Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Side Engine Mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mefhybrid03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Side Engine Mount

I Have a 2003 Honda civic hybrid. I am changing the motor mounts out. I am wondering how to remove the right engine mount with out having to unbolt the whole engine. It appears that the side mount slides into a slot and I have tried to slide it out with no luck. The engine is in the way. Has anyone else had this issue and what can be done to change this mount. Thank you
Old 09-26-2020
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Side Engine Mount

Right side, as in right side of the vehicle, or you're right side when you look into the vehicle (which is the left side of the vehicle)?
Old 09-26-2020
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
Right side, as in right side of the vehicle, or you're right side when you look into the vehicle (which is the left side of the vehicle)?
It would be the Right side of the vehicle or the passenger side of the vehicle.
Old 09-26-2020
Registered!!

It would be the right side of the vehicle or the passenger side of the vehicle.
Old 09-26-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,171 Likes on 815 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a diagram of the 2003 hybrid sedan AT engine mounts. I just naturally assumed you had an AT. If you have an MT, seems like the only difference is the front and left mounts.

Part you're talking about is the gel filled mount (box #4 on the diagram). Looks like it comes off in 2 pieces. Safe to assume you're having trouble with part #5 on the diagram?
Old 09-26-2020
Registered!!

I am aware of that and understand that. The issue is on the 03 hybrid after you unbolt everything item #5 slides into like a grove on the fender-well.
I have tried lowering the motor and raising it also, there is not enough space to slide it out of the grove. The only other thing I am thinking about trying
is unbolting the fwd and aft mounts also to get me a little more play with the engine. Unless someone has another suggestion.
Thank you for the picture.
Old 09-26-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,171 Likes on 815 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't trying to discredit your efforts. Mainly was trying to get a visual of where you were getting stuck and which specific part. Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experience with the hybrid engine bay, so I'm kinda useless here. Hopefully my post can help someone else help figure out your situation