Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Cylinder head

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Tracecross30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cylinder head

So I'm on here for over a week now talking about my overheating problems I'm having with my 02 civic,now I took the head off,it looks ok to me but I didn't put anything across the head surface to c if its warped. But the intake manifold dont look good at all to me.its just nasty with oily looks on the head and on manifold itself. Look at the pics and tell me what you guys think.

Not sure whats the deal with this.the outer portion of the head looks fine but around the edge of the piston housing on top looks like oil was reaching up there.

This is the input shaft and the bearing at the end of it is the one that people always saying is bad so bought that specific bearing to replace it,but when i opened the transmission case, thats not the bearing that need to be replace,its this big bearing that you actually looking at right there on top of tge shaft. Its shaking badly so i ordered that and two more that was shaking slightly on the counter shaft ,the shaft that goes mext to this this.

This is the counter shaft, there are two bearings under that big nut that you see there. They are shaking like i mentioned before..i ordered these two from this website (OEM PARTS SOURCE).
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cylinder head

It can look good to the naked eye but still be off. Last time I took a head in to get resurfaced, it needed .004" milled off to make it level
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Slumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of lightSlumpertcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Why does it look like a bottle of stop leak is in the coolant moats around the pistons..
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Ok. I will take my head in for resurfacing Tuesday
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Ok..I will take mine in Tuesday to have it check and recondition..
Old 2 Weeks Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracecross30 View Post
That's carbon in the egr passages, common for high mileage oil burning engines scrape it out as best you can
Also when you use the new intake gasket make sure it has the egr holes
Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

That's not the EGR valve bro,that's the intake manifold.. I just got the head back from the shop and they said it was warp and a valve was bent.

Is it recommended to reuse the head bolts? When I bought the head gasket theres a instruction saying using new bolts are required.
Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

BrotatoChip will become famous soon enough

Those are EGR passages in-between the intake ports on the manifold. If the build up blocks the passage you will start seeing misfires.
Old 1 Week Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracecross30 View Post
That's not the EGR valve bro,that's the intake manifold.. I just got the head back from the shop and they said it was warp and a valve was bent.

Is it recommended to reuse the head bolts? When I bought the head gasket theres a instruction saying using new bolts are required.
Those are the egr passages in the intake manifold.....

if you have the original oem head bolts and they are not damaged you can reuse them

did you not buy the oem head gasket like we told you to?
Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

I just cleaned the EGR ports on the intake manifold.. yes I got the head gasket like you said