Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

O2 sensor or A/F sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MichaelReid is an unknown quantity at this point
O2 sensor or A/F sensor

I've got an 05 civic and a while back i got an engine code P0135 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1, so i thought no problem i know my way around cars and ordered an O2 sensor online (cause the one from the dealer was almost $400)
installed it no problem reset the engine light and a day later P0134 came up no activity bank 1 sensor 1. now after some research I'm finding on this year it's actually a A/F ratio sensor is this true before i drop a bunch of money to find out this info is wrong?
Old 10-25-2015
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: O2 sensor or A/F sensor

Originally Posted by MichaelReid
I've got an 05 civic and a while back i got an engine code P0135 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1, so i thought no problem i know my way around cars and ordered an O2 sensor online (cause the one from the dealer was almost $400)
installed it no problem reset the engine light and a day later P0134 came up no activity bank 1 sensor 1. now after some research I'm finding on this year it's actually a A/F ratio sensor is this true before i drop a bunch of money to find out this info is wrong?
Yes.. it's an A/F ratio sensor and it's model specific:

This is OEM for 2005 Civic EX:
Amazon.com: Denso 234-9017 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor: Automotive Amazon.com: Denso 234-9017 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor: Automotive

This is OEM for 2005 DX, LX, HX and VP:
Amazon.com: Denso 234-9005 Oxygen Sensor: Automotive Amazon.com: Denso 234-9005 Oxygen Sensor: Automotive
Old 10-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It's true, 04 and 05 use an AF sensor as the primary sensor (B1S1).
It's much more accurate than a regular O2 sensor.

Find your original sensor, locate the brand name on it (DENSO or NTK) and get the same brand replacement sensor.
Look up your car on the sensor manufacturers website so you have a good and correct part number to search for.

Stay the hell away from every other brand.

EDIT: I now see turd has posted the denso links, thanks
Old 10-25-2015
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
It's true, 04 and 05 use an AF sensor as the primary sensor (B1S1).
It's much more accurate than a regular O2 sensor.

Find your original sensor, locate the brand name on it (DENSO or NTK) and get the same brand replacement sensor.
Look up your car on the sensor manufacturers website so you have a good and correct part number to search for.

Stay the hell away from every other brand.

EDIT: I now see turd has posted the denso links, thanks
Three weeks ago I installed the 2nd linked Denso 234-9005 on my mom's 2004 Civic VP (codger mobile..67k original miles) and no CEL so far.
Old 10-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson
OP.. 2001-2005 is 7th generation in case you didn't know.
Thread moved, thanx for the reminder