Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

02 LX electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oklahomacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
02 LX electrical issues

I just picked up an 02 civic LX and am having some issues with it. The cruise control does not work, the button on the dash does not illuminate anything in the cluster when pressed, and the set button does not illuminate anything either. The SRS light stays on, which I thought might be due to the fact that the drivers side seat belt does not latch, but the seat belt light goes off if I insert the buckle into the latch even though it doesn't actually latch. I also noticed that none of the dome lights work, as well as the trunk light. The front passenger side window is stopped about 3 inches from being all the way up and will not go up or down. It does not try to move when the switch is press and I cannot pull it up the rest of the way by hand so I'm guessing the results still attached and intact. I'm not sure if any of these issues are related or not. The car did not come with a manual so I'm ot sure which Fuses to start checking. Also worth noting that my horn does work so that might rule out the clock spring? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-27-2021
Click Here

Received 1,156 Likes on 903 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 02 LX electrical issues

There’s a cruise button under the left-hand side air vent. Make sure that’s pushed in.
Old 09-27-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oklahomacivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chezboat24
There’s a cruise button under the left-hand side air vent. Make sure that’s pushed in.
that is the button on the dash I was referring to. Pushing it does not change anything, no light comes on and the set button still does not work.
Old 09-30-2021
Registered!!

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
bachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nice

For the trunk and dome lights, check Fuse 3 (7.5 A) in the under hood fuse box.
If the fuse is good, you may just have a lot of bad bulbs or an open wire.

For the cruise control, the switch itself may be bad. But check Fuse 4 (10 A) in the under DASH fuse box.

For the SRS light, I would get a code reader that reads SRS codes and pull the code. That way you'll have some direction. I doubt the seatbelt clip has anything to do with it.
Old 10-01-2021
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Actually, yes the SRS code could be for the driver's seatbelt buckle switch issue - common problem.