Air Conditioning Post your questions about air conditioning here!

Location of AC intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trekev is an unknown quantity at this point
Location of AC intake

Hello!

I'm brand new to the forums. We just got a great deal on a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan LX from a family friend. Part of the reasonn it was such a great deal was because the previous owner was a smoker who smoked inside the car. We're in the process of trying to remove the smell now. We have the inside a deep clean, washed and extracted the seats. And eventually we're going to try to take the seats out to wash and extract the carpet.

One suggestion was to spray Ozium directly into the intake for the AC system to try to clean out anything that has gotten in there. Can someone help me locate the intake for the AC?

Also anyone got any tips for cleaning the headliner? We're afraid to do any kind of steam or be too rough with it.
Old 09-17-2022
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Location of AC intake

Changed the cabin filter yet?
air intake for the interior is at the base of the windshield you should see the opening in the cowl
Old 09-17-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trekev is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! I'll take a look tomorrow, I guess I was looking too far down in the engine bay.

Yep, first thing we changed was the cabin air filter. I don't think that was ever changed in the cars 120,000 miles. They had documents for all oil changes, but pretty much nothing else !

Old 09-19-2022
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I got the smoke smell out of my CRV by removing all the seats and plastic trim panels I could. I wiped them all down with Clorox wipes, both the front and back. Used the same wipes on the dash and any other hard surface that wasn't removed. I used carpet cleaner with a scrubbing brush on the cloth seats, carpets, and the headliner as well. I think I did two rounds of that. I replaced the shift **** and a rubber liner in a storage pocket because they smelled so bad. The steering wheel was really the only thing that still smelled at this point, it eventually stopped after a couple months.

This was in a 2003 CRV so I wasn't too concerned about being a little rough on the headliner. I didn't scrub too hard on the headliner, no damage was done though.