Safety/Security Items - SRS, Keys, Immobilizer, airbags, ABS Post your questions about safety items such as anti-theft systems (Keys), airbags, etc Some

Alarm help: 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V [solved]

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Karado58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Alarm help: 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V [solved]

Hello everyone,
Unable to find any reference to matching up wiring for a 2018 Civic Lx + Viper 350 PLUS 3105V alarm system.
I would really appreciate is your help in matching up the wiring from alarm to vehicle, and location of wiring on the vehicle.
I have numbered the wires on the alarm install guide to make it easier for you to reference, from 1 to 14.
I'm sure some will not be needed, but I have no idea as well.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Cheers and Blessings.

Old 07-26-2021
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
re: Alarm help: 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V [solved]

Grab a multimeter/volt meter and start testing wires. It tells you what you need to look for.
Old 07-28-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,129 Likes on 943 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Or if you go to a shop that does installs and ask nicely/bribe with coffee they might print out what you need
Old 07-30-2021
Registered!!

Arrow re: Alarm help: 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V [solved]

Hello everyone,
My alarm has 2 wires for either a + or - Door Trigger Input.
The problem for me is, my Civic has 4 different Door Trigger Input wires for each of the 4 doors, not a single one as the alarm expects.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Below I'm attaching a PDF of alarm wiring chart for my vehicle. Thanks to mgoetz74 @ 12volt.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2018 honda civic .pdf (39.8 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Karado58; 07-30-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2021
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

not 100% sure, but this (light green wire being pointed at by the light blue arrow) may be a good trigger if any door gets opened. Looks like it takes an input from the door switches via the BCM and triggers the dome light circuit to activate. Best bet is to take a multimeter to it, have someone (or yourself) hold the door switch button down (opening the circuit) and seeing if it's cold. Then release the door switch button (closing the circuit) and seeing if you get voltage (I'd imagine it sends a 12VDC signal, but I'm not 100% on that either, just reading the diagram).

I posted up a link (and stickied the post) to the 10thgen service manual in the 10thgen general sub forum. Wiring diagrams are in part 69. That particular wiring diagram I posted up is page 38 (left side) and 39 (right side) of part 69 (electrical wiring diagrams)

edit: did a bit more reading.. A3 (the green wire I pointed out) won't do it for you.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head with my limited search is taking a signal off each door (D22, D23, D24, D28) to the door open trigger input. The thing that's tripping me up is the tables above say that when the door is closed, you should be seeing battery voltage (11.x-14.x VDC-ish) when the door is closed... However, the wiring diagram shows that the door switches are expectedly momentary NC switches, open when the doors are closed (depressing the button), which would complete the circuit to activate the dome light to illuminate.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 07-30-2021 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2021
Registered!!

Thumbs up re: Alarm help: 2018 Civic Lx / Viper 350 PLUS 3105V [solved]

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
not 100% sure, but this (light green wire being pointed at by the light blue arrow) may be a good trigger if any door gets opened. Looks like it takes an input from the door switches via the BCM and triggers the dome light circuit to activate. Best bet is to take a multimeter to it, have someone (or yourself) hold the door switch button down (opening the circuit) and seeing if it's cold. Then release the door switch button (closing the circuit) and seeing if you get voltage (I'd imagine it sends a 12VDC signal, but I'm not 100% on that either, just reading the diagram).

I posted up a link (and stickied the post) to the 10thgen service manual in the 10thgen general sub forum. Wiring diagrams are in part 69. That particular wiring diagram I posted up is page 38 (left side) and 39 (right side) of part 69 (electrical wiring diagrams)

edit: did a bit more reading.. A3 (the green wire I pointed out) won't do it for you.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head with my limited search is taking a signal off each door (D22, D23, D24, D28) to the door open trigger input. The thing that's tripping me up is the tables above say that when the door is closed, you should be seeing battery voltage (11.x-14.x VDC-ish) when the door is closed... However, the wiring diagram shows that the door switches are expectedly momentary NC switches, open when the doors are closed (depressing the button), which would complete the circuit to activate the dome light to illuminate.
Good evening xRiCeBoYx
I can't thank you enough for your time in helping me....so very grateful!
Today i tried finding a reasonably priced alarm install place, outrageously expensive, almost twice the cost of my 100. alarm! I just can't afford it right now, and I live in a bad area.
If I could solve this problem, I'm well on my way to installing it myself.
Hopefully there is a way to do this correctly?!
Old 07-30-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,201 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i will be honest.
if you are in US, majority of car thefts happen with cars that have their doors unlocked. Plenty of them unlocked around, if it is locked, unless you left something expensive visible inside the car, they will move to the next.
If they really wants your car, not much can be done, even with fancy alarms.

most of cases, the factory alarm and chipped key are enough to avoid the car being taken. Broken glass will happen anyway

there is an easy and cheaper alternative too.
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-30-2021
Registered!!

Door trigger issue was resolved, thanks to kreg357 @ 12volt!

kreg357 @ 12volt:"All four Civic door trigger wires are (-) and will be connected to the Vipers (-) Door Trigger input wire. You must use four 1N4001 diodes to isolate the four door trigger wires before you combine them into one wire for the Viper connection. This prevents cross talk between the four doors. Your Civic probably has a Instrument Cluster display that will show you exactly which door is open. Without the isolating diodes, one door open will display all doors being open. This site has a write up on Diodes with diagrams. You can get a ten pack of 1N4001 diodes from several online sites like EBay or Amazon for less than $4. When installing the diodes, the band goes toward the Civic, away from the Viper."
Old 07-30-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,129 Likes on 943 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Karado58
!
Today i tried finding a reasonably priced alarm install place, outrageously expensive, almost twice the cost of my 100. alarm
That's quite reasonable, labour isn't cheap and they're going to be working on your car for a couple of hours
Old 07-30-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
That's quite reasonable, labour isn't cheap and they're going to be working on your car for a couple of hours
It does make sense, if I placed myself in their situation.