Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Crap NOT AGAIN!!! VanCity ppl should read

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manixc is an unknown quantity at this point
Crap NOT AGAIN!!! VanCity ppl should read

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] , Just surfing the net and watching the news at the same time. When this caught my attention. Basically, a '03 Civic SIR hit a RCMP car in early morning thus killing the officer inside. Worse thing is, the driver RAN from the scene [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] AND EVEN WORSE is that the driver is Chinese (as said by some witnesses)!!! The officer is Asian, too!! This is SICK and REALLY Fu-ked up!!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

I have no problem w/ ppl racing and etc. BUT I strongely believe that if u are going to do something, dont involve/affect other bystanders!! And the media is going to be all over this AGAIN!!! especially in Richmond!!!
I shouldn't say anything about all the stinking rich asian parents BUT [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] teach the kids!!

May that RCMP officer RIP.
and let that driver be a someone b*tch in Jail then rot in HELL!!

P.S. Hope all u Richmond ppl who have modded their civics can unmod ur car 'cause Richmond is going to be HELL on anyone w/ a slightly mod car[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-15-2002

GOTSPRINGROLLS is an unknown quantity at this point
dayam.! i feel bad for the cop.....nonono not again. time to remove parts to aviod vi.
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope he gets caught and goes to jail for a loooooooooong time...i don't care who he/she is...
and i do have a problem with racing...don't be an idiot by doing it on public streets...go to a race track or something
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

DjCarrot is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont care if the cops become all **** over modded cars, i just hope they catch that idiot in the civic.... I had a friend die in a car accident just over a year ago and they still havent caught the guy who caused it

Condolences to the friends and family of the officer.
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

roundeyericegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts are with the officers family as well......

Street racing kills, if this isn't enough to prove that, what will be?

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
He might not have been racing. He could just have very well been speeding.
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

roundeyericegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as I have heard, he was racing a Prelude, and he hoped into the Prelude and they took off after the crash, so.....
that's what I have read about it so far.

Either way, doesn't matter he was still speeding and killed someone!! It's irrisponsible to drive 120km in a 50km zone!!
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

Those two were really STUPID to run away like that. If they were racing, the prelude should've stayed and CALLED the cops. Now the driver of the "prelude" is going to get charged with accessory to whatever the civic driver is charged with. Just how stupid can people get!!!
I really hope the family of the dead officer will sue these jacka$$ for whatever they have.

[hr]

Recent cases of street racing have claimed many lives in Richmond, and across the rest of the Lower Mainland.

A three-vehicle street race on Feb. 14 on Cambie Street in Richmond killed Danny Chew, 22. The driver of the BMW in which Chew was a passenger was also killed, but his name was not released.

A Richmond high school student, 18-year-old Joseph Lui, was killed in June 2001 when he rolled his new BMW on Alderbridge Way, apparently while racing a Volkswagen Jetta.

Payam Yaghoobi, 17, of North Vancouver died in February 2001 when the Lexus in which he was a passenger crashed into the West Vancouver library. The car was racing a BMW along Marine Drive before it went out of control.

In Vancouver, 33-year-old Jerry Kithithee was killed while crossing Knight Street in June, 2000, when he was struck by a Porsche Boxster that was racing two other cars. Kwok Kei (Cliff) Tang, 26, was sentenced to four years in jail.

[hr]
Just look at these!!

Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

incajay is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont even know what to say, but this is very bad.
i have no problem with street racing, but geez.
people are not very smart.

Jay
Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

ShoGuN is an unknown quantity at this point
these ppl are friggin stupid..I'm asian myself and I ain't siding with them at all..
rich parents screw their child over by buying them a fast car...that's just wrong..

and this guy is stupid enuf to start speeding or racing right on No.3 road...that road is like the most heaty road in richmond, cops are always on No.3
now he killed sumbody by running a red, and that's not just anybody, that's a friggin COP!! cops are surely gonna be all over modded cars over this incident..especially Asians in imports....

man, just as I thought 0-tolerance is about to die down, this sheet happens... I hate getting hassled by cops...and especially hate those stupid asian kids that drive nice cars to either kill themselves or kill others, that essentially affects all the other safe, young drivers.

Old 09-16-2002
Registered!!

popsiclepete is an unknown quantity at this point
u know, i'm kinda wondering... why don't they just increase the fines for excessive speeding by ten fold and then slap on a hefty jail sentence (even just for speeding)... shouldn't that prevent ppl from doing it? that's a hell of a lot better than pulling over every single asian kid with a nice car.. (which is really useless)
Old 09-18-2002
Registered!!

Oishi is an unknown quantity at this point
well if the guy gets caught he'll be charged with manslaughter, homicide, running away from the scene, use of a dangerous weapon, speeding, running a red light and oh yah stupidity to the 10th degree...
we said it once here and i'll say it again...say no to street racing...keep it in the tracks
Old 09-18-2002
Registered!!

it's actually much less than that!!!

the SIR diver is charged with something like criminal neglect causing death, failure to stop at a accident and dangerous operation of vechile
his firend is charged with only the last two
Old 09-18-2002
President

dret is an unknown quantity at this point
holysh*ts thats crzy..
i heard that the cop blocked some azn girls car from getting hit... and thats why he got hit and died

dam man
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

Zolutar is an unknown quantity at this point
This is just sickening....Hope they catch the guy and lock him up, there is no excuse for that....

Thoguhts and prayers to the officer's family and wonder when the insanity will end.
Old 09-19-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Utmost condolences to the police officer. Its a shame to lose an officer of the law to such flagrant stupidity as that. I'm not one to be preaching about speeding, but at least i try to keep it from being excessive...and within some reason.
Old 09-20-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
The both are charged with Criminal Negligence causing death, which in the criminal code, it can go as high
as a life sentence. I hope they get a good judge or both of them are fvcking screwed. Imagine being 20-22 yrs old
and serving a life sentence..
Old 09-20-2002
Registered!!

yeah but they're old enough to realize the consequences... i mean it's not just EXCESSIVE speeding...

it's walking away from someone who's obviously about to die. they've got to be pretty screwed in the head to do sumthing like that
i say if they have the guts to do something like this, they have the guts to commit murder...
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

DjCarrot is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: popsiclepete
yeah but they're old enough to realize the consequences... i mean it's not just EXCESSIVE speeding...

it's walking away from someone who's obviously about to die. they've got to be pretty screwed in the head to do sumthing like that
i say if they have the guts to do something like this, they have the guts to commit murder...[hr]

i dont think they have the guts, they just lack the brains.
Old 09-21-2002
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
I saw on the late CBC news broadcast last night that cops in richmond are towing and fining basically any modded car..

they just stayed at the side of the road pulling over basically any import that's been lowered...

it looked as though if they find you with illegal lights, little tire clearance, loud muffler, etc, they'll tow you....

I was like WTF but that's what they showed on video....

can anyone verify any of this? lowering a car isnt' illegal right? what mods are illegal(other than lights)? i was sleepy and just channel flipping so i didn't catch everything...
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: turboslug
I saw on the late CBC news broadcast last night that cops in richmond are towing and fining basically any modded car..

they just stayed at the side of the road pulling over basically any import that's been lowered...

it looked as though if they find you with illegal lights, little tire clearance, loud muffler, etc, they'll tow you....

can anyone verify any of this? lowering a car isnt' illegal right? what mods are illegal(other than lights)? i was sleepy and just channel flipping so i didn't catch everything...[hr]
lowering 1 inch isn't illegal, there's a limit to how low u can go.
Old 09-22-2002
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: manixc

can anyone verify any of this? lowering a car isnt' illegal right? what mods are illegal(other than lights)? i was sleepy and just channel flipping so i didn't catch everything...[hr]
lowering 1 inch isn't illegal, there's a limit to how low u can go.[hr]

what are the limits to lowering cars though? i saw one that didn't look very lowered at all..it just had 18s.....

how about engine mods? what is illegal? or should i say what are the limits of engine mods?
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: manixc

lowering 1 inch isn't illegal, there's a limit to how low u can go.[hr]

what are the limits to lowering cars though? i saw one that didn't look very lowered at all..it just had 18s.....

how about engine mods? what is illegal? or should i say what are the limits of engine mods?[hr]
from what my friend told me, u can't lower more than 2 inches. I'm not 100% sure since I didn't lower mine.
someone on here should know
Old 09-23-2002
Registered!!

this was posted awhile ago, it should answer ur questions

Vancouver Island RCMP Car Modification Page

btw, most of the rules are taken from the BC motor vehicles act... so anything which applies on the island, will apply to the rest of BC as well.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-23-2002
Super Hoser

[hr]Originally posted by: popsiclepete
this was posted awhile ago, it should answer ur questions

Vancouver Island RCMP Car Modification Page

btw, most of the rules are taken from the BC motor vehicles act... so anything which applies on the island, will apply to the rest of BC as well.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
haha it mentions that nos is commonly used in motorhomes...hehe...