Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Whats up with the locked threads??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up with the locked threads??

Not to be a little b!tch or anything, but i think this is bullsh!t. People have varying opinions on things man....thats reality. If we cant express them in a civilized way (as i thought we were doing), then why not just have us all brainwashed to believe in the same things. Its not wrong to disagree....in fact, looking at things from varied standpoints is pretty damn educating if you ask me. The first time semi-intellectual/worldly discussion comes to can-west it is shot down. Pity. I guess we're more redneck than we thought? Ok, lets return to wallowing in our own ignorance.....and remember....if you're not going to agree with someone, dont say anything at all. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

icey is an unknown quantity at this point
fine, you can post all the stuff you want...just dont post it in this forum...this is supposed to be for CAN WEST meets, events, etc. I am usually fairly relaxed and let TONS of stuff get posted here even when it doesnt belong. I let most threads stay here, even when they dont belong...but sometimes things get out of hand, or people start arguing, etc...and it has nothing to do with what this section of the forums was intended for...
Old 06-10-2002
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
I was not arguing...and that thread that got locked was not getting out oh hand...everyone was making many valid points about there moral issues on the topic and properly commenting on one anothers replys...
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

I thought this forum was specifically designated for the people of Western Canada to inter-relate with each other......and all the other forums were specifically designated for car issues.....(excluding Off Topic of course). [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

this is the kinda stuff that gets threads locked
[hr]that's not cool at all...straight up ignorance...get a life [hr]
[hr]dude...think before you do something...[hr]
that kinda stuff....i mean, if you guys want, we can just leave this forum alone...and it can turn into somethin' like RS fight club...up to you..
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Its ok Bryan, we all take advantage of our power from time to time!!

hahaha, j/k man!

Can West has barely any posts anyways, you both have good points.
Old 06-10-2002
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Well icey has been put in the position of being a mod and he has been on these threads a month longer than I have...so he is quite experienced with the content that is allowed in this forum....And well if he locks the thread...then there must be a good reason for doing so....and as a result of some of the content our "spat at a bum" thread was locked...also I think he may have over looked the thread a little more...if it began with the OT: acronym...Well personally I didn't think that the thead got out of hand...cuz well I kept a lot of my replys to a minimum amount of rash nuances.....But I wish that we hand more threads like the one that just go locked cuz this Can West forum is getting hella boaring....cuz well no one is doing crap to there cars..and well I want to talk to the ppl in my area not everyone that filters into the Off Topic thread.....cuz well I can not globaly relate to them..hahaha...Well there are rules to this thread...and I guess for us to be allowed to express them we will have to find a more intellectual way to express our thoughts....and not be reduced to our redneck selves..(btw..which is not me ill reduce to a poor rice picker..haha)....

And well I love to hear what ppl have to say..especially damian cuz well he is the future lawyer of 2k1....so litigate away..
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

poor rice picker lol! I'd be a full-frontal redneck....my dad's side of the family is replete with small-town riot-inciting trailor trash. I mean every word. lol. At least they all have good teeth....!

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah, i know man....i love arguing/rationalizing **** and i know you do too...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] That was the first thread i was really getting into in a long time and i was like when i saw that it was locked.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

tsunamisplash is an unknown quantity at this point
yah.. icey.. if you were doing it to protect me or anybody else from getting hurt by anything said.. i thank you, but dun worry about us too much.. i'm not about to get hotheaded on here unless someone directly attacks me and that wasn't happening.

in this case, i agreed that what i did was wrong, but justifiable by the fact that i COULD have done alot worse int hat situation. again, no one has to agree with me, but it also doesn't mean it will turn into a fight.

no one is doubting your mod habits, but next time just let it smoothen out on its own. or atleast give it a chance to.

laters.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Yeah, icey, this wasn't a personal attack or anything, man. We all know you're the coolest mod evAr since you're the only mod from western canada... I dunno....just letting you know my opinion and stuff...*shrug*

Peace!
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

a'ight..no worries guys =)