Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Noises and Leaks...Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSleigher is an unknown quantity at this point
Noises and Leaks...Please HELP!

Hello everyone, I recently bought my first car, a 2008 Honda Civic LX Sedan. I have the following two inspection reports.
[Links to reports have been removed.]

NOISES:
[p1] When the brake pedal is pressed all the way down, the car makes a single loud banging sound before coming to a complete stop. The sound comes possibly from the rear right side.
[p2] When someone tries to get in the car and sit on the rear right side of the back-seat, the car makes creaking sounds.
[p3] While turning the steering wheel with the brake pedal pressed all the way down, the car makes creaking sounds.

LEAKS found by MIDAS:
[p4] "Slight leak from engine oil pan": MIDAS marked it as "may require future attention" and told me, I should watch for it to get worse and then take it for repair.
[p5] "Rear shocks are leaking slightly": MIDAS marked it as "may require future attention" too and told me, I should have them changed at 80,000 KM.

My questions:
[q1] What might be causing these noises and what would be a reasonable price for fixing it?
[q2] Any suggestions on repair shops in Calgary that might do a good job on fixing it? I am asking because MIDAS couldn't identify the reason.
[q3] How will I know if the leak from engine oil pan is getting worse? Should I watch for heavier leaks on the floor under the car? Should I watch for anything else?
[q4] Should I get all the leaks fixed right away? How much they may cost?

Thanks very much for reading and for your valuable suggestions!

Last edited by CivicSleigher; 07-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2013
Registered!!

Re: Noises and Leaks...Please HELP!

Thanks for your suggestions under the related thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4644071.

UPDATE on NOISES:
Noises were caused by dust deposits in the rear brakes. Dusts were cleaned and some lubricants were put on where applicable by a trusted technician, who only charged me $40 for the job.

UPDATE on LEAKS:
According to this technician, upper oil pan is showing minor seepage but will not require any immediate fix. He didn't find the rear shocks leaking; they just collected some dark dusts.

Last edited by CivicSleigher; 07-05-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Why two threads for the same thing?
Old 07-05-2013
Registered!!

Sorry, BlueEM2. This thread has an additional region specific question that I needed help with. So I posted it under this local/geographic forum. Spamming was not my intention.
Old 07-05-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, no problem. No need to duplicate. If you have a regional specific question ask that question only. It gets really confusing when you have people answering the same questions on two different threads lol