Electrical Post your Electrical issues here!

All warning lights are rotating on

Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lug-nut is an unknown quantity at this point
All warning lights are rotating on

Hello, newbie here!

So i have a '16 Civic EX that I just purchased through dealer with 50k miles on it. Before I took possession, they fixed the A/C as it was blowing hot air. Long story short, this morning when I started it up, I heard a loud "clunk"...after about 5 seconds the engine shut off. I restarted it, waited a couple minutes, then backed out and started driving off. About 2 houses later, my warning lights started rotating on my dash. The following just turned on then cycled through and kept repeating itself. Brake System Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Vehicle Stability Assist Problem, Hill/Start Assist Problem, Power Steering System Problem, 12 Volt Battery Charging System Problem. Turned around and took my wife's car to work. Came home to verify it still does the same thing and the A/C does not blow cold air again. I'm guessing there is a valve, sensor or something that is connecting the two together.

My question is: What the fudge? Is this something major or no biggie? I called the dealer and they are going to take care of it but thinking to myself, will this be something that is going to repeat itself?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Lug-nut
Old 08-01-2019
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ducebigalow is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: All warning lights are rotating on

This doesn't sound good in my opinion, and I would have said take it back immediately to the dealership where you purchased it from and have them check everything! I am assuming you have some sort of warranty on it. I would document everything to and from the dealership on this, just in case you have an issue after the warranty expires. Then you could say this has been an on going issue from day x, that clearly hasn't been resolved. Even if they send you a survey on the service they do, fill it out but where it says did we fix the issue I would add a comment that says something like time will tell etc.
Old 08-03-2019
Registered!!

lug-nut is an unknown quantity at this point

so here is the dealio...I killed a cat! and in doing so my serpentine belt broke which caused all the warning lights to come on. A cat had crawled into my engine bay and when i started up the car, i guess it tried to get out. i never saw the cat when i looked into the engine from above or below. car warranty didnt cover it obviously but my insurance did. i finally got it back the other day as it had to be sanitized. Note to self... "bang on hood before i start the car!"
Old 10-04-2021
Registered!!

lemonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: All warning lights are rotating on

Did you ever figure out what was the issue for all the warning alerts? I have a 2018 Honda Civic EX. I got all those same alerts and a 12 volt battery charging system problem alert as well. Had the alternator tested and was told it was bad. Then had the new one installed and drove it for 4 hours. All the messages popped back on and I barely made it into my driveway before the car lost all power. The battery died I am assuming as I didn't have any lights including the halogens and those are on all the time (I have never been able to figure out how to turn them off). My driver window was down slightly and no juice to get it up. This morning I went to the car to get something and just tried to start it. The damn thing started, all the alerts are on the dash still; however the 12 volt battery alert did not pop on. Anything anyone can help with would be great and most appreciated.
Old 10-04-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

It says right in the third post....
check your battery and alternator connections