General Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

2020 civic si buzzing noise at 3k rpm (please delete other post, not this one)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larkin4133 is an unknown quantity at this point
2020 civic si buzzing noise at 3k rpm (please delete other post, not this one)

Larkin4133 , 5 Days Ago
Registered!!
Hows the community guys?
So recently I’ve been having an issue with my dealership...... Yea big surprise! I know! But anyways Back in March of 2020, I had purchased a new 2020 civic si from balise Honda. When I drove the car I fell in love with it so I bit the bullet and financed it. Fast forward a few months later in about October of 2020 I started getting this weird buzzing noise at 3k-4.5k rpms. Took it to the dealership and what a surprise! They can’t duplicate the issue! That made me open up a claim with Honda Corp. After that I took it back to them a few more times (for the same issue) to be told they cannot duplicate the issue there is no problem. If that was the case, I wouldn’t experience this noise! NowI’m posting a video of my car duplicating the noise and then I will post a video of me turning my car off and trying to duplicate the noise and it completely disappears! Any help from you guys would be lovely. (I took these video back to back. I got out the store to start my car and the noise was there. Recorded the video for evidence and proof. I shut the car off to then turn it back on and see if it would replicate again, and it disappears!) (YOU MUST PUT PHONE CLOSE TO EAR IN BOTH VIDEOS TO HEAR THE PITCH OF VIBRATION IM TALKING

Here is the video with the buzzing noise......

Here is the video without the buzzing......

Moderator if you could please not delete this post and rather the other post, thank you.

Please let me know what you guys think is going on!

Old 05-01-2021
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2020 civic si buzzing noise at 3k rpm (please delete other post, not this one)

Not gonna lie. I watched both videos with a SteelSeries Arctis1 headset and couldn't tell the difference.

where does it seem like the vibration is coming from? Dash, pillar, engine bay, under the car?
Old 05-01-2021
Registered!!

Re: 2020 civic si buzzing noise at 3k rpm (please delete other post, not this one)

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Not gonna lie. I watched both videos with a SteelSeries Arctis1 headset and couldn't tell the difference.

where does it seem like the vibration is coming from? Dash, pillar, engine bay, under the car?
If you have an IPhone watch it with an iPhone and put it close to your ear. If you listen to the first video, around 6 seconds the buzzing starts when I hit 3k rpms. In the second video, watch it with an iPhone and that buzz is not present. When it begins it buzzes throughout the whole cabin and you can hear it. I have people that sit in my car telling me they hear it. The sound seems like it’s coming from the middle of my dash towards the windshield.
Old 05-01-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,450 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

then you might have something loose under the dash.

my car did have a weird flapping noise from time to time.
turns out one zip tie end was on the way of the radiator fan.
I only found it because i looked for it seriously.
can be anything

oh, yeah, there was that other time that we had a clunk noise in a car everytime the car had any acceleration, lateral or longitudinal. Car was bought used
turns out it was an coke glass bottle under the rear seat.

so, this is internet forums. Only you can investigate, we can only look at the monitor here.
Old 05-01-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
then you might have something loose under the dash.

my car did have a weird flapping noise from time to time.
turns out one zip tie end was on the way of the radiator fan.
I only found it because i looked for it seriously.
can be anything

oh, yeah, there was that other time that we had a clunk noise in a car everytime the car had any acceleration, lateral or longitudinal. Car was bought used
turns out it was an coke glass bottle under the rear seat.

so, this is internet forums. Only you can investigate, we can only look at the monitor here.
I hear you, just figured maybe someone has experienced a similiar noise and had it fixed. I have found that it is definitely rpm dependent in the 3k-5k rpm range. Somethings telling me it’s a bearing in my transmission, clutch or driveshaft. Heat shield rattle would be a little different of a buzz. I also wanted to know what you meant on my last post by “ it doesn’t even sound proportional to engine speed”. Did you mean my engine sounds like it’s struggling and coarse?

Last edited by Larkin4133; 05-01-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2021
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

He means that as the engine speed changes the noise doesn't change
Old 05-02-2021
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
He means that as the engine speed changes the noise doesn't change

okay I thought that’s what he ment, but like I stated to him in another post, I was crawling in neutral at the time of the video. Once I heard the noise, I threw the car into neutral and revved to 3k rpms to duplicate the buzzing noise. After I got it on video I quickly parked and shut the car down. Upon starting it back up to see if the noise was there, it was completely gone. That’s what prompt me to make the second video as I said, it comes and goes, so I wanted proof of how quickly it can come on and disappear. That’s how I know it’s a problem, but Honda isn’t doing anything about it.