Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Got pulled over... then got a BS ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L23Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Got pulled over... then got a BS ticket!

Okay, here's what happened to me two nights ago...

[before getting pulled over]

I was going Northbound on Markham Road two night ago at around 11:30pm heading to work. I'm at the Markham and Sheppard intersection, waiting for the light to turn green. I'm in the passing lane. There are no cars behind me or anything. I was basically the ONLY car at the light. The light turns green and I go. I reach up to the speed of 70km/h... and I stay there, since I left a lil' early that night and I was in no rush. Also, there was no other car around me, so there was no point overspeeding by a lot. So, here I am... up to the speed of 70km/h... and I'm just minding my own business. As I look up in my rearview mirror... I see these bright headlights coming at me FAST!!! I'm thinking to myself... should I move out of the passing lane, or just stay and let him go around me since there were no other cars around? I decided to stay in the passing lane anyway, since I'm already going 70km/h... and I didn't want to gun it just cuz someone was coming at me fast. Newayz... he catches up to me and he gets on my ***! I'm talking, CLOSE... right up to my rear bumper. I'm like, what the hell is this guy's problem? I maintained speed and I kept looking in my rearview.. after a bit, I noticed the lights on the top of his car... I'm like, oh shiet... COPS! But it wasn't lit or anything... he was just tailgating my ***! Next thing you know, I'm approaching FINCH, and it's a red. I pass the new set of lights right by the MikkyD's, by the Formula Honda dealer... and I'm slowing down... next thing you know, he turns on his cherries on me, right when I get at Finch and pulls me over! So I pull over on the shoulder, right by the Esso.

[now pulled over]

He approaches my car. Looks inside, looks at me... doesn't say anything. Then finally he goes... drivers license, registration, blah blah blah. So I'm now slowly reaching for those things... and since this is my FIRST TIME getting pulled over... I'm like... uhmm, what am I getting pulled over for? The officer goes... do you know how fast you were going back there? I told him straight up... yah, 70! Then he looks at me and goes... we clocked you at 90. At this point, I didn't want to get mouthy, so I just looked at him like... what?! Now I'm thinking to myself... screw you, you were tailgating my *** the whole time, and I know for a fact I NEVER even passed 80. Cuz after the light turned green on Sheppard, I stayed at 70!!! THIS IS KNOW FOR SURE!!! So now I'm pissed, cuz the officer is basically lying to me... and I'm telling the truth! So yah, I give him all the papers and shiet... and I'm waiting in the car.

[comes back to give me back my papers and ticket]

He comes back after a good 5 or 10 minutes or so... this is what he says...

Okay, I looked over your record and I'm going to give you a "big break" this time. I'm NOT going to give you a speeding ticket... so, no points taken off or anything... but I AM gonna give you a $110.00 ticket for not having your ownership SIGNED. Now I'm thinking... WHAT?! I'm confused at this point, cuz this officer said he pulls me over for going 90... then he comes back and tells me he won't give me a speeding ticket... but gives me a ticket for now having the ownership signed! If he wanted to be really nice and give me a big break... he should've have handed me a pen and told me to sign it right on the spot! Okay... so I just take it and I'm like, is that all?! He's like, yah... have a goodnight, drive safely and watch your speed! In my head I'm thinking... screw you! You were the one tailgating my *** for no reason, and yah I was speeding, but by 10km/h over (whoopydoo)... and from Sheppard to Finch, that's how long it takes for you and your buddy to decided to pull me over. That to me is just BULLSHIT!!!

[afterthoughts...]

I'm happy that he didn't give me a speeding ticket. (even if he did, I'd see his *** in court)
I don't understand how you'd tailgate me for that long, then pull me over.
The way I see it, he goofed by pulling me over and he realized by looking at my CLEAN record, he made a mistake and he charges me a stupid ticket for not having the ownership signed. The reason I didn't have it signed it cuz, when I got the car from Honda... they said, everything is taken car of... your ownership is in the glovebox along with your manual and your radio code and all that stuff... but ever since then, I NEVER took it out of the glovebox and had a close look at the ownership. Damn, I'm gonna plead guilty but with an explanation to this offence. $110.00 for a damn signature sounds ridiculous to me... and I had good reason for not having it signed. I know ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law... but c'mon, the judge has to give me some consideration. It's my first car... I didn't know it had to be signed. If I did, you think I'd let something as easy as a signature on a piece of paper left blank? Well, that my long story... thanks for reading, that is, if you even got this far... haha!
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
scarborough's cops are the biggest A S S in GTA...i dont know what is their problems but they seems to hate all Honda and pull over ppl for no reason. i guess he has nothing special to do that time so decided to pull u over and killed some time
if your car is done up then he for sure will give u BS ticket for exhaust and headlights
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Quackers is an unknown quantity at this point
You should of SLAMMED your breaks.... and if the cop hit you, than it would be your lucky day my friend cuz it's 100% his fault muahahaha then you can get like a body kit for free, all paid by the goverment I think (cuz it's the cop that hit u) or the insurance...

f u ckin dumba.s.s cops
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

stillmatik23 is an unknown quantity at this point
buddy that is nothing..last week i got pulled over..for supposedly doing 70 in a 50 zone....and he says woah i can't even see inside your car..and tells me my tints are too dark and my exhaust is too loud...and if anyone has seen my car or heard it its no that dark...or loud...so i am taking all three to court...just gonna hire one of those traffic ticket guys...cause i can't afford to have my insurance go up...but yeah..cops are soo stupid nowadays..i was pretty mouthy to him..and i kept reving the car when he was writing the tickets...haah just to **** him off..i told him i will see him in court..and this guy was like literally 300lbs...fattest cop ever...blah blah.so peel out when i left..I HATE COPS
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

atomicblue is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i got a ticket for going 75 in a 50. i wasnt going 75. i was probably going 60 like everyone else. the cop did show me the radar gun reading and it did say 75. but thier were a lot of other cars on the road, so it could have been one of thiers. i know i wasnt going that fast. i also got a ticket in the mail for running a red light. one of those intersection camera's got me [brimley and huntingwood--watch out!]. but i made a right hand turn on the red and you can even see my car slanted to the right side in the first picture. and then there was no car in the second picture...but it said on the ticket that i went through the itersection on a red...
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Take your ticket to court or something.. have it reduced. I know it's only $110, but it's such a minor thing, they'll throw it out the window.

As for the cop, usually when they tailgate you, it's basically a warning. Whether you were actually speeding, or he THOUGHT you were speeding, he decided to follow you. He wanted you to slow down, basically...

But yeah, that cop's a c**k.
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont get why cops are alwasy up our A$$ when we drives honda...when we drives a done up neon they wont bother us...just civic
if the cop catch ppl doing retarded cutting lane or doing 160 on highway then sure but not for lights too bright, tint too dark, exhaust too loud, car too low...etc [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

andoy is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate cops as well...... got pulled over for my muffler and lights..... booked me.. 2 tickets 110 each...... fighting it though......... i hate them!!!!!!... and wut makes matters worst is that i got pulled over 30seconds away from my house.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
if he tail gates u, just slow down to 60.. ... he's checking your license plate....
i was driving 70 on mcnicol (be4 it was 40) cop sped up and started to tail gate me..

Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
the funny thing is.....i got pulled over a few times when i drove a mini van......now that i drive a civic......i havnt come across and problems with cops as of yet.......
Old 11-14-2002
Registered!!

atomicblue is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: scsGrumPyDriveR
if he tail gates u, just slow down to 60.. ... he's checking your license plate....
i was driving 70 on mcnicol (be4 it was 40) cop sped up and started to tail gate me..[hr]
where on mcnichol? between midland and kennedy??
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

BlueTroll is an unknown quantity at this point
tell u guys a trick for gettin away wid tix...... well.... try to at least...... go to court the first time wid a buddy.... if u recognize the dum azz cop.... get ur buddy to go in and tell em ur sick while u get the hell outta there....... they'll postpone it....... and hopefully next time the cop won't be there.....

so after u go the second time and the cop is there..... then....... hum......honestly..... if its ur first offense..... just talk to the judge.... tell him/her that ur very sorry.... and this was a one time thing........ and will never happen again.......... that BS... u know...... kiss their ***..... but usually for speedin tickets..... the cop will show up.....

gotta remember to dress up nice too...... give the judge a good impression of u...... its all about the first impression.

hey stillmatik...... those ticketfighters r all scams man...... their idea of 'winning' is only gettin like a couple bux off ur ticket.... if u use em, u gotta make sure u get the whole ticket off... meaning not guilty..... most of the time the xcoppers just go in and plead guilty..... and they'll just accept the ticket and pay like 60 bux..... and the customer pays xcoppers like 2 bills for that..... and ur still GETTING A TICKET....so those guys make enuf money off people.......u have just a good a chance going urself than having an xcopper represent u.....

long msg but i had to get it off my chest.... hope this helps u guys out.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

TTCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
These COPS are all ******. They cannot just make up any speed they they want. There must be proof! If u are pulled over by a cop and they say you are speeding but u know that u didn't, make sure you ask them to show you the radar reading. They must provide you with the reading on the radar gun, unless you ran pass a cop car going faster than the speeding limit. At that time the speedometer in the cruiser will be the proof since he was only going 60 when u pass them. This trick works. Without the radar reading, the charge will have a better chance being dropped at court! I got pulled over once at Steels infront of PMALL. The cop followed me from brimley and steels. When he pulled me over, he said I was speeding. When i ask him how fast, he replied "You were doing 100km in that left turn on brimley turning to steels. I bet all of you guys knew already, It is pretty impossible doing 100 in a left turn. EVen with my Koni, that is still not going to happen. So he went back into his car. Meanwhile I was so pissed ! and I decide to call the COPS non-emergercy line to make a complaint. They operator transfered my call to the cops's division which happens to be the one in Markville. I told them my story. After another 5 minutes (these cops takes forever to write a few lines) he came back to my car and said "I'm in a good mood today and I'll give u a break this time."

What do u guys think of this?
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

ice2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
COPS ARE STUPID SOMETIMES~[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
your ownership wasn't signed? wow thats total bs.... cops are trying to hit people with any kind of tickets now
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Chlorine is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually used Pointts to fight my first ticket... paid them $300... they got it reduced from 38 over to 15 over... 4 to 0 points. The fine would have been $280... now it's only $50. So it was worth it. I don't think I could have talked them into reducing that much for me. Ya I guess I still have a ticket... which will still affect my insurance... but 0 pts better than 4 pts.

Now have two others to worry about [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

FlippedOut is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: stillmatik23
buddy that is nothing..last week i got pulled over..for supposedly doing 70 in a 50 zone....and he says woah i can't even see inside your car..and tells me my tints are too dark and my exhaust is too loud...and if anyone has seen my car or heard it its no that dark...or loud...so i am taking all three to court...just gonna hire one of those traffic ticket guys...cause i can't afford to have my insurance go up...but yeah..cops are soo stupid nowadays..i was pretty mouthy to him..and i kept reving the car when he was writing the tickets...haah just to **** him off..i told him i will see him in court..and this guy was like literally 300lbs...fattest cop ever...blah blah.so peel out when i left..I HATE COPS[hr]
i hate cops too...
they're all over sauga these past couple of weeks...

fortunately, no tickets for me yet.

you got ***** for reving at the cop...
wish i was there to see it...

Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

L23Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, seems like enough of us are getting pulled over!
That makes me feel a LITTLE better that I'm not the only one getting picked on... but this is getting ridiculous!
I wouldn't mind if cop tailgated me... fine... I wouldn't mind if the pulled me over to ask me questions... fine... but f**k, to pull me over for NO REASON, and then accuse me of speeding 30km/h over... when I know I was set on 70km/h is just bullshit! Especially when he was on my *** the whole time since the light turned green at Sheppard, then follows me to Finch. You're telling me he waits that long, just to tell me I'm speeding?! I thought cops are suppose to set good examples... instead, they aggrevate us by telling us we're doing something we're not! Cops are starting to **** me off!!! I'm not gonna say I hate them... cuz yah, they do come in handy... but damn, don't they have anything better to do than pull us over for no reason!? Shiet... just stay at the coffee shop and enjoy your donuts... f*kK! I don't think I've seen or heard of a cop pulling someone over, just to check them out... then lets them go without any tickets! They HAVE TO nab you for something! Altho, my friend said cops have let her off enough times for shiet... but that's only cuz she's HOT!!! She's lucky! Shiett.... must be nice!
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

CUE2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang, sorry to hear bout the ticket dude... at least be happy that you didn't get a speeding ticket. You can easily fight the ticket that you got, just show the judge that you've already signed it and obviously, it will never happen again!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

BlueTroll is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe.... usually for the first offense..... if u speak nice to the judge....... they'll take off the points....... hehe