Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

My new exhaust setup

Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
My new exhaust setup

Its going on D17A1:

KAmikaze headers
RandomTech downpipe/cat
Apexi WorldSport II catback

I've been looking for these parts for about a year and I finally got the last piece of the puzzle (random tech cat), we're gonna be installing it soon and I think there will be some real good gains! I'll probably get a dyno after I finish. Let me know what you think

sorry for shitty pics

Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
I think thats an ugly rug...but other than that, nice! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PitchBlack
I think thats an ugly rug...but other than that, nice! Let us know how it turns out.
thats exactly why I put used exhaust pieces on it
Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

BigE19 has a spectacular aura aboutBigE19 has a spectacular aura about
i was going to say your mother is going to kill you when she see the headers on her white blinds!! Looks good man...let us know if theres a check engine light because of the O2 sensor. Are you going to extend the wires for the O2 to reach back to the Cat? or just get an O2 simulator?
Old 01-28-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Looks like it'll be a nice set up but you wont see as much gains unless you get your car tuned.
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BigE19
i was going to say your mother is going to kill you when she see the headers on her white blinds!! Looks good man...let us know if theres a check engine light because of the O2 sensor. Are you going to extend the wires for the O2 to reach back to the Cat? or just get an O2 simulator?
there will be a check engine light unless I extend the wires to the cat/downpipe holes, there still will be no guarantee there wont be a CEL because its an after market cat, for now I'm just going to use the stock o2 sensores and plug them into the holes on the manifold and just somehow plug the holes on the downpipe/cat, there will be cel for the time being untill I get hold of rsx sensors.

Originally Posted by Nameless
Looks like it'll be a nice set up but you wont see as much gains unless you get your car tuned.
I know someone that does that but it costs big money! I'll probably go for it tho.
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

they got me kinda worried on the other forum, they'r saying its not gonna work together becsause I have lx headers and ex catback, anyone done this before or I'm the only idiot?! I thought they would fit no matter what as long as I have the ex downpipe...
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
You'll need to extend your o2sensor.
Old 02-13-2007
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Retracted previous statement.. not as tired now.

You are trying to mate an LX header (Kamikaze) with an EX downpipe and catback exhaust. It will not be a plug and play journey for sure. The LX header reaches lower and therefore the rest will not align properly. For it to work, it could be done by hacking/reforming your downpipe.. I'd lean and say get a proper EX header rather than going that route (don't forget about a swaybar as well - as I'm sure you'll run into that fitment issue as well).
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

yeah thanks, I picked up DC headers (for ex) couple of days ago, figured it would be smarter to use ex headers and not have to cut and modify the downpipe. So I got Kamikaze headers for sale, let me know if anyone is interested.
btw, is this going to interfere with a sway bar? I got a progress sway bar which I'm planing to install sometime soon.
Old 02-14-2007

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Maybe with your car year you have the correct front sway bar ( as I believe one person that I know converted was fine), but the majority that I know that switched needed to convert their front bar. Cheap thing to find (scrapyard), more of a pain to install than anything.
Old 02-14-2007
Registered!!

you mean convert to si sway bar right?
Old 02-16-2007

American EX = Canadian Si .. yeah. Used to speaking in American terms on this board