Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Passenger side door dent. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jack123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger side door dent. Help!

I have a dent on the passenger side back door. I have a 01 1.7 EL. The el has a bar in the middle of the door and the dent is behind that (i.e the bar is separated a bit from the metal where the dent is. Also the dent is not very deep. Anyways I took the car to Dent Doctor and the guy said that they could not fix it, I will need to go to a body shop. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the GTA? I don't want to spend a fortune fixing this, so I am hoping for a place that does good work at a decent rate. Any suggestions? I live in richmond hill, so the closer the better Thanks!
Old 12-04-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Go to the "AS SEEN ON TV" store or website www.asseenontv.com and get the dent removal thing.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.rydingautobody.com/
I know the owner his name is rocky nice guy!
Old 12-04-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jack123
I have a dent on the passenger side back door. I have a 01 1.7 EL. The el has a bar in the middle of the door and the dent is behind that (i.e the bar is separated a bit from the metal where the dent is. Also the dent is not very deep. Anyways I took the car to Dent Doctor and the guy said that they could not fix it, I will need to go to a body shop. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the GTA? I don't want to spend a fortune fixing this, so I am hoping for a place that does good work at a decent rate. Any suggestions? I live in richmond hill, so the closer the better Thanks!
By the "bar" do you mean the side molding? If so why not remove the molding first then take it to your dent place? If I recall correctly the molding is held in by clips along the side, you can get to the clips by removing the inside door skin (all clips and like 3 screws).
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

Thats right telly. Its the side molding. It is pictured in your banner as well (that bar/line in th middle of the doors). So part of that molding is not touching the door metal underneath where the dent is. Very slightly. The guy took a look at the door and said he couldn't fix it. I'm assuming he would know enough to take the molding off. The dent is not deep but i guess its hard to fix with PDR.
Old 12-05-2006
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
^^ The guy probably just didn't want to deal with pulling off the inner door skin like I said. Again it's easy enough to get the door skin off and then get at the clips, I bet if you took it back to the guy with the molding off he'd be able to do something with it.
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

Thanks telly.... I'll give it a try. I'll take off the molding and inner door skin and take it back and see if he can do anything.
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

Torontoguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Passenger side door dent. Help!

In the worse case maybe they can just fill the dent and paint it.
But if anybody needs a good automotive directory where you can find just about any kinds of body shops, repair shops, or anything else car related for that matter you should check out www.gtaautofixdirectory.com
I was stuck with my car in etobicoke and accidentaly stumbled on their site and ended up fixing my car at superior automotive. Those guys are great.