Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

BYE BYE Davis and JYD...Raptors Trade

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluelle is an unknown quantity at this point
well good news!!!....the raptors just won thier first game with the new players!!!
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

flip114 is an unknown quantity at this point
So the Raptors WON, not too surprised. Jalen Rose, didn't play as well as i expected, but Marshall!! he was Super Duper! i hope that was no fluke and he's going to play like that all the time.

IMO Chris Bosh is AMAZING, he's been playing consistently well EVERYGAME, another double double for him again, I hope he develops into an ALL-STAR here in T.O. but by then Grunwald will prolly do something STUPID and not pay him enough or trade him so other teams can harness his Skills. Like Macgrady, Tracy Murray, JYD, Corlis Williamson, its happened to many times. WAY TO MANY!
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i never said bosh sucks... or not good.

but he hasnt proven himself against western conference teams.

for toronto, being in the eastern conference team... just be happy if we make it to the eastern conference final. and be really grateful if we make it to the finals. haha.

western conference teams has many years to dominate..... unless something drastically changes.

for ppl like macGrady..he wanted to leave... and i dont blame him. that's just how it is nowadays... superstars need their own starlight .... is that the right word?... starlight? haha

murray... he was never consistence here... but i actually liked him.

as for JYD and Williamson... who ended up getting the best 6th man award the following year he got traded...
...but that's only 'cause those two players dont/didnt fit in the coaches game plan... that's the only reason they are gone.

cant really blame glenward for that..
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

vvii is an unknown quantity at this point
i was suprise when marshell was in that trade, since i know he is a great shooter, and he had just proven that. There's still a lot of stuffs to adjust so that both of them could suit into the team, and it was a GREAT game tonite,.... impressive~~~~
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

oh ya... just gatta wait till Bosh bulks up. haha.. two or three more years.
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

FaiJai is an unknown quantity at this point
Bosh= the Next Garnett !!
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

BlueTroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by FaiJai
Bosh= the Next Garnett !!
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

bosh all the way ~~
Old 12-03-2003
My Spidersense's Tingling

SPIDEY is an unknown quantity at this point
not a bad game....but they need somebody to rebound man..haha

yeah Marshall was so good...I love him..I think glenwald wanted to get ONLY Marshall initially..and Bulls wnated Davis....because bulls can't afford to have both Davis and Rose's fat contract, we were forced to have Rose.....and yeah..Rose didn;t play bad...but he didn't score that much......but I like how he can be a point guard...free up alvin since Rose is another threat on the floor...

and Bosh is really good of course.....

I don;'t thinky ou can blame Grunwald for Mcgrady, camby...etc. leaving....they left becuase thye just didn't like Toronto...it has nothing to do with money....Grunwald can only pay them so much, if they don't take it..it's not his fault......
Old 12-03-2003

But Grunwald did made some bad decisions..haha

Yogi stewart..
"the dream"...

those were his worst decisions..............some ppl say over paying Davis, JYD and Alvin was another bad decision of his...but I kind of disagree.............if I were in his shoe..I would have pay them whatever I can to make them stay...coz they were all free agents at that time....and other ppl wnat them.....think about what would happen if all three of them left at that time....Toronto would have to start rebuilding all over again..
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

Mcgrady left Toronto, because he doesn't want to live under the shadow of Vince, since everyone like Vince a lot more than Mcgrady, and Mcgrady should have his own team ...

I think Rose will be one of the weapon for Tor, with his experiences, and I HOPE Tor will have another trade b4 the all star game, so that they can get some BIG MAN for rebounds ....
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

Did u guys read in the Sunday Sun that MacGrady was kinda saying that he wanted back in Toronto Raptors (So my friends says, i haven't read it yet, i think it was yesterdays newspaper) Something about how he feels more comfortable playing with Vince now. MAYBE CAUSE ORLANDO IS 1-16, THAT MUST SUCK ALOT!! lol . He does have an option of opting out after this season.

Imagine....Dream....that Raptors get Tracy Macgrady and all his superstar skills, to come back, We keep Jalen Rose, with Vince Carter and Marshall. AND! I hear Steve Nash wants to play for us too in the future. Imagine that DREAM TEAM!,

Carter + Rose + MacGrady + Nash + Bosh = Championship!!....well it will prolly never happen, but you never Know!
Old 12-03-2003

haha even if they wnat to come..I don';t think we would have enouhg money to pay them all...Rose is getting 14+ millions a year up until 2006 or 2007...he is even getting paid higher than carter...haha

I think the reporters are just making it up though....but I don't care..I don't like McGrady...he is good but I hate his personality.....
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

if for some miracle that mcGrady wants to come back to TO. expect rose to be gone.

and especially if Nash DOES become a free agent, and him putting on a toronto jersey....................

IM DREAMING WITH YOU! haha
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

we still have to dream for a player to cover shaq or duncan.

let's not make the playoffs this year... and get lucky on the draw
and draft that 6"11 chinese player from china... who's 17 or 18 i believe...? and still growing!!

*which i highly doubt* we'll prolly make the playoffs from now on. and no good chances in drafting any good quality big man. unless we get lucky and sign them as a free agent...

ten yeras down the line, 10% will be chinese players in hte NBA! hahaha... im dreaming about that as well.

wtf have china ppl been feeding their kids? ... what the f u c k happened to our generation? hahahaha.
and 5'9 1/4 and i wish i could of at least reached 5'10 O_o
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

Well Raptors murdered the Celtics, at least at the last two minutes of the game.

Something must be in the air, cause it was RAINING THREE's in the ACC tonight, since when were the raptors a 71% 3pt team?

Raptors better be careful, cause we can't possible hold up this pretty good Shooting average everygame. We need to get more points in the paint. Otherwards were just screwed in the long run.
Old 12-04-2003
Registered!!

Yeah man tonite's came was MAD yo !..seriously rainnin 3's ! But right now since we have shooters man, we can surely win if we're down by 2 or 3 . With Marshall and Bosh capable of shooting 3' man.. the raps can just have some silly guy running downlow acting all crazy aahhah..that's my opinion. But tonite was SICK really SICK....can't wait for fridays game against the hawks
Old 12-04-2003

Originally posted by AznSaint
we still have to dream for a player to cover shaq or duncan.

let's not make the playoffs this year... and get lucky on the draw
and draft that 6"11 chinese player from china... who's 17 or 18 i believe...? and still growing!!

*which i highly doubt* we'll prolly make the playoffs from now on. and no good chances in drafting any good quality big man. unless we get lucky and sign them as a free agent...

ten yeras down the line, 10% will be chinese players in hte NBA! hahaha... im dreaming about that as well.

wtf have china ppl been feeding their kids? ... what the f u c k happened to our generation? hahahaha.
and 5'9 1/4 and i wish i could of at least reached 5'10 O_o
LOL

hah yeah man.....well don;t complain..I am only about 5'7....>_<.......speaking of bring short, earl boykins is so good man..damn..he is only 5'5..and only 133 pounds......he is lighter and shorter than most of us but yet he is one of the better players on the nba...damn...I remember reading on waymoresports.com, it said he can bench press 300 pounds...wow....that's nuts.. at least I am pretty sure that's what it said..
Old 12-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by AznSaint
if for some miracle that mcGrady wants to come back to TO. expect rose to be gone.

and especially if Nash DOES become a free agent, and him putting on a toronto jersey....................

IM DREAMING WITH YOU! haha

lol....yeah dare to dream....cuz theres no way in hell Paul Cuban is gonna give up Steve Nash.....
Old 12-06-2003

Originally posted by Bluelle
lol....yeah dare to dream....cuz theres no way in hell Paul Cuban is gonna give up Steve Nash.....
ISn't his name Mark Cuban?.....
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by SPIDEY
ISn't his name Mark Cuban?.....

my bad...
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

i know im dreaming... but can you say... Eastern Conference finals?

.. and to dream even more... NBA finals??

and to need a genie to make it come true... NBA 2003/2004 champions? haha
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

Raps beat the sonics, were 4-0 since the trade, PRETTY DAM GOOD!
How long u think the RAps can keep this up?
Old 12-07-2003
Registered!!

they will lose once they meet a team with a strong inside game and great rebound, such as Indian
Old 12-18-2003
Registered!!

basically back where we started since the trade... 4in a row

jalen rose getting technical... could be oen of the reason why the raptors couldnt get any closer then 2points in the final few mins...
Old 12-18-2003

Rose sucks man..I hate him...
when he was doing good 4 games beofre...I knew it was too good to be true...I always thought Rose sucked...

Marshall is so good though......It was a good trade.......we do look better now.....just not good enough..
Old 12-19-2003
Registered!!

Seriously, i would have to agree that Rose still sucks after getting traded from Indiana to Chi-city to T.o. He was only good when they got to the finals or semi finals ?? whateverz i have no idea why Kevin doesn't use Murray man..? that's wacked guy, Murray's more productive den rose i think. just my thought. BUt yeah Marshall is SICK ..stinkin trays everywhere. BUt again lowpost and rebounding is killing us badly !
Old 12-19-2003
Registered!!

Yea lowpost is killing us badly, as well as offensive rebounding. Its kewl that Marshall is sinking them threes would of been better if he had sunk that three during the final moments of the Raps. vs Spurs game. HE WAS SOOOO OPEN!!

-but Marshalls a big guy. He should be down in the paint bumping and pushing for position. Stop chillin out on the perimeter!! As if he's scared to kick it with the big fellas in the paint. Also Tell Mo P to take it to the hole hard. He always dishes out when he could of made the shot or at least got a foul if he tried to make the shot.

- Tell Vince to start acting like our "franchise" player, i'm tired of seeing him with his stupid ankle injury, always hurting and in pain. So he says.
Old 12-19-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by flip114

- Tell Vince to start acting like our "franchise" player, i'm tired of seeing him with his stupid ankle injury, always hurting and in pain. So he says.
you said it... since like two years ago.. when his injuries started... hated his w u s s y type attitude....

... didnt kevin oneil name Rose teh point guard...? wtf is that........... i'd definitely stick with alvin williams. even though he's not among the elites.. like jason kidd or steve nash... but i would name williams point guard over Rose anyday!
Old 12-19-2003

yeah but I playing ROse at Point is not a bad idea...he is tall and he would create a lot of match up problems. I don't mind rose being point guard as long as Alvin Williams is on the floor at the same time, coz they can rotate the role while they are on the floor, and Alvin can hit his jump shots, so that's not bad....

I think we are better....but we are still not here yet. It's not like our big man are not playing good ball...Bosh, Marshall, Baxter are great, but we are just over matched down there.....and as a team we need to play better defense....I think that's the only thing..

oh yeah..and I agree with the thing you said about Vince...I was always so loyal to vince, I never thought he was a p us sy even after his second injury...but now I am getting tired of it man....