Canada East Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

Ignorant Cop

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003
Need....More....Mods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ignorant Cop

Right to the point...i gotta ticket today, well 2 actually for not signalling and "speeding". Both are total bs and i'll tell you why. First of the scenario...

driving down a 2 lane highway(highbury @ commissioners), its busy and i'm trying to get over to the right lane but no one's letting me in. I pass a blue tauras and get about 5 car lenghts in front of him and then move over into the right lane. At this point theres still about 5 between me and the tauras and theres a red car about 5 more in front of me. The tauras guns up to me and then stops bout a half-car back. I almost immediately go into the off ramp to go onto commissioners and the tauras follows me, and the cherries go on.

His side of the story:
I speed by him @ 125km and he got me on the radar, and i cut him off sharply, not signalling when i moved over. He says there was only bout 2 car lengths between him and the car i slipped between.

if he said i came "flying" by him and then "whipped" into the other lane, cutting him off "very close", than how did he have enough time to get the gun on me. i mean, since he says it was such a small space i squeezed into, and that i did it quickly, that means he must of had all of a a second to get the radar gun on me before i had to start breaking for the car that was supposedly right in front of me???? hmmm...he must be fast with the gun.

so what was it......was there a bigger gap than he said or was he bullshitting bout taggin me with the radar??? i'll bet any money he didnt gun me at all....i'd bet my car.

Another thing is the signalling rap. The HTA clearly states that you DO NOT have to signal unless your moving over will effect the movement of other vehicles. basically....as long as your not causing them any worries...you can move over without signalling. Now i say that there was about 5 lenths between me and him.....and this is on a highway so its not even like there could be sudden stops. By me moving over i didnt effect him at all..thus signals not necessary.

The only thing that gets me is that this guy is just gunna drop his claim of getting me on a radar when i fight it in court and stick me with the signalling rap. He may even get the judge to listen to him about judging my speed from his "expierence". So chances are i'm gunna be paying 2 tickets...its word against word!!! and that sucks.

when he pulled me over he tried to get me for anything and everything else...he asked if i had my contacts in and made me take one out...he checked for a front plate(i had 1 ticket for that before), he asked about the tint(it is illegal but hes' a dumb **** and i bluffed him), he checked the blinkers (also illegal, but it was bright out so you couldnt really tell the colour. He looked for a cat. THE WHOLE NINE YARDS.

anyways i'm done this...just venting.....
now that i think about it, he was probably picking on me for driving a modified civic. not to mention the fact that i still have my writing on the windows from my day at the track. But after all was said and done and i drove away with my two new tickets...i was sure to give him a long and very warm finger...allllll the way from the offramp to pondmills...out of my window. it was the mother of all bird flippings.......

Last edited by 02civic; 07-30-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

APRboy is on a distinguished road
That sucks 02civic!!! He actually made you take one of your contacts out?? And he checked for a cat?! Holy SHIZA!!
Old 07-30-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn thats harsh, but yah you gotta play it smooth bro. back when i first got my car i got caught speeding 91 in a 50 zone and to top it off i didnt have any insurance (the papers were just coming in) and i just played innocent making small talk and he dropped it to 20 over and a 70 dollar fine for no insurance.

from the way the cop explained it, i dont think it'll be easy fighting that ticket. any witnesses? hrmmm well i hope for the best, maybe you'll get off easy and the cop wont show heh you can always hope.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Damn, that sucks, your word against his. Consider yourself short whatever those 2 tickets amounted to.
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

Chigga is an unknown quantity at this point
you better watch out, the next 3 weeks they are going TICKET CRAZY!
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

g_50b is an unknown quantity at this point
The HTA clearly states that you DO NOT have to signal unless your moving over will effect the movement of other vehicles.
are you sure about that? i've never heard of that before.
Old 07-30-2003
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
good luck bro, keep us posted
Old 07-30-2003
Registered!!

andoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Chigga
you better watch out, the next 3 weeks they are going TICKET CRAZY!
why is that??? is it becuase the end of the month is coming???
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

g_50b is an unknown quantity at this point
i think because its summer..and the cops know kids are out speeding, raceing and shiet like that....
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Macfay is an unknown quantity at this point
better clean the windows asap!
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

EBP2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was listening to radio (AM640) the other day, they were talking about street racing...and did dude claiming to be an officer called in, and told the host he and fellow officers now dont bother as much to track down street races around GTA, they just stops cars at random, ANY TIME of the day, and ANY PLACE (nowhere near where races take place), and ticket the cars to the hiiiiiiiiiiizzzzay, and calls their insurance companies and tell them about illegal modifications....basically forcing most of them to sell the cars due to 1/getting insurance dropped or increased significantly, and 2/tickets worth in thousands.

this is BS, the oughtta go after bank robbers and thieves, and those who have been seen participating in street races.

I guess it's easier for them to pull over a car than to run after bad guys with their oversized guts. LOL
Old 07-31-2003
Need....More....Mods

Originally posted by g_50b
are you sure about that? i've never heard of that before.

ya i'm sure. I'm actually going to be cop. When i got pulled over i was on the way back from a laser vision appointment...sort of a pre-op thing. Soon as that's done I'm applying around and i know tons of cops elsewhere so i'm sure i'll have no problem getting in eventually.

The section dealing with signalling is S.142 in the HTA stating...

"....shall first see that the movement can be made in safety, and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected by the movement shall give a signal plainly visible to the driver or operator of the other vehicle of the intention to make the movement"

but ya he was a real winner checking me for contacts and my cat and all.....and he did all this before i started giving him attitude. I know i'll end up paying both the tickets seeing as its word against word but he wasted a half hour of my time by pulling me over, i'm gunna waste his time by fighting it in court. I'm gunna tell the judge that i need to have my hearing on a Friday late in the afternoon....for work reasons. This will make the cop showing alot less likely. And i'm gunna ask for the radar print out and the training records of the officer just to **** him off.
AND I AM FOR SURE GETTING RID OF THOSE TRACK NUMBERS ON MY WINDOWS. at least until friday when i'll get more @ sparta.....
Old 07-31-2003
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
you're coming down to Sparta then 02civic??
Old 07-31-2003
Registered!!

Macfay is an unknown quantity at this point
hope you can get rid of those tickets, it may affect your insurance...

yeah...cya in the track on friday nite.
Old 07-31-2003
Need....More....Mods

ya i'm in for sure friday.

The tickets...well i think i can get out of the speeding one cuase it total
the signalling one agian is his discretion...if i can get the judge to believe that i did so without effecting his movement....which i did cuase he had to race up behind me anyways so there was obviously enough room for him to slow down while i make the change (not that he would of had to anyways) I just see what i can talk my way out of.....the sinalling one is $110, the speeding is $118. thats $228 i could put towards the car, so heres hoping it goes well. At very least i just stall me having to pay. friggen cop
Old 08-01-2003
I Am The Chosen One

profurious is an unknown quantity at this point
any time a cop tells you he got you on his radar always ask to see the reading on the radar, and check the time the reading was taken, they cannot deny you that right.
Old 08-01-2003
Registered!!

AzimuthX is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes they can.

Trying to back my answer... can't find the sources I've read. You have no rights in Canada to see the radar.

Last edited by AzimuthX; 08-01-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2003
Registered!!

Popkorn should not be trusted
Originally posted by EBP2K2
I was listening to radio (AM640) the other day, they were talking about street racing...and did dude claiming to be an officer called in, and told the host he and fellow officers now dont bother as much to track down street races around GTA, they just stops cars at random, ANY TIME of the day, and ANY PLACE (nowhere near where races take place), and ticket the cars to the hiiiiiiiiiiizzzzay, and calls their insurance companies and tell them about illegal modifications....basically forcing most of them to sell the cars due to 1/getting insurance dropped or increased significantly, and 2/tickets worth in thousands.
That's a sad but true story. It's been going on for the past couple of years. Profiling individual cars, ticketing them like mad and getting their insurance companies to drop them. That's pretty much why you don't see the a lot of the older cars that were around a few years ago.