General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

MY CAR WAS IN A HIT & RUN - What Can I Do To Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
MY CAR WAS IN A HIT & RUN - What Can I Do To Fix?

Well I was heading out from eating and I notice this dent on my car... and my rear bumper is hit too... some bastard hit it pretty hard.. my bumper was actually sticking out. Here it is...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

This Area..

Close-Up

Close-Up

I seriously think I know who did it in my apartment complex parking lot... but it would be wrong for me to accuse someone wrong... and it's going to go no where.. so I'm just going to fix it.. and get an alarm to prevent *******s from doing this again... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

Will one of those Dent-Master type of deal work on this?

How much would it cost to fix this =( [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

FutuRisticCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
they probably did that on purpose. it sucks to have somebody f*****g up ur car but we cant stop everybody from hating. probably because u had that tailight conversion.
i think the best way to do is file a claim on the insurance (if you have full coverage) then they will assess the damage and give u an estimate. they will give u a check (total estimate- deductible = check)u have to tell them it was a hit and run when u call and u have to act really believable. since it was a hit and run anyway, ask them questions like "so is my insurance going up since it wasnt my fault at all?" most likely nothing will happen. if u hit somebody and it was ur fault, then somebody will contact them, in ur case nobody was claiming and ur just reporting a hit and run. u understand wat da hell im saying?

hope everything goes well.
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
The side looks like it could have been hit by a bumper while that person was backing out a space next to your car. But since it got hit in the trunk as well, then it's most definitely on purpose. I hate how other people do this. Sometimes when I come back to the employee lot (after working my hours) I notice finger prints all over my car (mainly visible on the windows). [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I know it's the stupid people who have to go in for court and pay for violations/tickets. They come in by the hundreds (well... more like 30 at a time) and use up the visitor spaces. So they proceed to park in the employee lot! I see camaros, riced out imports, all the like parked next to my car. Luckily I park my good side (the driver's side (still dentless) next to a little island, instead of having two spaces open next to me.

Those dentmaster products usully work best on thin metal that's been pushed in (not very well dented with a crease in the middle). if your hood or the top of your car were to be pushed in (because someone stood on it) then it would work like a charm. Yours does not look like you can just "pop" it back out, but it's worth a shot. You're probably going to need that polished/painted as well.
Old 03-09-2003
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
i dont think an alarm would stop them from doing it again..

that will just make you run to a window or door to shut it off..

i dunno, but that sucks man, sorry!
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
yeah that does suck man. id confront the f****r and tell them. stuff like that is just wrong. i was in the car with my dad a few years ago and some a*****e hit us and then ran, my dad ran her down lol.
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
call up insurance, tell them you were in a hit and run, they may make you file a report then they will sned someone to estimate the damage then they will allow you to find a body shop and they will ask the body shop the estimate then will pay for whatever the damage is minus your deductible. If you have full coverage. Your insurance will go up if you file a claim, its how they work
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Lianjie is an unknown quantity at this point
that really sucks.. id go with what futuristic said, better to not cause a commotion either.
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
file a police report and contact your insurance

injen
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
hey i would advise not contacting insurance but just gettting a police report done for the hell of it. it doesnt look that bad from the pictures and since its just the door its only going to cost like 700 at the most to fix it... i have a 500 dollor deductible so that would leave the insurance to pay 200 bucks... but overtime they are going to rape you with your insurance rates, trust me i found out the hard way with a similar hit and run with 700 dollars worth of damage. not only did i pay my 500 deductible but also when i renued my insurance policy my rate went up 40 bucks a month... just get it fixed yourself.. sorry for the pain man i know what its like...
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

CloverG01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to have the whole side of my car fixed and repainted when my sister slid hers down it. it only cost 550 for the whole job. i would talk to your agent. sometimes your insurance will wave the dedutible on small hit and runs but if they dont it might not be worth turning it in if your insurance will go up.
Old 03-09-2003
Registered!!

kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys, I will call my insurance company to see what're my options. This really sucks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]