General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Honda Dealer 30k Maintainance

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
Honda Dealer 30k Maintainance

Well, I took it to the Honda dealer for its 30k maintainance. And guess what?!?! I paid $600 for it ($608 to be exact)!!! They told me that they have to flush the tranny, brake fluids, and then they do their maintainance routine. I dropped it off there at 9 am and told me it'll be ready at 5 pm. So I get back home my parents were b*itchin' and b*tiched at the dealer and guess what? They told us to pick up my car at 12. So we picked it up and the salesman said just pay $600 flat. For sure I ain't going to the dealer again... I'm bring it to my brother's mechanic from now on.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

My dealer is such a b*tch... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] Sorry, had to vent... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
It's aite...dealers always charge soooooooooo much. Why is that...? Just to get quality work? You can get that somewhere else if you look hard enough...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

That's very true... By the way, I like your name.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
ya dealers are so gay. Much better to take it to a mechanic you know.
Old 02-17-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
isn't the 30k maintenance basically a transmission flush, oil change, break fluid change, and a belt change with a couple checks here and there? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

otep12 is an unknown quantity at this point
The dealer near my place is charging "approx $440 + tax" on the 30K miles maintenance check. I asked why approximately and he said because there are some stuff that doesn't have to be done and some that need to be done extra. He gave me a to-do-list and it's pretty much a lot. Just don't know if they will actually do everything that's written on the list. I would have posted what's on the list but I left it at work.

So I guess $600 is somewhere in the same neighborhood.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
When I go in for any service I tell them what to touch and what not to touch. There is no point in doing some things like rotating the tires, if they are aftermarket because the setup is different, and I wouldnt trust them to do it cause they would scratch them all to hell. I end up just telling them to change the oil, look everything thats still stock over, as well check my levels and grease everything up. The rest I will do, I would do all that myself too, but I dont have a place to really do all that, so I let them do it.
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
oh yea no dealers for me i do everything myself or have one of my shops do it
Old 02-17-2003
Registered!!

KomplexicPnoi is an unknown quantity at this point
all my checkups are free... up untill 75k or so I think.. so Im straight. ;D
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Service intervals are almost pure profit for dealers. They do a few things like changing the oil, tran fluid, etc.., but they mainly check stuff like whether your door opens and shuts. LOL 80% of the bill is for them to check the car over and make sure no problems are arising. THis may be important on other makes but not so much on hondas. Contrary to what some would have you believe, honda EARNED its reputation.

Do the tranny flushes, oil changes, timing belt, etc., but never pay for one of their services. It's simply not necessary unless it makes you feel better.
Old 02-18-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Voiceofid
isn't the 30k maintenance basically a transmission flush, oil change, break fluid change, and a belt change with a couple checks here and there? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
Transmission flush and belt change at 30K??

Damn, you guys have a lot of money to burn. This generation Civic is supposed to have slightly longer service intervals... why not take advantage of that? Follow the severe schedule in your manual (shorten it slightly if it would make you feel better) and you should be fine.

$600 ... damn... when you think about that in terms of a percentage of what you paid for the car, it's pretty darn high. I would expect service costs like that for a luxury car, but not an econobox Civic.

Old 02-18-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Ronin
[hr]Originally posted by: Voiceofid
isn't the 30k maintenance basically a transmission flush, oil change, break fluid change, and a belt change with a couple checks here and there? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
Transmission flush and belt change at 30K??

Damn, you guys have a lot of money to burn. This generation Civic is supposed to have slightly longer service intervals... why not take advantage of that? Follow the severe schedule in your manual (shorten it slightly if it would make you feel better) and you should be fine.

$600 ... damn... when you think about that in terms of a percentage of what you paid for the car, it's pretty darn high. I would expect service costs like that for a luxury car, but not an econobox Civic.[hr]
i drive it hard (don'
t we all?) and i've been hearing a lot of weird sounds lately.. maybe i should bring it to the dealer to have it take a look at..