General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Why did you get your EX,LX,HX or DX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaMjah is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the lx, didnt really need the extra ex features
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

BaNgCiViC2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ex because of the 127 horsepower compared to 117 or something
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: BaNgCiViC2k1
Ex because of the 127 horsepower compared to 117 or something[hr]
Same ^, but i also had a $2000.00 off coupon.....I dont care about fuel economy - to an extent
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

VtecDude is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]i got the ex because I love to hear the vtec as the engine rips through the revs propelling the car to illegal speeds.

oh and I love the sunroof. [hr]
Old 02-02-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: Wanger
2001 EX - price, fuel efficency and automatic because Seattle = #2 worst traffic city in USA and i want "real" vtec not the E crap.[hr]
The "real" vtec isnt even on the EX's.. From what ive been told and what ive read, the "real" vtec is only on the high performace DOHC engines ie.. NSX and Type R's. I dont mean to flame, hell im prolly wrong, but just going by what ive been told.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]The "real" vtec isnt even on the EX's.. From what ive been told and what ive read, the "real" vtec is only on the high performace DOHC engines ie.. NSX and Type R's. I dont mean to flame, hell im prolly wrong, but just going by what ive been told. [hr]
Do you by chance own an LX? [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
There is "real" VTEC on the EX. it's just not as apparent since there's only one cam.
Old 02-03-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: VtecDude

Do you by chance own an LX? [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][hr]
Yes I do... who cares if u have vtec in ur EX, my LX is just as fast.... [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
And thanks for the info S2000, gotta get my **** straight

And thanks to the domestic boys "Vtec = Turbo Lag - Turbo Power"
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a 2001 HX CVT because of the alloy wheels, the price, the fuel efficiency, and the uniqueness of having a CVT.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

DathAnEteRnaLbBLuE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Smokie2k2LX
[hr]Originally posted by: 7thGenerasianCivic
2001 EX, because it has many features and I like to ride in comfort. Not to mention top of the line(DX,LX,HX,EX) [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
it's DX, HX, LX, EX. You made my LX feel sad being third in line[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
hate to burst your dubble bubble but......... LX is actually fourth
DX SOHC 109 HP no power options but the best suspension out of all the civics lightweight as well(no extra amenities)
LX SOHC 115 HP power everything no sunroof, or Vtec, more restriction, less expensive(most sold civic) very popular
HX SOHC Vtec-E 117 HP light weight most EX features including sunroof
EX SOHC Vtec 127/130 HP power everything---sunroof/moonroof, windows locks etc...
SI DOHC Vtec 160 HP all EX features---different motor

not a bad thing to have an LX, thats probably my teams preferred car when we do car shows mostly JDM class we are doing one now A JDM civic FERIO wich is a 96-00 4-dr LX with a B-series motor and some JDM goodies
all the civics are bad *** my buddy has a 87 DX and that baby runs like its still new!!!
Dathan
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

SilverCivSedan is an unknown quantity at this point
When I bought my 2k1 LX sedan, there were 5 new 'vics on the lot. Two coupes, red and black, both EX fully loaded, a titanium DX manual tranny no AC or cruise. I said hell no to that one, and scratched the two coupes cause of insurance and price tags, which were close to $19000. That left two LX sedans, a silver and a green. My mom has a green 2k accord, so that was out the picture. the silver one was charming, and the price was right with all the right options, so I bought it[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
Premium Member

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Well I needed to buy a new car, so I asked my father to come with me to the lots so that if I like a car I could use his credit to get a good interest rate. We got to the first dealer (Chrysler) and were looking at the different used cars. My father saw the 2001 Vic EX and said "I'll help you out on this one." I said, "How about if we go and look at other cars first." (I wanted to get an Integra from across the street.) He said again "I'll help you out on this one.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]" So now I drive a Civic.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

[hr]Yes I do... who cares if u have vtec in ur EX, my LX is just as fast....[hr]
I am just messing wit ya! No offense intended! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

Swiftler is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the 2002 LX because, at the time, I wasn't able to afford the monthly payments of the EX. I wish now that I would have gotten the EX because a lot of the parts that I wanted to get are only made for the EX. I can't complain too much because I did get a great deal on the LX. 4.9% APR and $14,200 out the door (plus tax, license, and registration of course).

Old 02-03-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
I got the EX because of the extra features like paited mirrors, sunroof, and ABS [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
FYI for you all...differences between the EX and HX.

EX = 127HP VTEC, sunroof, power windows, dash pocket with closing lid, rear cup-holder, tweeters, 15" steel wheels (01-02)
HX = 117HP VTEC-E, no sunroof, no power windows, dash pocket without closing lid, no rear cup-holder, no tweeters, 14" lightweight alloy wheels

Aside from that, they are nearly identical...

The locations of the catalytic converter & oxygen sensors are different too. Also, the 5-speed HX is geared differently than the EX. Automatic HX's are CVT and EX's are regular 4-speed auto transaxles.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

Baghead is an unknown quantity at this point
ex. its the fastest of the slowvics
Old 02-03-2003
T.V. is bad for you. Go outside.

Engineman is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchaced mine for three reasons. 1)So I would have a work car that never needs work (cept for regular oil changes). 2) LX sedan is cheap on insurance. 3) To keep the miles off my Z and Prelude.
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheap Car, Cheap on Gas, CHeap on Insurance, Supposedly reliable..but my cars proven otherwise, and my g/f liked the color...
Old 02-03-2003
Registered!!

hondah1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was at the honda dealership one night looking for a 99-2000 civic coupe, noticed there was a bunch of 7th gen civics there, compared prices and the new Civic LX was only $200 dollars more than the 2000 EX I was looking at (which had 41 thousand miles on it!). That made my decision for me! Glad I went with the 7th gen.
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

VellVic is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to the dealer and I actually was looking for a Honda Accord 98. While I was waiting for the salesman, I was looking around and I seen this black 2002 EX with extra stuff that honda added to it; spoiler, disc changer, sunroof visor, tint (35% all around), suspension, exhuast, alloys, fog lights and full body kit. Fell in love with it...almost got it but they wanted $23,000. So a week later I found an ad in the paper for an manual EX for $14,500. So i decided to get it since I like top of the line anyway and make mine look better than the one I seen on the sales floor. I really wanted black or blue but they only had a silver one left for that deal. I still love the color cause it's gonna look real good when I match it up with some silver rims.
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

HRocket2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the ex cause it has 127hp vs 117 i think the other ones have, power windows, sun roof, and cd player, and the a/c is a plus.
Old 02-05-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
02 EX: Reason for buying the EX one word: SUNROOF!
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the ex for the obvious reasons.
Old 02-05-2003
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
02 EX - Need the sunroof... Walked into the showroom, fell in love with a red one (loaded and with Si wheels). I had a red eclipse to trade so i wanted a different color, went up to the man said I want the same thing in black, what can you do for me? Brought it from a sticker of $20,600 to $16,500. Drove it home the day after. They had one Black EX Coupe 5 speed on the lot, all they had to do was add the extras.
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

MMILX is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought an LX for one reason only... I got a great deal on it. The pervious owner bought the 01 LX in early 2k2 for a decent price (under MSRP). But, after only a year of driving it around, KBB assumes the car is 2 years old. So, he's taken a lot of the depreciation on it. Its in great shape, and white/tan color combo requires low maintainence.

This car is basically my "beater" for the next few months while I finish school, and then I'll keep it as a daily driver after I pick up another sports car. I only looked at an 01 HX with fewer miles, but they wanted more money, and it didn't have A/C. A/C is a must have. Power windows didn't matter, but since I chose this LX, its got em... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

I figure getting 30+mpg in overall (mostly city) driving is decent enough, and being the automatic it a no-brainer when it comes to driving.
Old 02-05-2003
Registered!!

PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Funny, I got my HX pretty much fully loaded (minus spoiler & wheels) for less than an LX.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

MMILX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: PESTLNC
Funny, I got my HX pretty much fully loaded (minus spoiler & wheels) for less than an LX.[hr]
Its supposed to cost less, atleast from the research I "remember" when I was looking at new ones. But, I also live in the land of "additional dealer markup". I remember seeing an EX with a 1000 dollar markup... dealers here are real a-holes when it comes to price. That afore mentioned 01 HX CVT with 10k miles... it was listed for 14500, with a "web special" price of 12900, that later fell to 11900... Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have an HX CVT than an LX A4, but there just aren't that many around for sale.
I had hoped to get my mom's 97 EX Coupe A4, but she wasnt ready to sell, so I had to make a decision and find the best "bang for the buck" I could. Still under factory warranty was nice, and being a "2yr" old car thats only 12 months old was another plus... Also, its female driven, male enthusiast owned... thats the best of both worlds [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
i got my lx cause i don't need any of those other options from an EX... i did my research and realized that the LX is just as fast as the EX so whatevers.... cd player i can do without cause i'd swap it out with a new HU.... ABS is something you use if you know how to use it.. oh and you thought all you needed to do was stomp on the brake pedal?? anyways.. i needed powerwindows and a/c just cause i live in so cal and the weather here is really unpredictable at times...so yea... LX pride!