General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

custom Gauges from MMR

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003
Turbo Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
custom Gauges from MMR

I just got off the phone w/ Mantaray Motorsport Racing and If I send them the stock faces of my gauge cluster they will use them to make a pattern and start selling custom gauge faces for our cars. He told me to remove thet gauge face and photocopy it and then cut the copy out and put it in my gauge cluster so I can drive around while Im waiting to get my new ones. Unfortunetly the turn around is about a month. So heres my concern... How do I get the needles off, and what can I do to make shure there calibrated when I put them back in?
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
If I was you, I wouldn't mess with my needles at all. I do think it would be cool for MMR to make some custom guages for 7th gens though. I wonder why they don't just swipe a cluster form a junkyard [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] .
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: RiceBuRNeR
I just got off the phone w/ Mantaray Motorsport Racing and If I send them the stock faces of my gauge cluster they will use them to make a pattern and start selling custom gauge faces for our cars. He told me to remove thet gauge face and photocopy it and then cut the copy out and put it in my gauge cluster so I can drive around while Im waiting to get my new ones. Unfortunetly the turn around is about a month. So heres my concern... How do I get the needles off, and what can I do to make shure there calibrated when I put them back in?[hr]
you might be able to find a DIY install on some gauges and i remember someone talking about how to remove the needles in detail. I would do it, in fact i often thought about MMR as a chance to get something other than indiglo
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

greg2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the gauges out and scanned at a very high resoloution. I'll be able to make custom colours so you won't need indiglos. A few guys from the T.O area helped me out a while ago. Just got lazy. A week or so and I'll have it done.

Taking the needles off is not what everyone makes it out to be. Jsut be careful and take your time with it. You just pull with a gentle touch is all.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

Find out how much MMR will charge for this?
Old 02-06-2003
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Mine are going to be $95 but I get color options, and graphics for free.

BTW: I cant wait to see how your gauges turn out.
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
HAHAHA they actually told u to photocopy ur gauge face, send them the real one and u have to tape the photo back on ur gauge cluster??[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] hey u know what maybe u should do that and then photocopy ur engine, send me the real engine and then put the picture where the engine use to be and drive like that!!!!!!!!!!! or u can open ur wallet photocoly ur money send me the real money and oput the pictures of ur money back in ur wallet!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
seriously u must be kidding dont touch the needles !!!!!!
Old 02-06-2003
Registered!!

No but Seriously..Taking your needles off is not that big a deal I have done it atleast 20times to mine and others cars. Careful is the key. If your all thumbs don't do it. If they go on they come off