General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Why did you get your EX,LX,HX or DX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Why did you get your EX,LX,HX or DX?

I own a 03 HX coupe, I bought this car cause it was cheaper than the EX, but still has VTEC, and it comes with alloy wheels (even though they're 14's...), Is lighter than the LX, and EX (mine doesn't have AC), and cause it's the most fuel efficient of all of them (excluding the hybrid) I was wondering what the reasons some of you chose when buying the other trims.
-Mark
Old 02-02-2003
00 Hatchback Owner

Gryphin is an unknown quantity at this point
DX Hatch Owns JOO!!
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
Because my parents bought me an LX so I said K cool.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my 02 HX for two reasons. Price and fuel efficiency.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Exbauer is an unknown quantity at this point
ex because of moonroof and abs
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the DX because it was the cheapest. I don't care about A/C or power windows. Once in a while I miss power locks and a sun roof though. No big deal. I don't really care about VTEC. With or without it the car is still very fuel efficient and very slow. More money for mods. : )
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
There was a special on the LX. The car was black, 5 speed, power everything, and a coupe, so i figured, ahh what the hell and went for it.
Old 02-02-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
dx sedan ! cause thats all I could afford, and since its four doors keeps the insurance low [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually went looking for a 98 eclipse GST at the time but because of Fast and the Furious they were so hard to find. So I knew I could depend on a Honda so i checked the used car lot first but they didnt have much to choose from, so I test drove the only 5 speed LX they had on the lot of the 2001 civic and decided that was the car for me. Couldnt justify spending the extra $$ on a ex just for 12 more HP and a sunroof. Overall I am very happy with my decision.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

nutrawk669 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Renamazazo
I own a 03 HX coupe, I bought this car cause it was cheaper than the EX, but still has VTEC, and it comes with alloy wheels (even though they're 14's...), Is lighter than the LX, and EX (mine doesn't have AC), and cause it's the most fuel efficient of all of them (excluding the hybrid) I was wondering what the reasons some of you chose when buying the other trims.
-Mark[hr]
I got my LX because it was one of the few 02's left on the lot. After haggling with them, I managed to get it below invoice. I didn't get the EX cos I couldn't afford the extra $$ on the payment(hey, $20 is a lot when you're broke). [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] I figured, what the heck, I'll just save up for a swap later. Beats doing ungodly things to a LX engine.
Old 02-02-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
i got my 02 EX coupe 5 spd cuz the EX is the top of the line and when the turbo and all those high performance parts comes out their going to make it for the EX first and i wanted the sunroof and power windows and locks and i wanted my mirrors and handles to be painted as well.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Friedrice is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the EX sedan beause I wanted all the options, I was tired of rolling up windows, and I've always wanted a sunroof. Got the sedan because I wanted to be different,I don't like huge doors, and I don't have to slide front seats out of the way to get in the back.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

rackness is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought an ex because i got it cheaper than an lx(normal lx price an lx would have been really cheap but for the money i went big lol)[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Everything the EX came with compared to what the other models didn't come with attracted me. Larger wheels, ABS, moonroof, rear anti-sway bar, a fully painted car, the extra HP (which ended up not really making a difference but oh well) and IMO I would pay $ for the top of the line car if it is affordable an worth it price-wise. (I got my 2k2 in 2k1 so no Si hatchs were out yet, but I wouldn't have gotten it anyway.) After getting an intake, sound-wise I like the VTEC in the 7th gen EX. Doesn't sound as raw as a DOHC engine but I still like it.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

VtecDude is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the EX because I wanted the extra features. I had driven an LX for about 2 yrs and was tired of wondering what it would be like to drive an EX. I also got it because I wanted the ABS, Moonroof, and CD player not available on the 02 LX. The completed trim and larger more attractive hubcaps were also another reason why I went with the EX. Vtec was probably the last reason, yet still an attractive one, as to why I went with the EX. It gives the car a slightly more performance-sounding engine and a small kick of power, over the LX and DX.

To me the EX was worth the extra $$. Especially when I pull up next to anyone in a stock DX or LX and envy lights up their face. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Wanted all the features. I like the sunroof the most. I also wanted a fully-body colored car, thats why I painted the washer nozzles also. Looks good. Didnt buy it for performance, just to have a decent car that looks good.
Old 02-02-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
sunroof and abs

EX
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
There were only 2 7th gens at the dealership early Spring of 2000. There was a suped up Black EX (I heard some of you call it "EX Sport"[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] a while ago) and the DX Rallye Red. I was only 17 at the time, with a wage of 7.50, so naturally I could only afford the DX. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG] Paid in full though. IN FULL.

I've been saving up ever since I was 12 (LoL Christmas, Birthday, Allowance, then a job later on). Amazing how much I saved up. But it hit me in the head that I should start saving up, after I saw a Lamborghini. Civic's aren't exactly Lamborghinis, but at least I have a decent looking starter car.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

sg2kca is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: nytejade
I bought the DX because it was the cheapest. I don't care about A/C or power windows. Once in a while I miss power locks and a sun roof though. No big deal. I don't really care about VTEC. With or without it the car is still very fuel efficient and very slow. More money for mods. : )[hr]
I hear ya brother.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

DathAnEteRnaLbBLuE is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunroof, vtec and EBP
Dathan
Old 02-02-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
LX:
Dont care about sunroof.
Wheels are always going to be replaced anyway.
ABS not needed in San Diego (perfect weather, and as long as u dont tail gate)
Honda wants $400 for the OEM CD player......
Non-VTEC for possible turbo in the future.
Old 02-02-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
I got an LX because I said: screw the sunroof, i'm replacing the wheels, don't care for ABS, no need for a CD player because it's being replaced and im not going any faster with a VTEC.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
2001 EX, because it has many features and I like to ride in comfort. Not to mention top of the line(DX,LX,HX,EX) [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
01 LX Coupe. Came with the alloy wheels, spoiler, 6 disc in dash changer, rubber civic mats, trunk tray, cargo net, carbon fiber dash, OEM body kit, and fog lamps. It also kept my payment at $160 a month.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the LX because the dealer gave me a good offer and tossed in a sunroof.
Old 02-02-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: 7thGenerasianCivic
2001 EX, because it has many features and I like to ride in comfort. Not to mention top of the line(DX,LX,HX,EX) [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
it's DX, HX, LX, EX. You made my LX feel sad being third in line[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

03_silver_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the ex, for alloy not hubbies, ac, moonroof, and full paint, plus usually the ex gets the mods available first.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

cosmicjim is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the ex because I love to hear the vtec as the engine rips through the revs propelling the car to illegal speeds.

oh and I love the sunroof.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 EX - price, fuel efficency and automatic because Seattle = #2 worst traffic city in USA and i want "real" vtec not the E crap.
Old 02-02-2003
Registered!!

BlackWidCiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget us Canadians w/ the Si coupe!!!! Got it cuz it came with oem spoiler, a/c, abs, moonroof, power...pretty much everything that I wanted

Peace
Connor