General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

No return fuel = No turbo...BS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003
APS
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS is an unknown quantity at this point
No return fuel = No turbo...BS!!!

So...whats the big deal about our cars??? RSX's are the same way...and turboing them is easy!! WTF?!?

[hr]All RSX models are equipped with a blow-moulded, four-layer resin fuel tank that offers reduced weight, increased capacity, improved safety, and reduced emissions. Capacity is maximized because the resin tank can be moulded to fit around other components. The RSX also incorporates a returnless fuel supply system that helps reduce vapour loss[hr]
The turbo kits I have seen for the RSX dont come with a return fuel line and stuff so if u can do it with the RSX no problem...why not our cars?
Old 01-06-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, they have the same returnless fuel system that we do. Why do you say that turboing them is easy? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-06-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
It's been done, doesn't mean it's easy. There's several civics that have turbo with a returnless system too, and it was pretty hard to do it, but still it's doable.
Old 01-06-2003
DRJ
Registered!!

DRJ is an unknown quantity at this point
The RSX has a more durable engine and is only rated LEV as ULEV like the civics. This gives companys a little more leeway for designing mods.
Old 01-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: DRJ
The RSX has a more durable engine and is only rated LEV as ULEV like the civics. This gives companys a little more leeway for designing mods.[hr]
It has nothing to do with ratings...the S2000 is a ULEV and it's durable..

The RSX's come stock with larger fuel lines and a much more powerful fuel pump...
Old 01-06-2003
DRJ
Registered!!

According to Honda's website, the 2003 S2000 is LEV, and the only reason I mention it is because it's probably easier to design mods with the lower emissions ratings in mind for CARB exemption. I didn't mean to imply that durabllity is related to emissions.
Old 01-06-2003
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
I don't think ULEV rating has anything to do with it. If a car spews X amount of fumes per minute, it still has to spew within a certain amount of that X number of fumes AFTER the turbo. an LEV car must remain LEV. ULEV must remain ULEV.
Old 01-06-2003
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]...why not our cars?[hr]
because they are slow dude. 3k would be a waste on our cars since the we would only be running mid to high 14's.
and people dont want to waste R&D time on a car that is ULEV.
solution= K20 swap and turbo that bitch.

Old 01-06-2003
DRJ
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: S2000man01
...If a car spews X amount of fumes per minute, it still has to spew within a certain amount of that X number of fumes AFTER the turbo. an LEV car must remain LEV. ULEV must remain ULEV.[hr]
I agree with you here, and that's why I think there is no turbo for our cars. Of course I'm not an expert on emissions ratings, but from what I've heard, ULEV is much stricter than the lower ratings. FI is such a fundamental engine change that I don't think any company has found a way to keep the emissions within the ULEV spec.

Old 01-06-2003
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
There are turbo kits available for the RSX because it's considered more of a performance/sports car than the civic.
The returnless fuel system is easily solved by a piggy back fuel management system and bigger injectors.