General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Vibration....Attn: Grey

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Vibration....Attn: Grey

I now know what happened to you a couple weeks ago....after last nights storm, I parked my car in the driveway, and when I got in this morning, and got on the highway, my steering wheel was shaking like a ****, the seats were shaking all over....the whole car felt like it was gonna explode....when I got to work, I looked under all the wheels, and the front drivers wheel was partialy caked with snow....I knocked it out, hit the highway again, and the vibration was completely gone....

Soooo, just a heads up to anyone this happens to, I called my honda dealer and asked about potential damage, due the violent nature of the vibration....they said to make sure you check all steering components and all the shocks and bushings after that happens....it's a pretty common problem with the civics apparantly, and they said if you dont get the snow out it has the potential to knock out your alignment, and you can destroy the CV joints and wheel mounts.....they recomend a dealer check if you drive it like that for more than a mile or so at speeds over 45 MPH.

-Mystic
Old 12-26-2002
Registered!!

escapeartist is an unknown quantity at this point
This can also happen with mud. Not that are cars are able to 4x4. Well, maybe if you're still riding on stock springs [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-26-2002
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: escapeartist
This can also happen with mud. Not that are cars are able to 4x4. Well, maybe if you're still riding on stock springs [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
lol....yeah, that happened to my wrangler a couple times....didnt make the connection at the time tho

-Mystic
Old 12-26-2002
Registered!!

redsoxryan is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, i live in NC and we had a bad ice storm a couple of weeks ago. the same thing happened. wasn't quite as bad as you said yours was, but it was enough to make me worry and check the entire car. i let the car run long enough to melt alot of the ice then the vibration was gone

redsoxryan
Old 12-26-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I figured that was it. Here's the thread that I posted about it in case anyone is curious: Scary Vibration
Thanks for putting my mind at ease though. I was weirded out when it happened.
I'll remember to check my wheels for snow buildup before going on the highway next time.
Old 12-27-2002
Registered!!

brents1 is an unknown quantity at this point
ha, I've got a heater aimed at my tires right now. Here in Dayon, OH we got dumped on w/ snow. Last night was horrible with all the vibration. I figured it had to be something w/ the snow. Thanks for posting this.