General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mxcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
turbo ?

hi im form mexico, and i call my frind from L.A. cause im looking for some parts , and he told me that if i go to L.A. whit him and have $2,500 he or his friends install a turbo in my car, i ask cause i think that its no one out but he tell methat for sure he install me a turbo and its going to run nice $2500 and the turbo in my car whit the guages can it be ture ? too good to be true
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point
If my memory serves me well, I was told that it would be about the same but keep in mind that this was a shop in Canada telling me, so in their funds, it was actually more than $2,500 (figure half [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] ). but just remember man, you definitely get what you pay for. Now, I'll never find out. I can tell you that having a snorkel installed on a Jeep is pretty cheap and probably one of the cheapest performance mods that you can do [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-19-2002
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
hey ke onda yo soy de monterrey, mira la vdd un turbo por 2500 no me suena bien, lo que tienen turbo en este foro ando por los 5mil dolares, porke ademas de las partesdel turbo necesitas todos los aparatos electronicos para poder controlar la presion del turbo, y cambiar el sistema de gasolina para poder varia la presion
pero hablales por telefono y preguntale ke te incluye

y para esto cuantos años tienes??
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
yes please.
Old 12-19-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
Ummm....
Old 12-19-2002
Supreme Member!

wcsjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: CivicMexicano
hey ke onda yo soy de monterrey, mira la vdd un turbo por 2500 no me suena bien, lo que tienen turbo en este foro ando por los 5mil dolares, porke ademas de las partesdel turbo necesitas todos los aparatos electronicos para poder controlar la presion del turbo, y cambiar el sistema de gasolina para poder varia la presion

y para esto cuantos años tienes??[hr]

ok, spanish is not my first language...... or second language for that matter, but i am brasilian and i do understand what u said... and u are out of ur mind if ur gonna pay 5000 dollars for a fkin turbo!!! i have 3 friends that got their turbo bought and installed for 1600 flat... and two of them are running 8psi of boost and their motor is running just fine. i guess it really matters where u are from, cuz here in north cali, people exchange and sell turbo chargers like there is no tommorw! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
Si, CivicMexicano es correcto. un turbo cuesta tres mil dólares, más o menos. pero necesita una mejora del sistema de carburante tambien. y ese coste mas tambien.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

civicmexicano yo se que eso es lo que cuesta un turbo no se si los consiogas en mexico , poer en mexico monetrrey gdj estan muy caros , respecto al turbo que digo es para correr 7 u 8 psi , tengo confianza en esta persona que me lo ofrece y experiencia, ya se que se necesitan gauges y todo poer eso me dijo 2,500 ....
Old 12-19-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
2001civic is the closest. from what I gathered, it is usually around $3500-4500 installed. You should ask what you are getting with the kit. The turbo kit he is telling u might not have a blow off valve or a intercooler. Get all the information. Sorry, I can read/understand spanish, but can't speak nor write.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

the turbo has all the parts thats need , yes it has intercooler, but i dont know what else, i talk whit him not too longer he only told me save money and come to L.A. cali i will install u all the turbo , he told me that he is going to send me the info bye e-mail about that turbo he is talking about, cause i dont belivehim, like you guy dont belive me ... see ya
Old 12-19-2002
Supreme Member!

im sorry, but if ur gonna pay anything over 2500 for a d series turbo, then u r a dumbass!!! i could see someone paying maybe that much for a gsr turbo or maybe another B series turbo, but for a d series?! if ur gonna be that stupid to waste that much money to make your car fast, then get a swap done!
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

dtrance is an unknown quantity at this point
Amo picar los testículos con herramientas de jardín
Old 12-19-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: dtrance
Amo picar los testículos con herramientas de jardín[hr]
WTF? *backing away*

$2500 for a turbo... How much PSI?
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
U loco?!
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
please speak spanish b/c i even though i cant understand it, it makes more sense to me than your english
Old 12-19-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
His english is fine, what are you talking about?

that's not nice either.
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

TACHITUP is an unknown quantity at this point
lets try to keep it in english pal, i skipped 1 too many of those expanola classes
Old 12-19-2002

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: CivicMexicano

y para esto cuantos años tienes??[hr]
For the people who skipped spanish... "Hey, Im from Monterrey. $2500 for a turbo doesn't sound good. They have it in this forum for about $5000 because of all of the parts the turbo needs. All of the electronics in order to control the turbo pressure and change the fuel system in order to handle the pressure. You can call me and find out what it includes for the vehicle you have (yearwise).

School did me some huh?
Old 12-19-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: 2001civ
Si, CivicMexicano es correcto. un turbo cuesta tres mil dólares, más o menos. pero necesita una mejora del sistema de carburante tambien. y ese coste mas tambien.[hr]
"CivicMexicano is right. A turbo costs around $3000. But the fuel system need an improvement and that costs more too."
Old 12-19-2002
Supreme Member!

sorry man, but like i said, if ur paying anything over 2g's or around that, then ur getting ripped off.... buy a turbo kit for the 6thgen civic or something, replace the manifold and get the fuel part fixed.. i guarantee u it wont cost more than 2500.
Old 12-19-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: mxcivic
civicmexicano yo se que eso es lo que cuesta un turbo no se si los consiogas en mexico , poer en mexico monetrrey gdj estan muy caros , respecto al turbo que digo es para correr 7 u 8 psi , tengo confianza en esta persona que me lo ofrece y experiencia, ya se que se necesitan gauges y todo poer eso me dijo 2,500 ....[hr]
"CivicMexicano, I know that is what a turbo costs, I don't know if you can get them in mexico. In Monterrey, Mexico they are more expensive. With respect to a turbo that can run 7 or 8 psi, I have confidence in the person who offered and their experience. I already know that you need gauges and all and he told me $2500."

Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

i only want to let u guy know waht my friend told me, if u think that me or anybody that buy a turbo for a D serie engine its u r problem, a turbo of 7 or 8 psi that can run w/o internals will give u like 180 hp maybe more or maybe less and if u get the ecu i think that u will have the same hp for a stock k20 engine and maybe im wrong and the turbo dont cost 2500 and cost more like 3500 or 4000 but its not going to be like 6000 like a engine swap .... but that its only what i think, im not trying to make to think like me and im not going to think like u .. see ya
Old 12-19-2002
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
well i don't know by personal experience but im telling what i know from this forums, some guys here have to go custom turbo cause as far as i know you have to make a custom manifold for our cars wich make it expensive, actually from what i've searched there are no companies or shops here in Mexico that are willing to go though the work of making a custom turbo work for our cars.....
Old 12-19-2002
Registered!!

hey civic mexicano te mande un mail tienes msn ? mandame un mail para platikar puedes ver mi corrreo en memeber´s ride´s
Old 12-20-2002

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Hey raza wa suup,
I know that most people that has gotten turbo on the 7thgen civics have problems 60% of the time.
They always get a deal just to find out that he needed to modify the fuel system, and the ignition system and intercooled hardware and the waste gate they spended so much money and the gain was not significant unless you run nitrous along with it or more boost and they found out quickly that their engine was not meant to be running that much boost and end up with engine failure in the long or short run, depending in how often they run the car to it's limits.
It gets expensive like 5 to 8 k if you want to do it right.
Some of this guys are starting from were they supposed to do to start with, and that is re-inforcing the internals of your engine first to handle the Turbos and nitrous.
My self, I'm thinking on buying another engine and do all the interior mods first and then all the Turbo and stuff and when is raedy just do a swap with my stock.
Ether that or get thr rsx type s engine swap I'll open it up and do the same thing to it.
Old 12-20-2002
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
Hey hector,

Congrats on the Super Street.

If you need a hook up on internal work, I can give you the number to the guy who did all mine. Ya, a lot of people do have problems with turbos, luckily I havn't had any yet. I went the right route like Hector said and beefed up the internals first. I havn't heard anyone on here complain yet about problems with there turbo set up. Although there is only a few and they havn't had them long. Good luck to all.

Later, Phil