General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

got to drive a pretty nice car last night...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicPunker17 is an unknown quantity at this point
got to drive a pretty nice car last night...

me and my buddy went out last night in his 98 turbo prelude. dammmmn that thing is quick and it sounds so mean. he let me drive it for a bit and i had a blast. we took it over today to the same place my cars at and hes getting a full engine rebuild and turbo rebuild. so hell be running consistant 12's at about 1 bar of boost (right now he runs 13.8 at about 10 psi). ill get pics of his engine bay when its all complete, its pretty impressive. just thought id share. damn i want my car back!

o and quick update on mine...when i saw it today the exhaust manifold was on and now all the turbo parts just need to be bolted on. itll be done by next week
Old 11-30-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Yay, next week another turbo 7thgen will be on the site. Very Cool man.

The prelude rocked, I still don't know why they discontinued it. It could of been like the baby version the S2000 or something.

Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
The prelude rocked, I still don't know why they discontinued it. It could of been like the baby version the S2000 or something.[hr]
Lack of sales.
Old 11-30-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
It was a strong car though. Was it the price tag that drove down sales or what?
Old 11-30-2002

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
not enough "zoom zoom" for the $$$$
Old 11-30-2002
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i think so, because it was aimed a 19-23 year olds but the price was too much
tight car though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-30-2002
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
Where are you getting the turbo from? Is it a costom turbo? How much are you paying for it? Not trying to pry in to your life but I'm realy interested in a turbo or a supercherger. I don't want to go with NOS but It looks one of the only options right now. Oh wait I could Always go with the electric superchager,or the twister that goes in the intake. It will give me 100hp.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]Just woundering.
Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, off topic from this thread itself, but since your getting turbo done, do you know of anyone with a turbo'ed 7th gen with automatic transmission? I havent heard of anyone yet that has it done. Its really looking like either having a turbo system and torque converter setup for my car, or buying an old 300zx and fixing up the engine on that, i already have the t3/t4 turbo sitting on a shelf in a friends garage, and the intercooler on hold at a local speed shop waiting a final decision. (Note: im really shading from rebuilding a second car, and would love to have a turbo on my baby) Just tryin to find anyone that has done this yet with the automatic. (Also: im not really interested in trading in and getting a manual either, i could have the 300zx with manual if i go that route.) But anyways, all the other parts are either in stock that i need, or can be delivered from a warehouse within 3 or 4 days once the job gets started on my car.
Old 11-30-2002
Registered!!

CivicPunker17 is an unknown quantity at this point
my fuel system has been converted to return line, so that parts done. then the turbo will be done soon, and the whole project is $6200. SKR Performance is Delran, NJ is doing the project. and good news for every 7th gen out there, theyre making a complete turbo kit INCLUDING a return fuel set up for our cars. and my cars an automatic and if we run into any problems then a transmission cooler will solve that. so ill be the first automatic turbo 7th gen (besides that fiber images one, if its even functional) and right now im the only 7th gen with a return fuel system, so ill of course keep everyone updated on everything. were using a t3 turbo that garrett made specifically for my car, and they will produce the same turbo around the d17. pretty cool beans if i do say so myself. so look for a kit for our car this spring.
Old 12-01-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the prelude does rock but yeah I couldn't afford one. I was wanting the last year of them but it never happened I got my 01 instead too bad the job market was going to crap about the time I bought mine.

Nick