General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2k2 international auto show!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALLcustom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
2k2 international auto show!

OK, well I am gonna be of few words, i just want to give my opinion on some cars that surprised me in many ways, both good ways and bad ways...

1. To give some incite on the g35/350z experience... the 350z may be a little faster (just a smidge) but the g35 is SOOOOOOO much nicer. Actually I was quite dissapointed with the Z's interior. No offense to those who like it, I mean it is great, but naturally they will be compared and the g35 had the most comfortable seats in the entire show (including all bmw's).

2. My overall favorite car for the money was the mercedes-benz c230 kompressor coupe. WOW EVERYTHING was awesome about it! And actually, it's the same price as a wrx (roughly, depepnding on options of both) and though not quite as fast, the interior is waaaay nicer. Oyster leather, metal trim, panorama roof (the one at the show lacked this key feature). It has become my new goal...

3. The civic SI is a lot nicer in person. The interior is bigger than our coupes, the seats are great, and the dash is very cool. The coupe was there too, and I sat in it to see the difference between it and mine (a 2k1 dx) and I have to say that I'm not as envious as I thought I was of you all with the newer ex models. They are great too, but I'm not missing out on much. Oh, and they changed the automatic shifter thingy and it's uglier than normal...

4. They had an accord coupe, the first one i have seen for 2k3, and it was too. I slid into the black leather and was very impressed. The sedan's are awesome too.

5. I took many pictures of all of this but my favorite convertible/sports car was the M3... All around it was most impressive. Along with it's younger brother the 330ci, which was all white, with light tan interior, great color scheme...

When i think of more i will post it. Keep in mind that I know many of the above have good or bad power and most of it is based solely on looks... But for me, a comfortable ride is a happy ride. And again, the c230 was all-around my favorite, I don't care if someone said it was the poor-man's mercedes... I don't think it is a disappointment at ALL...

Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
Were you there today? at the convention center? So was I........
I, for one, was very impressed with the mazdaspeed protege.
That was probably the highlight of the show for me.....well, that and Murcielago.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

yeah i was!!! i got there around 7 pm though... a bit late. ANyhow, yeah i forgot to metnion a few things... THat mazaspeed was AWESOME!! The color was freakin perfect! Yeah it was great... Hey, didn't know you were in tampa, IM me sometime...

cool...

-matt
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah that g35 looks like a winner good combo of luxury and performance
Old 11-16-2002
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
the mazdaspeed protege? the same one the public can buy? that one?

wut color was it? i want a freakin summary on it. lol.
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

LOL, it was the color on the website... But you don't get the same effect as you would seeing the car in person...

well, you know how on those 95-98 eclipses that silver color that looks blue in a certain light? Well, this color is super metallic orange, but in the right light, it has yellow highlights...

Kinda like orange pearl or something... Anyway, if the shop could do it correctly, it would look SWEET on a civic IMO... yeah.. with white rims and a CF kaminari hood... hmm... new project? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

ExRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
i love the blue g35 coupe. Its a born bad azz. The c230 kompressor is a nice car to. I would love to get a black on black c230 kompressor and put 19" Amg wheels on there. I better keep on dreaming.
Old 11-17-2002
Registered!!

yeah, the c230 at the show was black, tan leather though and it was great! Oh, but about the prices, that is what i am saying... it isn't THAT far off from most of us... I mean it is very much in the same range as a wrx or an rsx type-s (which, btw, was another disappointment) and is soo much better IMO, though i have to say i like sitting in a wrx, and the interior is large...
Old 11-17-2002
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: FocusKiller
Were you there today? at the convention center? So was I........
I, for one, was very impressed with the mazdaspeed protege.
That was probably the highlight of the show for me.....well, that and Murcielago.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG][hr]

the new mazdaspeed protege is definatlly bad a$$, with the turbo, 17's, great colors, nice looking kit and wing, and the sound system. definally giving the 1.8t VWs a huge run for thier money. the VWs upgraded to 170 hp turbo like the mazdaspeed and they also have a great sound system (called the typhoon system or something like that) but it is an option, the protege comes stock with that killer kenwood system and is relatively the same price.

Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

5SpeedStallion is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys, I'm from Tampa, too (N Tampa, Just N of Gaither). I didn't get to go to the show this year because I am in college in Ohio, but I have been surfing this forum for over a year now and I figured now was as good a time as ever to post. I know, I drive a Mustang, but I am definately a car guy overall. I mean, not a big fan of riced-out cars, but anyway, this is a civic forum so I am not going to make fun of your cars all the time or anything. Anyway, I went to the car show last year and they had the Laguna Seca Blue M3 convertable. WOW that thing is beautiful. The doors were locked but the top was down so my friend unlocked them and we sat in it. WOW again.

Random: I know a couple of guys from Tampa with 7th gen civics. David Martinez and Frank Carerres. Anybody know if they're on here?

Well, I'm glad to have finally posted here and I hope I can post here harmony with you guys. See ya
Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: 5SpeedStallion
Hey Guys, I'm from Tampa, too (N Tampa, Just N of Gaither). I didn't get to go to the show this year because I am in college in Ohio, but I have been surfing this forum for over a year now and I figured now was as good a time as ever to post. I know, I drive a Mustang, but I am definately a car guy overall. I mean, not a big fan of riced-out cars, but anyway, this is a civic forum so I am not going to make fun of your cars all the time or anything. Anyway, I went to the car show last year and they had the Laguna Seca Blue M3 convertable. WOW that thing is beautiful. The doors were locked but the top was down so my friend unlocked them and we sat in it. WOW again.

Random: I know a couple of guys from Tampa with 7th gen civics. David Martinez and Frank Carerres. Anybody know if they're on here?

Well, I'm glad to have finally posted here and I hope I can post here harmony with you guys. See ya[hr]
dude! I live near gaither... Actually in Lutz, up past Cheval near that 7-eleven on the corner... Small world... Anyway, I am at school now studying (or pretending to study) for a math test right now...

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2002
Registered!!

Yeah, small world. My friend lives right across the street from that 7/11 on Geraci Rd. I have probably seen you driving without knowing it. Haha. Crazy Small World. Anyway, so far it seems like you guys are pretty cool about me having a mustang. And you guys definately seem to understand the limitations of your cars. (My stang's a V6 so I know the deal). Anyway, See ya around
Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Who is your friend on geraci??? I'm on sunlake, right there... cool... Anyhow, I went to your site, with the pics of your mustang... I do like it, but even more, I like the PHAT HOUSE it's in front of!

Old 11-19-2002
Registered!!

Hey, thanks for the compliments on my house (well, my parents) and my car and my friend's name is Ryan Tufts. See ya 'round