General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

..."It's the pedals!"

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
..."It's the pedals!"

Uhhh, yeah, sure it is....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Quoting directly from my service summary:

Customer reports car does not want to shift correctly (as smooth) into 2nd gear and pops out of 2nd gear. Hard to get into reverse."
Test Drive car- Could not confirm problem. Customer has aftermarket pedals attached to stock pedals - may be causing a problem. (Service manager) drove car twice & could not find a problem. Clutch fluid level is Ok

Customer thinks dealer may be full of sheit.

This is after I was told by the service manager that the problem was a mis aligned linkage between the pedal and the slave cylinder. The clutch may not have been disengaging all the way, thus causing the gears to feel stiff.

And how the fawk could pedals do anything??? They don't get in the way of anything! Once again, a dealer finds something, anything to try to get their way out of filing it as a warranty repair. BTW, I did not pay one penny. I would have laughed in their faces, but I picked it up after hours, so no one was there. Needless to say, this must be one of the best bullsheit excuses to date.... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Edit... had to add the laughing faces, this is just too funny.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BumpinCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
that is like my dealer telling me that my intake was the cause of my motor mount breaking [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-05-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
ghey....
i dont expect any thing from freaking honda dealer.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

Nuts is an unknown quantity at this point
thats dumb
Old 10-05-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
i have that same problem...
hard to put in reverse
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

Cyclosporine is an unknown quantity at this point
my auto shifts very hard...maybe it's the way I press the pedal too...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

honda dealers
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

petOr is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY!!!. u know what. i've got the same problem with 2nd gear!!!!!

Ya.. it's hard to duplicate cuz it happens at random times......

tell them to call me in Canada if they want proof cuz i got the same stupid problem but i didn't bring it to honda because i just shift a bit harder into 2nd.

Old 10-05-2002
Tre
Registered!!

Tre is an unknown quantity at this point
I got that problem too. Reverse is a total biotch to get in and 2nd gear sometimes wants to pop out....Now I'm stuck granny shifting and making SURE that my shift from first to second is clean.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

armageddon is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone who is having the problem with 2nd gear, it is covered under TSB#01-081. the problem with reverse is just something you need to get over. My 'vic is in the shop so they can fix the 2nd gear issue. they will replace gears 1,2 and 5 and the shift fork for 1 and 2. the problem wont go away and paying more attention to the way you shift also wont do anything. after a while you will lose 2nd all together and it will cause you to shift from 1st to 3rd gear. take it to the dealer and give them the TSB number and they will fix it.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Try leaving the car there for a day until they can find out the issue. Same thing happened to me with the 1st to 2nd issue. They made me test drive a brand new 2002 EX around the block to see if the shifting was different but of course that not gonna help.

Do you guys like to shift quick into 2nd? That's how I find out how it occurs. I hate it. I have to pound the clutch in the ground to prevent it from "occasionally" happening.
Old 10-05-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Freaking Dealerships
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

Dimplebutt is an unknown quantity at this point
hey armageddon. thanks for the advice. but i was wondering how long it would take for them to fix it? and are their other TSB that are out there that you know about that may help us.
Old 10-05-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
According to what they told me, it was just a loose linkage. They seem to be right, the car shifts 10 times smoother now, I just found it funny that they didn't write that on the sheet. These reports must go to Honda HQ and if they see something that actually looks like a problem, the dealer must be frowned upon. I'm going to call them monday just to get a humerous explaination over the phone. I usually need a laugh by mid-monday.
Old 10-05-2002
Registered!!

armageddon is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Dimplebutt
hey armageddon. thanks for the advice. but i was wondering how long it would take for them to fix it? and are their other TSB that are out there that you know about that may help us.[hr]
I was told 6 hrs so I droped off my car and called the next day. I guess Honda sent my dealer the wrong parts to fix it. So I am now stuck for another week with no car. But the TSB called for a 6 hr job.
Old 10-05-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
hmmm... what woulda happend if you took off the rubber ones from the brake and clutch pedal ??? do you think that they would of said it was the pedals agains??
Old 10-05-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

If I took the pedals, the MOMO **** and the intake off, they would have found something else to wine about. My cleared lights would have been the problem. The funny thing is, I can still put the clutch all the way to the floor board, and run a 1/2" dowel all the way behind the MOMO pedal. The rod the pedal is attached to is completely behind the pedal and the nuts. There is no problem with fitting or interference. They easily could have discovered this, but chose not to even try, just blame it on that. I'm gonna call them monday and give them an earful about their stupidity. They also said that the radio static and recient lack of range was based on the stations I chose to listen to. This is 15 miles from the tower, and every station in town.

The simple truth is they don't want to be bothered to fix anything they won't make money on. Since I'm a 20 year old kid, and I have shiny stuff on in my car, they think it's easier to just blow it off. They don't think I'm gonna do anything about it. So it's simple as this. I called the Acura dealer here in town, explained my situation and lack of satisfaction with the greaseballs at Honda, and they said they could fix anything on my car with no problem. After all, a Civic is just a slow RSX....