General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GPMarzan is an unknown quantity at this point
AutoX

I just experienced my first autocross today at Camden NJ. The only two 7th gen civics there was mine and PANDA. Let me tell ya, autocrossing is so addicting. I didnt want to run my car, but after my first one i just wanted to keep on going. We had the opportunity to run 7times(4 in the morning/ 3 in the afternoon.). I stayed for the whole thing, but PANDA had to leave after the morning runs. Anyway, like i said, i think its very addictive. My fist run, i ran it in 65sec. Thats slow as hell, my bros first run (90 civic hatch) was i think around 58 or something. but it was my first ever autox so it cool. My best morning run was a 53 i think (autox4u.com will hopefully have the times). PANDA's best run was 51sec. Afternoon runs i did a lil better. My 5th, 6th, 7th runs were 50, 48.2, 48.6. Those arent good compare to some cars that i saw like the WRX's, bmw, turbo/supercharged miatas and some other crazy cars running high 30s/low 40s. The WRX's were running 43, 44, 45, 46..which isnt that far ahead of my best time. Overall, i had a blast. Hope to attend again on the next one. Ohh and lets say that our lil 7thgen civics (LX auto in my case) beat a 94-98 convertable mustang, which ran a 49..Hell yea, baby..go civics!!![IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2002
7thgen guh chee

JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounded like a cool show Some pics next time too[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2002
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
good job pat
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

GPMarzan is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont have pics, but PANDA and my other friend has it on video..i Think my friend is gonna post it up on his webpage soon..i forget the link but ill let you guys know
Old 09-22-2002
Panda

It was so much fun...totally addicting.....it's an adrenaline rush trying to keep the car from clipping the cones...
hahhahahahhahha....on my 3rd run I went a little too fast and understeered right into 2 cones...lol it was fun though.........the yokohamas were extremely sticky....I was the only one ther running 18's hahahahahahahaha...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]...well the next one is gonna be on OCT 12.....so i'll try to get some more 7th gens to go down.....$30 but well worth the money......the people were awesome too...I just had a hard time putting that helmet on my huge head..lol
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: GPMarzan
I just experienced my first autocross today at Camden NJ. The only two 7th gen civics there was mine and PANDA. Let me tell ya, autocrossing is so addicting. I didnt want to run my car, but after my first one i just wanted to keep on going. We had the opportunity to run 7times(4 in the morning/ 3 in the afternoon.). I stayed for the whole thing, but PANDA had to leave after the morning runs. Anyway, like i said, i think its very addictive. My fist run, i ran it in 65sec. Thats slow as hell, my bros first run (90 civic hatch) was i think around 58 or something. but it was my first ever autox so it cool. My best morning run was a 53 i think (autox4u.com will hopefully have the times). PANDA's best run was 51sec. Afternoon runs i did a lil better. My 5th, 6th, 7th runs were 50, 48.2, 48.6. Those arent good compare to some cars that i saw like the WRX's, bmw, turbo/supercharged miatas and some other crazy cars running high 30s/low 40s. The WRX's were running 43, 44, 45, 46..which isnt that far ahead of my best time. Overall, i had a blast. Hope to attend again on the next one. Ohh and lets say that our lil 7thgen civics (LX auto in my case) beat a 94-98 convertable mustang, which ran a 49..Hell yea, baby..go civics!!![IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][hr]
for autocrossing, cars like the miata are nuts. cool deal on doing well, congrats. it just says that youre a better driver than a couple of those wrx's since their cars are built for that sorta stuff and you only lost to them by 2 seconds.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
hey, nice!! im looking at the website, i think i might go to an englishtown event in october or something. about that helmet, do you have to bring your own or do they have loaners?
cause those things cost like a pretty penny.
Old 09-22-2002
Panda

hey dan...helmets are loaners, so everyone who don't have one gets to share....so if you gots dandruff..the next guy just got it too...lol well..it was fun anyways..
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

Brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
I just secured my H Stock season championship at an Auto-X today in El Paso, TX. It was great, we had a good turn out. Some guy showed up in a 350 Z, it still had dealer plates on it. He already had 1500 miles, but I guess if I had a 350 Z, I'd be driving ALL over showing off too. If you have never attended an Auto-X, I REALLY recommend going.
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

JoeyTStyleS is an unknown quantity at this point
thats my man gian
next time im gunna go wit ya