Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

More autoX (pics, vids and shiz...) 56K is now banned

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
More autoX (pics, vids and shiz...) 56K is now banned

Well, I'll speak for myself, I'm sure Ryan (guy w/ red Civic) will be on later to discuss his fun.
Despite not having the greatest day by the numbers, today was a total success. First off, I figured out how to get the car balanced with the shocks. Second, I got the tire pressures almost figured out (then of course it'll be warm and screw it all up)... but thats what makes it fun. Anyways, I thought the springs in the front were too stiff... not really. Just had the shocks turned up way too high. Wound up at the end of the day with 4 in the front, 9 in the rear (15 is full hard). The Kumhos like warm pavement, thats for sure. They were still a little squirmy, but they're improving, and by the end of it, they finally got some heat and stuck real well. I'm starting to like em. Next one is a full weekend in 2 weeks, where I hope to get it all dialed in... the goal is to have a functioning car (and an compitent idiot behind the wheel who remembers how to drive it) by May. Its another learning curve... the car is so alive now its not funny. A twitch of the wheel or too much gas and its doom... such a wonderful feeling.
For those of you who play the numbers, I was 5/8 in class, 64/99 Raw and 42/99 PAX

Well I don't really have any pictures of myself because no one was there to take them, as soon as the official pics go up, I'll link em, but until then, I got this...

My Camera Mount

This is what we call conage.

Let me see if I can get some video uploaded....

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 04-05-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2004
Autocross Junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots! Did you tweak the Toe settings or just pressures?
Old 04-04-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I just played with the tire pressures. I'm gonna learn to drive it as is for the time being, it got pretty neutral by the end of the day.

Videos are becoming available HERE
Lots will be popping up throughout the week, had a break heat and I just sat out with the camera on... so they'll be coming.
Old 04-05-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. Whats ryan's setup?
Old 04-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

16" Rotas, AVS ES100s, Prokits, thats it.
Old 04-05-2004
Registered!!

jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like the expert commentary was cut out of that video.

Yeah, I ran ok yesterday. Didn't come in last, so I guessing I'm doing more things right than some other guys. I almost finished in the top half of the PAX, so that might be an accomplishment too. I still haven't formed an opinion about the PAX scoring yet...

I started out with my tires waaay too high, and since it was cold they only got higher during the runs. I think I ended up at 37 psi in the fronts and a little higher in the rears. Maybe around 39psi on the back.

The course was short, and we only got 4 runs. I think with a couple more I might've been able to catch Boiler, (who only beat me by five tenths of a second for the recordbook.)

Maybe next time.
Old 04-05-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I'm running the Pro kit too, and tied in with the 19mm rear bar and the 15.9mm front bar makes for a pretty balanced setup. Not too firm for the street, but will good handling on course.

Looks like you just need to get the right tires.....

are you sure on tire pressure? I run My Azenis at 42 Front and 35 Rear....

I like the PAX index, its a good way to see how you are doing Vs the other classes.
Old 04-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

With it being so cold, I'm not sure what we wound up running is a good representation of what should be run on a warm day. I wound up at 36/38 and still wasn't hitting the top of the wear triangle in the front.
Old 04-05-2004
Autocross Junky

^^ your running good camber settings right? then you probably wont hit the arrow, and you will be able to run lower pressures.... Me on the other hand have no camber settings, and Very Little Negitive camber, so my car likes to ride the out side edges of the tire = Necessity to run Higher pressures.
Old 04-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Does -.75 count as good? I guess its better than 0, but at some point I'd like to go a little more. Either way, by the end of it, I was pretty happy with the way the tires were running. All it takes is a lot of heat, and a little rubber already laid down in the groove.
Old 04-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Race pics... courtesy of who ever was taking them for the Indy Region SCCA

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 04-05-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice pics.