Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

My cold day of AutoX....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
My cold day of AutoX....

Lets just say I've had better days....
It was cold, I'm rusty (6 months off) and I hit more cones than I did all last season. Not to mention the 3 scuffs on the bumper from them.
I was just glad to go cone hunting again, this time I think the cones got the better of me.
Kumhos don't like 40 some odd degree weather. Make a note of that...
In addition.... F*** Honda in their wrinkled Japanese a55holes.... camber plates are useless ladies and gentlemen...
I had dreams last night about 2 or maybe even 3 degrees of negative camber... all dashed this morning when I took the car off the jack to reveal I also had about 5 degrees of toe in. That stupid steering arm jumps up to **** us all over again. Dammit. I gotta figure out a legal solution to this. The only other option is a dual setting alignment and adjusting the tie rods for every event. By June, that'll get old.
Anyways enough bitching...
On the other hand.... All Hail JIC Magic ...defeaters of body roll!
I went with my friend Ryan, who drives a Red 02.... so here's a few pics...
the rest are here ... there will be videos as soon as I figure out how to get them smaller than the 891MB that downloaded off my DV cam. Check for those later.

I don't know times. No points or trophies were involved so I really didn't care. I changed too much **** on the car anyways... this was basically a tinker day.
Old 03-07-2004
Euro-Spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
did you at least have some fun??
Old 03-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Its impossible to not have fun. 60 MPH in a parking lot!!! Come on, how is that not fun!
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like fun. whats your friend running with: suspension? wheels/tires?
Old 03-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Hes running Pro-kits on Stock shocks, 16x7 Slipstreams w/ 205/50 AVS ES100s
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
did u take a pic of ur camera setup??
Old 03-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

^^ no I forgot... I'll do it tomorrow.

Videos are now in that folder. Cliff notes...
cleanrun - my only clean run of the day
thesave - I had a little Intial D action going on
run2 - just a run... nothing special
Old 03-07-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Did I hear a +2 from the announcer on the Run2 Vid???

Cool runs, and Ya the Kumhos dont like it when its cold. Other then that, did you notice a difference Vs your Yokos?
Old 03-07-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

you probably did.... someone thought it would be funny to put double slalom cones. So there were 2 back to back... hit one, it would knock the other with it... double your pain.

I don't know anything as far as a difference in the tires. All I know is that the first 3 runs... I fought a lot of squirm and slip. When they finally started to warm up, they grabbed a little more, but I think I need to get some more heat into them. Might have to make a ghetto set of tire warmers for April.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-07-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

Sweetpants is an unknown quantity at this point
i went and watched the local scca today. looks like fun, ill probably try it out next month.
Old 03-08-2004
Premium Member

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
<--- Jealous.

I wish I had the oppurtunity to AutoX.

-Kre
Old 03-08-2004
Registered!!

lberry is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Videos....was that a time trial event?
It was nice and warm here. (perfect weather for autoxing) We had a autoX school this weekend here in North Texas Presented by the NT Porsche Club. Included high speed braking/skid pad/ 3 slaloms and later in the day a full timed course. It was awsome having a instructor with ten years of experience to show a novice like myself how to drive. This was my first chance to test my car with the RSX sway and new Falken Azenis on a course. Azenis are awsome! I don't know why I did not have them earlier. I know what you mean about being rusty, but by the end of the day I was driving fast and smooth. I am ready for our first points event on the 21st.
Old 03-08-2004
Registered!!

jnycash is an unknown quantity at this point
+2, that's it? I drive the Red EX and plowed 3 on one run. Beat that.

Seriously, I think the cones were jumping out in front of cars that day. All in all it was still a great day, so I can't complain.
The results should be posted soon, so as long as I didn't come in last...
Old 03-08-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by lberry
Nice Videos....was that a time trial event?
It was nice and warm here. (perfect weather for autoxing) We had a autoX school this weekend here in North Texas Presented by the NT Porsche Club. Included high speed braking/skid pad/ 3 slaloms and later in the day a full timed course. It was awsome having a instructor with ten years of experience to show a novice like myself how to drive. This was my first chance to test my car with the RSX sway and new Falken Azenis on a course. Azenis are awsome! I don't know why I did not have them earlier. I know what you mean about being rusty, but by the end of the day I was driving fast and smooth. I am ready for our first points event on the 21st.
Yes!! That was freaking awesome, I had a great time despite the *** blowing out of my shitty old navy kakis

I am now officially addicted, i'm definately going to do this whole season. I think im going to get a separate set of steelies & throw on some azenis...es, judging by the time you & John put down in your car vs. mine, I think thatll be a good stand alone performance mod untill I can get some suspension work done. I'll keep the steelies untill I can find a good deal on some Slipstreams...anybody know the weight of the steelies vs the Slipstreams? I'll check it out anyway.

Thanks bro for showing me that school & helping me out, I appreciate it.

Old 03-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Narc is an unknown quantity at this point
Every time you hit a cone, baby Jesus kills a kitten.
Old 03-09-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by jiggerachi
Yes!! That was freaking awesome, I had a great time despite the *** blowing out of my shitty old navy kakis

I am now officially addicted, i'm definately going to do this whole season. I think im going to get a separate set of steelies & throw on some azenis...es, judging by the time you & John put down in your car vs. mine, I think thatll be a good stand alone performance mod untill I can get some suspension work done. I'll keep the steelies untill I can find a good deal on some Slipstreams...anybody know the weight of the steelies vs the Slipstreams? I'll check it out anyway.

Thanks bro for showing me that school & helping me out, I appreciate it.

We have another convert.

15x6.5 Slipstreams are 11.8 lbs
15x7 Slipstreams are 12-13 LBs
Stock 15x5.5 steeles..... Like 16-18 LBS
Old 03-24-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
man, i wanna get into this, i just need some 16x7.5, i wanna get aznsurfer's ssr's, but ehh,, i don't hhave a g right now... heh...

you know the cheapest way to warm up ur tires, burn out... heh