General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I hate construction trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I hate construction trucks!

On my way home from work today, I passed a construction pickup towing a large open side trailer going the other way. It was kicking up a huge cloud of dust, which after I passed, turned out to actually be something on the trailer. As it passed, I hear, clink-clunk. The first word out of my mouth "AW FAWK! I knew it hit metal. I was just hoping it was under the car. oooohh no, I've got 2 big gashes in the panel behind the door. It must have been concrete or something. No dent, but paint chipped all the way to the bare metal, and one of them actually scratched into the metal. So I get the joy of fixing paint this weekend. Oh Joy. I guess I better fish up the chip repair thread on here.
Old 09-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]=trucks
Old 09-12-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ak can only hope to improve
same thing happens to me once a while, but i thankfully it was only hitting the windows.

DOWNSHIFTttt *vrooooooooooom* [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

edit: um, yes i drive an auto.
Old 09-12-2002
Registered!!

noypirider is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch.
Old 09-12-2002
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
happened to me too....i drove to montreal from toronto and on the way back to toronto, some truck was loosing something from its bed, it was big n white and loud when it hit my car,
so now i had the bumper repainted [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]attachments/smaller1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-12-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
me too...they fu**ed the road so bad.....i had my koni installed then two weeks later i hit a big *** hole on the ground near some track route...and i had to spend $53 for a nut to get it fix..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-12-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ak

DOWNSHIFTttt *vrooooooooooom* [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

edit: um, yes i drive an auto.[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

scsGrumPyDriveR is an unknown quantity at this point
Construction trucks have MAJOR problems!!!!! I would callthem LOSERS

I was going the speed limit and then this big construction truck began to tail gate me and started honking.

Didn't really care, poped the car into 2nd gear and drove on 2k RPM. The guy had a nice time trying to pass me for half an hour. =)

Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

moose87 is an unknown quantity at this point
check this out: yesterday I was at an intersection behind a bigass construction truck. a little tour bus was trying to get by him in the other lane but this truck was sittin a little in the lane and the bus couldn't get through. So, without any warning he slams his truck into reverse and stars backing up fast! No warning beeper and no looking out his window. I was about at a safe distance behind him but I would have gotten crushed if I hadn't been watching just that second, and slammed mine into reverse too. Thank god there wasn't anyone close behind me. So I beeped at him as I was backing up to let him know I was there. GET THIS, he stops his truck with about a 1/4 inch between it and my car, gets out and starts screaming at me! He said "have you ever seen those stickers that say if you can't see my mirrors I can't see you?" I said, ya, but I could see your mirrors and you don't have that sticker on YOUR truck anyway. Then he starts yelling, telling me how I had a nerve to beep at him, how "punks like me" make his life a living hell, etc... I tried to tell him that I just beeped to let him know that I was there but he just kept yelling. Finally I told him that had he hit me, I'd have sued him for every cent and that he drives like a retard. He just got livid and I thought he was gonna get really violent but he just cursed at me and got back in his car. If you can't tell, this whole episode REALLY pissed me off. Sorry about the length of this, i was just venting.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]