General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Turbo DIY

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ironcow is on a distinguished road
yeah seriously...seems kinda simple for a turbo
what kind of gains are you expecting
any why arnt there any pics
Old 09-02-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: Phillippe01
This is kind of a generic DIY, and the big question ,what about the fuel system? (besides the larger injectors, which are not mentioned at all in the insturctions)[hr]
Exactly. Not impressed. This is just a commercial for the kit. A T3/T4 turbocharger is way too big IMO. It's not well matched to the engine. Well, unless you get a stroker kit in the future. Then it might be a good match. I'm being a lazy bum though, I need to make that DIY turbo page of mine. It's all in my head now, but I have much more detailed information that this DIY specifies... If you have any pending questions, then shoot me a PM. I'll be happy to answer them.
Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds too good to be true...how many psi's? t3/t4..with that kinda turbo i will need lots of mods to handle that turbo on my talon...i dun think a 7g civic can hande it...
Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant you just use the turbo they used in the Mazda Protege.
Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
i woudl recamend the b14 turbo...spools faster than the t25 and will be safer for the engine...
Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

NBlarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, this is waayyy to generic, not very 2k1 specific in terms of the daunting questions that have plagued previous setups...ie in regards to the returnless fuel system, which trim levels (will EX's high compression ratio match well?), why such a big turbo, etc...needs to be more in depth, but is a good start.
Old 09-03-2002

hey everyone. Phil does have pictures of all the work he is doing. right now he is in the process of moving into a new house so he is more worried about that then pleasing all of you. just be patient.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
Sorry everyone,

I have been working a lot of hours lately, and I am moving into a new house so I havn't had much time to work on this DIY. I know it is not to detailed but I wanted to get it started. I will finish it up tonight. I have this kit on my car, and yes it works. A little turbo lag a low rpm, but that is what the 25 shot of nitrous is for. I have a bigger turbo on here so I can adjust it when internals are made. Yes, there is a return fuel line kit that is out for our car as well, but you don't need it unless you are running over 6-8 pounds of boost. I am running 7 pounds of boost. There is a pic of my car on the sig in the post before me. It is the purple one. It is before I had the turbo.

Why do you people make it so hard to believe that this whole turbo is real. I have it on my car and so do a few others on this site. GUESS WHAT it is real, and it works.

And no I am not like some of the others on here either. I pay for all of my stuff. I am a trucking dispatcher (that is where the long hours come from) so I make enough.

Later
Old 09-04-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: NUMBERoneHONDA
Sorry everyone,

I have been working a lot of hours lately, and I am moving into a new house so I havn't had much time to work on this DIY. I know it is not to detailed but I wanted to get it started. I will finish it up tonight. I have this kit on my car, and yes it works. A little turbo lag a low rpm, but that is what the 25 shot of nitrous is for. I have a bigger turbo on here so I can adjust it when internals are made. Yes, there is a return fuel line kit that is out for our car as well, but you don't need it unless you are running over 6-8 pounds of boost. I am running 7 pounds of boost. There is a pic of my car on the sig in the post before me. It is the purple one. It is before I had the turbo.

Why do you people make it so hard to believe that this whole turbo is real. I have it on my car and so do a few others on this site. GUESS WHAT it is real, and it works.

And no I am not like some of the others on here either. I pay for all of my stuff. I am a trucking dispatcher (that is where the long hours come from) so I make enough.

Later[hr]
Chilll d00d. Don't listen to those hagglers that say "I don't believe you, post pics". They obviously don't know what they're talking about.

You don't NEED a 'kit' to have a turbo. The main biotch to get around a turbo, is the stupid header. Turbo-performance makes one for our generation, and a lot of places will build a custom one for around 400-500USD.

I'd love to see what kind of HP you get, especially with the intercooler! I want to do it, but I don't think I can afford the intercooler at the same time. I was thinking of throwing down the plumbing, running 5psi, then eventually throw in the intercooler and jack it up to around 8/9.

How big of a difference have you noticed? night and day?

man, you make me so jealous!!!

Good job on the turbo!

Cheerio
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Simkin is an unknown quantity at this point
During the 'Turbo Lag' portion of the Rev, is the HP equal to or less than stock with a turbo?

And could you use a ball bearing T28 Turbo off the s15 sylvia / skyline gtr?

Also, do you think that you could raise the boost to a higher PSI if you installed the AEM EMS system?
Old 09-05-2002

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
HTOWN I HAVE A BLOWN MOTOR
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
No more then 8 pounds of boost max. Or else like hector said
"HTOWN I HAVE A BLOWN MOTOR"
It hasn't had any problems for me. I am not sure about the HP at low spool rpm's.
Old 09-05-2002

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Sorry everyone,

Later[hr]
Don't be a cry baby Phil we all know you work for dady.
We all pay for our stuff one way or the other.
No such thing as a free lunch

Old 09-13-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, if you don't post some times or dyno results, how is anybody going to know if it's worth the time and effort for this turbo gizmo? I mean, is it a just an ego thing to say you have one, and not give out the results of this installatiion? Did I miss this somewhere?
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

Well sooorrryyy mister bartkat. I didn't know it was my responsibility to go pay a $100 and dyno my car just so you can SEE the results. No, you didn't miss anything, and no it is not an ego thing. Worth the time and effort! Hahaha. What do you think? Dah, of course it is. I guess you didn't read all of my other post in different threads. Maybe you are new because you didn't use the search option. Hey, it's O.K.. Oh, and in a way it's an ego thing I guess. I have one and you don't.

I am also working on a custom polished aluminum intake manifold and rods. My head is being port and polished right now. I hope to be in the low to mid 13's. I am still using a 25 shot of nitrous for low rpm spools.
Old 09-13-2002
Premium Member

Well sooorrryyy mister bartkat. I didn't know it was my responsibility to go pay a $100 and dyno my car just so you can SEE the results. No, you didn't miss anything, and no it is not an ego thing. Worth the time and effort! Hahaha. What do you think? Dah, of course it is. I guess you didn't read all of my other post in different threads. Maybe you are new because you didn't use the search option. Hey, it's O.K.. Oh, and in a way it's an ego thing I guess. I have one and you don't.

I am also working on a custom polished aluminum intake manifold and rods. My head is being port and polished right now. I hope to be in the low to mid 13's. I am still using a 25 shot of nitrous for low rpm spools.[hr]
Hey if you don't want to give us some numbers on how your car runs. That's fine. You could glean all the real info from this thread and put it on the head of a pin. No numbers, no results, you don't know yourself? Cant' take a stop watch and get s zero to sixty time or time a quarter mile? I guess you really just want to go on and on and not really give anyone here any substance. I reckon that's your choice. Pardon me all to hell for asking an elite "turbo driver".
Old 09-13-2002

And no pictures ether.
the turbo on a 7thgen is being done and done right, just another wanna be.
Go figure.
Old 09-13-2002
Premium Member

Hey if these guys spent the tme and money to put on turbos and don't know how their cars run or can't take any pics, then I'm beginning to wonder why they ever post here.
Old 09-13-2002

Just a waste of dadys money and running on a 75 shoot of pure ego.
Old 09-13-2002
Premium Member

Yeah I love to ask a few straight forward questions and get told to search, called a newbie, and then flamed all to hell.

What's wrong with this picture?
Old 09-13-2002

I know this guy, I knew him when he couldn't even clean his car right for the shows he asked a lot of questions I help him and now he also flames me then he tells every one that he's my friend.
His dad has money so he pays to have his car done, just get's ideas from every one else then gives them the treatment.
Can't answer the sratight questions he only knows what he heards from the people that knows.
This hole DYI is a copy of the turbo kit DYI, Grey had it right from the get go.
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

SleeperCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, so this thread is very generic and I'm sorry, but we just can't believe it when someone makes a DIY this simple and SAYS he has turbo. Too many people say they have one. On a website we need a little more proof. Now don't get too pissed off. If you do have a turbo which is entirely possible, then I give you one hell Now, all you need to do is post 1 pic and people will believe you. So I hope I can give you a thumbs up soon when I see one because I really want to see more people doing serious $hit to their cars. Ya, I know I haven't done anything to my car, but I think I'm in the same boat as most and have no $$$ for serious mods yet. I can't wait till I have a few bills to do some mods.
Old 09-14-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: SleeperCivic
Ok, so this thread is very generic and I'm sorry, but we just can't believe it when someone makes a DIY this simple and SAYS he has turbo. Too many people say they have one. On a website we need a little more proof. Now don't get too pissed off. If you do have a turbo which is entirely possible, then I give you one hell Now, all you need to do is post 1 pic and people will believe you. So I hope I can give you a thumbs up soon when I see one because I really want to see more people doing serious $hit to their cars. Ya, I know I haven't done anything to my car, but I think I'm in the same boat as most and have no $$$ for serious mods yet. I can't wait till I have a few bills to do some mods.[hr]
what the he ll is wrong with you people?

why would you NEED a picture to believe it? is it so hard to believe? do you people honestly know so little about turbos to think that it's impossible?

you people need to do some research.

and bartkat: if you have so little knowledge of turbo's that you have to ask how much horsepower it has gained....then you shouldn't buy a turbo. a turbo is for people with engine knowledge....you can't get by off daddy's money.

do a little research and you guys will realize that a turbo takes a bit of money upfront, but once you have the plumbing down, anythings possible. and installing a turbo might take a little time, but its nowhere near as hard as you guys think it is.

you guys need to chillax! be happy for this guy...he has a turbo, and can easily spank our cars!

good work NUMBERoneHONDA!

keep us posted on how things workout in the long run with your turbo!

PEACE
Old 09-14-2002
Registered!!

Hector, I never had a problem with you until now. I messed with you a lot and joked around all in good fun, but you just over did it. I don't use my dads money, but if I did, who cares. You haven't seen my car and wouldn't know what I have done to it or not. I have a turbo, and who ever goes to hot import nights will see it. Or better yet, who ever sees me anywhere can see it. I am going to the track somtime in the next couple of weeks. I will post time slips and all the pics. Until then hold your horses. Chill out.

P.S. Hector, you don't know me or anything about me. You know what you know from what you heard. So who talks and puts threads up from just hearing things? Hahah you

Oh ya, one more thing. The turbo I have is not a kit. It is one you can by from me now. Me and my buddy from the performance shop and with a little help from Damon at turbo performances came up with it.
Old 09-14-2002

don't be a cry baby I'm just messing with you.
Old 09-14-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
well.. how much is YOUR turbo kit then???... turbo performance was asking for 3400 last time i checked.....
Old 09-15-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
its funny how this started out as "Oohh?? wow!!!!"

then later its like "hey you suck, you're lying!!"

people these days.

I for one believe him. I know thats a pretty generic DIY for turbo, but its not too difficult in the sense... managing the turbo is another story. bolting on parts is a time consumed effort... but its not too difficult, I think the difficult part is choosing ur setup, and taking care of it after you get it up and going.

anyway. maybe when he gets the pics up people will shush.