General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Its Official !! My Transmission is Broken ...

Old 08-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-17-2002
Registered!!

NBPCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: aZnVoYCe
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]
PW!!
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
You can't put an older model year engine into a newer model year car! Not legally at least.... Your insurance company sure as hell won't insure you....

[hr]Originally posted by: SuzukaBlueCivic
I'm giving Honda a call today and writing them a letter. We'll see what happens.

I'm also getting prices for a B16A5 and a '98 GSR swap. It's looking reasonable so far, but I haven't gotten firm estimates yet, just guesses.[hr]
Old 08-19-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
haha furball. u can cram one in but that law doesnt apply to us in canada hehehe. u can put a older JDM engine into cars and they wouldnt know as long as u got the paper's saying its legit its cool! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-19-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: PbFoot
its kinda funny how you learn about something in business school and then you see it play out in real life.

havent you wondered why the warrantee is only for 36k miles and then for some "strange" reason your car starts having more and more problems? i know honda is pretty reliable as far as that goes, and i didnt think they did this, but many companies engage in a practice called something like "specified lifecycle engineering" or something like that...i forget the exact buzz word. the parts of the car are designed to break after a certain time. its a shady practice, but it keeps people buying new cars or paying for replacement parts.
perhaps honda isnt as reliable is it once used to be.[hr]
same thing as lightbulbs.. they can make one that will practically last FOREVER!!.. but they dont.. so u can keep buying a new pack of them wen they blow out

Old 08-19-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
[hr]Originally posted by: NBPCivic
[hr]Originally posted by: aZnVoYCe
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]
PW!![hr]
so are you for quoting him! and so am i for quoting you! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] k back to life...
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

ExRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
bro u guys need to stop droping neutral to drive. You are reall killing ur car totally, and suzaka blue civic good luck on ur tranny being rebuilt. on my 93 mx6 i had the tranny rebiult for just about 1600 @ a shop...good luck....
Old 08-19-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
$3000 Sounds like a lot. My mom had the tranny in her 93 Maxima rebuilt and it was a little over 1000. But that was also at 110K. I'm really surprised that auto trannies are blowing in 40K miles. I hope the manuals are lasting longer.
Old 08-19-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
My manual will prolly need a new 2nd gear from all the grinding that goes on due to the crappy recalled bushings! I'm still waiting for my replacements but they are on 'recall'. What a load of BS.
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
[hr]Originally posted by: PESTLNC
buzz words: planned obsolecence

I've also thought it was weird that "ultra-reliable" Honda's get 36K/3yr. warranties, while "POS" Hyundai's get 100K/10yr. warranties.

I put "ultra-reliable" and "POS" in quotes because Honda's aren't ultra-reliable and Hyundai's aren't POS cars...that's just what people like to think about them.[hr]
hey, thanks! i couldnt remember that for the life of me...but thats what i meant. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] dont know about hyundai's not being POS, i used to know a guy that owned one and he pretty much was leaving his keys in the car and window open asking for it to get stolen. but that was like 10 years ago, and it seems like theyve pulled their ish together. honda on the other hand might be riding their good name and rep for "reliable engineering" for all its worth. its all about the marketing.

[hr]Originally Posted by: AzNmiKex215

ame thing as lightbulbs.. they can make one that will practically last FOREVER!!.. but they dont.. so u can keep buying a new pack of them wen they blow out.[hr]
yeah...same thing with medicine. they probably already have a cure for AIDS and other diseases, but meds for treatment produce more profits because patients have to keep taking them each month or whatever. i bet you they can cure all the terminal diseases, its just that its not financially justified for them to make it available. curing people isnt the #1 priority anymore, its all about the $$$. but im just venting i guess. same thing with cars and lightbulbs, as an example.
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

SuzukaBlueCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
you dont have to worry about putting an older motor into a new car. I know lots of people who've done that, ex. 95 Civic with 93 Prelude motor. As long as I can get it smog checked (pay under the table for that).. then i can insure/register it w/o a problem.
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
I want to see the law that says you can't put an older engine in your car. I fail to see the logic in that.
Old 08-20-2002
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
i tihnk theres some law about not puting older parts in cars
the parts have to be same yr or newer