General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Whats your take on Subaru's WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
I was actually considering a WRX when considering a new car...I got the Civ instead...I found the WRX to be a bit cramped inside...

2Hottie
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I luuuuuuuv that car. I would have gotten one, but couldn't afford one at the rtime. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

SpooooN is an unknown quantity at this point
Try and find a better performance car for the money. Sure the interior might not be the best, but thats not what the car is about. I wanted one so bad but it costs like $8000 more so maybe after i graduate i can get an STI.

An good wrx website : www.i-club.com
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the WRX's are UUUUUGGGGGGLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY, definitly a double bagger, "a miler" (looks good from a mile), so ugly it has to sneek up on a mirror to look at itself, so ugly when it was born the doctor slapped its face, [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Really though I hear that they are hot cars.
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
If the Lancer Evo is in fact a 25k car, and the build quality is good, I might consider it. WRX's are out of the question, I liked the look of the previous generation much, much better.
Old 06-05-2002
Registered!!

moose87 is an unknown quantity at this point
i test drove one and it was awesome! just a little too expensive for me(college student).[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
WRX is a beautiful machine!!! fast, relatively cheap, a little funny looking but well worth it!!!
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Snowman
To me the interior of the car wasn't me. It was too cheap. The whole car looked cheap and its looks didn't help either. Performance is defintely up there but I'd rather go for something that a little more expensive and used i.e Mercedes C43 or Audi S4.[hr]
you read my mind man....S4 is the best but almost double the price of a WRX but they are very nice inside and outside. and WRX STi wont release for the year 2003 but should be available in 2004. go check out the forum http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/ and read about the STi. but heck it's a fast car but too much money for me as of now...maybe when i grad from University and find a job then i will buy myself a turbo AWD car..till then i will keep dreaming
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had the vic for about 4 months now. I had a '00 top of the line accord with a v6 before that. I got the accord because I had a baby and thought that I needed a big family sedan. I never even considered looking a the wrx as it's not my idea of a family car. However, I grew tired of the family sedan feel and traded it for a vic. Imagine that, an accord ex-vl getting traded for a civic. The people at the dealership thought I was crazy! The crazy part is that if I had looked at the wrx I would more than likely have one. Well, maybe not now because I would have already wrapped it around a tree!
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

civicpimpin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
They are simply bad a-ss. I am thinking about getting one when I get back from Korea.
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

SpacemanBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I got to drive my friends Impreza 2.5RS (same as the WRX but without the turbocharger), and it's SWEET. Nice firm shifting, smooth acceleration, very easy to coax into a seemingly-perfect 4-wheel slide around a corner, when you aren't sliding it handles great too. Break pedal felt really easy to push in, but once you got far enough you can stop it pretty fast. I really liked it, and for sure would recommend one with a turbo!
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

LeroyBrown is an unknown quantity at this point
if i were gunna do an engine swap, i would've done it the most economical way from start to finish- get the rsx instead of the civic.. swapping engines seems to be a big waste of time in my oppinion.
Old 06-06-2002
Registered!!

lordryan is an unknown quantity at this point
I really wanted to test drive the WRX because everyone was praising its performance, but they said I had to be 21 to drive it.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] Anyway I still think its a real cool car for the money, plus it looks fun as hell to drift around those dirt corners like in the commercial Dam I want to do that!