General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

The cops made me see reality

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegulatorRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
I think this thread has taught me more than a week in high school...

Thank you for understanding QCKSILVR, though I still feel bad about the things I said. I'll take this as a lesson that not all police officers are corrupt. I mean come on, If you're cool enough to modify a 7th gen. civic, you're no different than the rest of us. Bottom line... you go out every day and put ur *** on the line to PROTECT and SERVE your community. I'm truly sorry I jumped on you. Please don't think of me as another punk *** 16 year old kid on this board, but rather as a maturing 17 year old young adult.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
I said stuff like that too--and still do occassionally to some people; don't feel bad at all. Feel free to PM me anytime you have any police or law related questions/concerns.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

I will PM you with questions, thank you very much... and I only hope that I will have the courage one day to do something that has been my dream and not let punk *** kids like myself get in the way.. Ok, Ive done enough damge on this thread.. later everyone
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

WhopSi is an unknown quantity at this point
QCKSILVR - Put yourself in ripper's position. The majority of us dont see it from your stand point, we see it as a cop bothering us for no apparent reason when he could be doing something else, like keeping an eye open for people speeding and threatning others lives. Although you make good points from your stand point, just understand where we're all comoing from, and how you would feel if you were in our position.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

<< I don't write silly summonses unless the person calls me a "pig" or tells me to direct traffic or is irate and condescending, etc., and for the most part, I understand that people are generally good, hardworking individuals. >>

It seems to me that he does understand... he even goes so far as to apologize for other cops behavior. I think we need to remember that he is just one cop.. we can't judge him... it seems to me like he is fair and abides by the law, he has also been very helpful to other members and is a good and reliable source on this forum
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

durk is an unknown quantity at this point
ok quicksilver, i do understand your view on the subject.....i know many good cops....but.....having said that, dont you think that it is pretty friggen gizzay when a cop pulls you over......for a stupid thing like having altezza tailights, and as he pulls you over, the friggen IS300 just passes you.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pretty friggen stupid.......if a cop can find nothing better to do then pull you over for stupid crap like that, i personally think, that the cop should go kill himself, becuase he has no reason to live, besides bustin thos crazy schizo altezza sportin civic luvin kids.......oh wait, no he should just kill himself....thats all. this isnt a flame in anyway, just my opinion, cause i have been pulled over 39 times since jan 1st of this year, and every ticket was thrown out by the judges.....

durk

oh and by the way, i DID not and will NEVER remove any piece of aftermarket that i SPENT money on.....just because jo jo the donut eating idiot had to meet his friggen quota.......sorry, but he has a gun and needs to use it.....and after saying this, i have no problem with picking up the phone right now and calling the police in case of an emergency, because i know that when the police get here, jo jo will still be wasting ink on one of my friends.....and not here helping me
(and dont feed me the line of this showing my intelligance bs, cause i just graduated LoyolaUniversity (one of the top medical schools in the nation)with a psychology major, and we had a whole chapter on police officers......)
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

I don't appreciate the line "jo jo the donut eating idiot," however, so you know, I refuse to make stops just for someone having altezzas. I think they look nice, and yes you could even make the argument that they are factory standard on the Lexus. An officer really should find better things to do than chase after people with those modifications which don't really violate the vehicle and traffic law. I generally will not make a stop solely for a mod, either. I'm sorry if you had any negative experiences with officers, however, quotas are unlawful in all fifty states. I'd just ask that you say "the police officer" instead of "jo jo the donut eating idiot." No one likes to be called names.

Edited for a gramatical error.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

syon2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
mental note: don't attend Loyola University...anyways, it seems like you guys are knockin cops becuase they sterotype you guys as the typical street racer (immature-teen-with-a-fixed-up-import-who-is-driving-on-city-streets-on-a-speed-rush) but then you guys are sterotyping cops ("jo jo the donut eating idiot" out to "meet their quotas" by any means necesssary)...word of the day: "hypocrites"

edited for spelling
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light

<< Now here is the good part. I've got a friend who is from japan and drift-races. One of the neatest cars over there is an ae86, he owns 9 (6street,3race). For any of you who don't know what this car is, it is an 86 toyota corolla, with a dohc 16 valve 4 banger, RWD. Anyway, they make a hole bunch of great performance mods for this car, so I'm going to build one. Not only will cops never suspect me, but it will be a complete sleeper except for those who know the car. I am also going to autocross and drift it when it's done. He said if we get the parts from japan, I could have a seriously badazz and fast car for under 7g's, and be able to race it. YES!:! >>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
f u c k i n g EVERYONE wants to jump on teh initial D bandwagon nowadays....

go watch some anime, and stay away from that car.

Edit: I think you should know that after i read this, i actually fell off my chair. no joke[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] seriously tho, every azn ricer out there is gonna jump on these cars just like ppl jumped on rice with FAF. everyone i talk to (including the "mountain racer") sas they are just waiting for Initial D to hit big in the US to sell their corollas [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] jebus!
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
for the most part cops are pretty cool. some i dont like more than others (but he was just upholding the law). me and accouple of my friends stay and talk at this one gas station near i live at night just talking. and these 2 cops come in and we sit there and talk to them. asking them questions. i feel they benifit from this aswell as us because they have gained our respect for them. i work with another cop (his other job) i talk to him about stuff aswell. QIKSLVR if you had accouple teenagers sit and talk to you for about 20 min or so about laws and what not. would you feel the same way. glad that we will talk to you instead of having people bi*ch at you and call you names?
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

I used to always talk with cops when I was a younger; I knew them all on a first name basis. I'm not that old myself, but I enjoy talking with younger people and answering all of their concerns and questions. I'm always willing to answer peoples questions, and to be honest with you, I don't recall ever having many problems with anyone under 21. I find teenagers, for the most part, to be far more respectful than most adults. No teenager I have ever stopped has said "I pay your salary, you're harassing me, blah blah blah..." They pull over right away, have all of their documents in order, and don't play the BS game as to why you stopped them. As long as they know what they did, I don't see the purpose in wasting paper on the matter. Everyone in my precinct knows that if someone gets a summons from me, it is because of something THEY did. When I get out of that car, I have no idea what I am going to do--the persons attitude is the determining factor as far as traffic offenses.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

ripper is an unknown quantity at this point
By the way, my buddies dad is a cop, and in regard to one of the comments, he says he's sophisticated, no donuts and coffee for him, bagels and latte's....lol. Anyway, white rabbit, I don't want to get one because of initial D, I want one because my friend told me that they are one of the best cars to have, and he's been racing them for years.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

02CarbonCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
These are starting to become my the highlight of my day..... qck beat me to the response as usual though
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

ce01cvcex is an unknown quantity at this point
where are you going to fine that toyota AE86? i've been trying to find one, i want to get a levin.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
You're only 23? Crap, I just turned 25 and have about the same education. My minor is in Human Resources though. I'm going back to be a certified financial planner.

I've been pulled over maybe close to 30 times, I've never disrespected an officer. That may be why I don't have any points and whatnot. You'd get much, much farther people if you have you have manners. You might just get a warning instead. Ever think about what a cop thinks when he walks up to your window? Maybe, "what if he has a gun? what if I end up a statistic for my mother to hear about on the news?" Seriously, if you walk to the deeper end of the water the horizon would look better. Sounds cheesy maybe but it's the truth.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

You couldn't be anymore correct. I treat everyone with respect that shows me respect. Like I said before, I NEVER get any problems from any kids--any problem during a stop I have had has come from someone over the age of 30. Nobody in my precinct gets out of the car with the summons book--we are taught in police academy to listen to what the motorist has to say, and to go from there. Showing me respect shows me that you are an honest person, and it is known that everyone (including cops) make mistakes. I'm not going to screw John Q. Motorist out of more money for court costs, insurance, etc., if he or she shows me respect and doesn't play games. That's how it works 99% of the time.
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

In regards to that ce01cvcex, I've got a friend who owns many and races some of them, he said he can find me one fairly cheap, he's always looking to find one for parts...so he is willing to find one for me. They are actually fairly cheap, look on autotrader. You may have to travel a little, but they're fun cars. The more stock, the more expensive, found a decent one for 1500 bucks, but it had 200k miles.
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand that police officers are doing their job infact the last time I got my ticket (16 over the posted speed limit), he stopped me got out of his car, asked me where i was in a hurry to, and blah blah. He was cool, complimented my car and my interior, didn't write me up for not having my seatbelt on and let me be on my way, very nice person just doing his job and I got a well deserved ticket. What I do dislike is motorcycle cops hiding in little bushes in the shadows gunning down traffic, because I understand that tickets are a cops cash cow but they should be given on traffic patrol basis not a cattle herd sneaky as.shole basis. Oh and I'm sorry to say this but a police officer has never done anything positive for me, EVER. I'm usually a good kid too, don;t cause trouble only 2 speeding tickets. Never called the cops, did report stolen things never got any real closure.

Also ona side rant Im grateful defensive driving (saves dinero on tickets), but must it really be eight hours ona saturday? The same material can be covered in a few hours on a weeknight after work or school. Is it really to teach or to punish..think about it. I think it's pretty low.
Old 05-12-2002
Registered!!

<< By the way, my buddies dad is a cop, and in regard to one of the comments, he says he's sophisticated, no donuts and coffee for him, bagels and latte's....lol. Anyway, white rabbit, I don't want to get one because of initial D, I want one because my friend told me that they are one of the best cars to have, and he's been racing them for years. >>

i know plenty of ppl who drive mustangs, say there is a good aftermarket, say they are cheap cars, that they are easy to fix up, and that even parts are cheap. does this mean i will ever be causght dead in a mustang? hell no.

but if you are as you say you are (lotta ppl havent heard of initial D) then buy it now, or hope that initial D doesnt get big, cause prices might go up. like alot.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

zero is an unknown quantity at this point

<< [i]
Now here is the good part. I've got a friend who is from japan and drift-races. One of the neatest cars over there is an ae86, he owns 9 (6street,3race). For any of you who don't know what this car is, it is an 86 toyota corolla, with a dohc 16 valve 4 banger, RWD. Anyway, they make a hole bunch of great performance mods for this car, so I'm going to build one. q]

You must be watching too much Initial D![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

zero is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah, you live in San jose, I also got pulled over. Its cuz of all the darn races in Fremont and Milpitas that caused all this stuff. So "some" not all, stupid cops pull over all fixed up cars regardless and give them tickets to think that it will stop the races. What sucks is ppl who fix up their cars cuz they like to do it. They assume that cuz we have rims, lowered, exhaust, we are there to race.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

I would partly have to agree with that, when I was younger I was a big part of that scene, now I just go check them out every once in a while with my friends to look at the cars and get some more ideas. Thing is, since all of my friends and I all run muscle cars, not really much to race anyway, and thats where the police get the stereotype. Most of what you see out there is imports racing, and so cops automatically stereotype that "crowd." I mean, how often have you seen fast muscle cars race out there? Not much. I've been pulled over more in my civic than I ever have in my dodge challenger.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

I've pulled over Hondas, but I don't think I ever stopped a Civic once...maybe I was just looking the other way...
Old 05-15-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I've pulled over Hondas, but I don't think I ever stopped a Civic once...maybe I was just looking the other way... >>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

-Kre
Old 05-15-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I've pulled over Hondas, but I don't think I ever stopped a Civic once...maybe I was just looking the other way... >>

YES!!! AN ALLY!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

J2thaWiZZo is an unknown quantity at this point
there's nothing worse than getting pulled over for some aftermarket sh*t. i got pulled over 4 times for my tint already (its 5% all around), and i ALSO got a ticket for my altezza taillights! i could getting a ticket for speeding (yes, i have), but for taillights? what harm am i doing to the community??? i just wanna look good when im rollin. ya heard
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

I've never written a summons for Altezzas, I wouldn't even know what section to write it under because I don't think it violates anything in my state. As for tints, I have used them as a basis for a stop, and have summonsed on them a couple of times because of peoples attitudes.
Old 05-16-2002
Registered!!

I wish I could have gotten my windows tinted at the dealer. In cali it's illegal to have your front windows tinted, but my mom got her car that way from the factory and a cop said you can't get a ticket if it's factory. Damit!
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I've never written a summons for Altezzas, I wouldn't even know what section to write it under because I don't think it violates anything in my state. As for tints, I have used them as a basis for a stop, and have summonsed on them a couple of times because of peoples attitudes. >>

i was behind someone with a set of altezzas that needed to get ticketed. they had the red in them to make them legal, however the light was so small and underpowered it was almost impossible to tell if the brake lights were on or off during the day. driving behind the guy was not really any different than driving behind someone with no brake lights at all

Quick Reply: The cops made me see reality