General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2013 Civic Hybrid gas cap very difficult to turn because of cord

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lfidao is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Civic Hybrid gas cap very difficult to turn because of cord

I just got gas for the first time for my new Civic hybrid and when I removed and replaced the gas gap it was incredibly difficult as the short plastic cord kept on getting in the way of the handle. Am I missing something here? Can I detach the cord?
Old 11-12-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Civic Hybrid gas cap very difficult to turn because of cord

Can I detach the cord?
It's only plastic, you can cut it off if you want........but if you do chop it off, how long before you lose the cap?

Got any idea how much trouble can be caused by "just" a lost gas cap? I do.

I'd say to just get used to it.

Last edited by ezone; 11-13-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot!
Old 11-13-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

ezone, no holder slot on the backside of gas door ??

I chopped my cord after a very short time.
Old 11-13-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CraigW
ezone, no holder slot on the backside of gas door ??
EDIT again:

It's there, see below.

If I let the cap swing on its leash, it leaves a mark on the paint.

Last edited by ezone; 11-13-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Jeez.....
Old 11-13-2013

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ezone
Not on mine.

If I let the cap swing on its leash, it leaves a mark on the paint.
Well, maybe i'm thinking of my 05 that has the holder. Will have to look at '10. Makes sense they would ditch the holder having the tether method though. Never really used the holder, as it was too easy to pop it out with the fuel nozzle.

And yes, got tired of it banging the super cheap paint/clearcoat.
Old 11-13-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

My 05 has the holder too. It's pretty nice because it doesn't touch the paint whereas both my newer cars it hangs and drives me crazy. I won't cut the cord though because I'm one of those people that rush at 4am to get gas and I'm sure I'd leave the cap somewhere.
Old 11-13-2013

Name:  4TRIRw5l.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  59.0 KB

OK guys, I know I'm not always the most observant person in the world, but I think I outdid myself this time.

I deserve ^^that parking spot^^ this week.

Just filled the gas tank, and this makes something like 30 or 50 fill ups since I got the car......I LQQKED this time.
For the very first time, I guess.

My car has the holder, it's just not the large obvious plastic attachment that some of the other cars have. It's painted metal, nearly flush against the inside of the door, and only grips the cap by the outermost thread.

I'm a freekin idiot.
Old 11-13-2013

^^^Does your 2012 have the running tally for gas mileage stats ??
Old 11-13-2013

^^^ On the iMID? I have it set to "reset with refuel".
Old 11-13-2013

I set everything when I got the car and have never messed with it.....much like most people that purchase a new car, use it however it comes and don't ever look to see what all it can do.

This is why I try to set all auto-unlock to unlock ALL doors, because almost nobody will change it. Makes it so much more convenient when in for service.

There's a few menu items I see all the time, and most i never mess with on any of the cars. Once a car is sold, I never touch any settings unless I have to.

All of our cars have customizeable auto-locks now.....I saw a van the other day that someone had actually paid good money for someone to put in an aftermarket lock controller to lock and unlock all the doors....because nobody read the owners manual. Or the quick start settings guide.
Old 11-14-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezone
I set everything when I got the car and have never messed with it.....much like most people that purchase a new car, use it however it comes and don't ever look to see what all it can do.

This is why I try to set all auto-unlock to unlock ALL doors, because almost nobody will change it. Makes it so much more convenient when in for service.

There's a few menu items I see all the time, and most i never mess with on any of the cars. Once a car is sold, I never touch any settings unless I have to.

All of our cars have customizeable auto-locks now.....I saw a van the other day that someone had actually paid good money for someone to put in an aftermarket lock controller to lock and unlock all the doors....because nobody read the owners manual. Or the quick start settings guide.
Wait, you can do that? It irks me that my gf's 08 only unlocks the driver side. Question is though, is there a way I can do it, or only doable with fancy-schmancy dealership tools?
Name:  myhijacked2.gif
Views: 33
Size:  1.5 KB
Old 11-14-2013

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Wait, you can do that? It irks me that my gf's 08 only unlocks the driver side. Question is though, is there a way I can do it, or only doable with fancy-schmancy dealership tools?
Holy cow, man! I thought you were in the choir here.

Starts on P81 in the sedan owners manual (US).