General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Why don't people buy Honda Accords like they used to?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Why don't people buy Honda Accords like they used to?

Before, The Honda Accord was that car that everyone bought when looking for a mid sized sedan. What happened to that? Like nowadays I see a lot more Corollas, Camrys and Altimas, out there. Even the coupes I dont see many. From everyone I talk to, they all say theyre too big and overpriced and rather get civic.

Are they overpriced? I think so
Are they too big? I think so
Has competitiion surpassed it? Maybe

Seems civics has been more popular than Accords for a long time, wonder why.
Old 07-25-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Why don't people buy Honda Accords like they used to?

I think you've answered your own question
Old 07-25-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rjones7755
I think you've answered your own question
hahaha
Old 07-25-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

that's second time you asked the same question... a few months ago...
Old 07-25-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

at least it's not about a Hyundai
Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

SungJin is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont have problem with the price or it being too big; competition wise, honestly didnt care for it. when I got my civic I was just looking for a car to get me from point A to B; i chose civic instead of accord for one reason alone: the view. in the dealership testing the 2002 accord; I could barely see what's in front of me if i was to drive it; i had a hard time estimating when to start braking (im the type of person that brakes by seeing not by distance, idk if that makes any sense) but back then when i sat inside the 2002 civic I had a clear view where my front bumper ends; that made me decide on the civic instead of the accord
Old 07-25-2012
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the real reason is, they dont make em like they used to.
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

the real reason is, they dont make em like they used to.
+1 on that. However, the accord is the only car that Honda makes that I still like. It's a shame...
Old 07-26-2012

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Honda has definitely been slipping that's for sure...the competition's moved to better technology like turbocharging and direct injection, while Honda's just now thinking about it.
Old 07-26-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone shut up and let the rainbow pony talk.... Show some respect. I think the new ones are damn ugly.
Old 07-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ lol!
Old 07-27-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you want an accord, get one from the 80s and early 90s. they get better gas mileage and are more reliable. the tech in those things, even back then, was way ahead of the times. they were built like tanks and could easily do 500k miles on the same motor AND trans.
Old 08-04-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

What does everyone think of Mitsubishis? The Lancer that is.
Old 08-04-2012
Premium Member

meh, older ones were somewhat decent, evo was the only one worth considering. base lancer was slower than the civic. newer evos just dont look the same anymore and quality is down.
Old 08-05-2012
Registered!!

Jas88 is an unknown quantity at this point

People dont buy Honda Accords as much as they used to anymore because Honda decided to increase the size of the accord at a time when gas prices were rising again.

Customers started complaining about the gas mileage and also they didnt like how much honda decreased the interior quality into what it is today. A hard plastic mess with tons of similar sized buttons floating all over a high dash.

The accord turned into a bloated fat buick. People never asked for that, and the competition stepped up. Look at altima, Camry, Hyundia Sonata, Even the american brands got much better in tech and quality, such as the Ford fusion, Chevy malibu.
Old 08-05-2012
Registered!!

PacosTacos88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just look at this:

Someone get me a wetnap...
Old 08-06-2012

I wish they sold the mondeo over here^