General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I hate being like everyone else! (Look if you had an accident recently.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate being like everyone else! (Look if you had an accident recently.)

If anyone will be here a YEAR from April... remember what happened on these forums! Civics are being damaged left and right! Whether it's your fault or not, the surrounding cars just seem to hate your Civic!

Why did my PARKED Civic have to get into an accident?!

Okay, check this out. I went to the dealer to get the little extras put on my car that was on the Due Bill.

Carcare
(Lo-Jack... I was too late for this)
System 3000 alarm
Vin Etch

I brought it there at 11am and then picked it up at 4:45pm. In between the time my car was being slightly touched up, I forgot I left my CDs in the car when I decided to clean the stuff out of it while I was at the dealer, and if I didn't find my CDs in the car when I got it back, I would be one angry customer. Well, guess what? I didn't! Before I complained, I decided to see if anything in the trunk was missing and voila... there my CDs are wrapped in a plastic bag with "thank you" on it. Problem solved.

I also noticed the exterior of my car and holy sh't... if you have one of the "Pearl" paints on your car, then you will truly understand how good the car looks when it literally sparkles under the sunlight! To say the least, I was pretty impressed! For some reason, waxing the car is not enough to bring out the "pearl" part in the paint. The Honda dealer gave me a "PCS Autoshield Car Care Kit" that came with 4 different types of cleaner, and there's a certain one that brings out the life of the paint and I'm sure that was what they used on my car because it was not washed. Anyways, I'll get back to these items later as they prove to be pretty useful.

When I came back home, i parked my car in front of my house, and next door across the driveway to the garage of my house, my neighbors were working on their car. I went inside the house and got on the computer for about 20 minutes and next thing you know, I hear something go, "BOOM" and my alarm is set off. I look through the living room window and get a clear view of my car and looking at it from the window made it look kinda... strange... almost looked like nothing happened to it. I almost disregarded what happened to it until my neighbor came to my door and said that his car accidently rolled back into mine. I looked at it, and the bumper was a lil' scratched, and some of the paint was scratched off of it. What kind of car hit me? Some big old domestic. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] My wheels were turned outside of the curb and I understood why my car looked so odd! It was up on the sidewalk! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Sigh... the guy said he'll pay for the damages when he gets his next paycheck. No need to go through insurance... I know where he lives.

How unexpected... when people are getting into accidents they're told to drive safe and I can't even park my goddamn car! It stays on the driveway from now on. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

Another one bites the dust... (sh'touttaluck.com)
-Zell

How many of you guys have been in an accident since last Saturday? I swear, JUST TODAY we had 5 accidents (including mine).
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
oh man
not another one
all these accidents are makeing my head hurt
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

LuZi0n is an unknown quantity at this point
im picking up my civic this weekend from the dealership....hope nothing happens, but parking it at college will just make the chance of something happening worse
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
i know my car's gonna get jacked at school anytime now...AGAIN.....
Old 04-25-2002
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
Well I had an incident with a hit and run today. The side of my car was all buffed up with green paint and I have a huge gouge (SP?) in the back of my bumper....I waxed out 99% of the green paint, but since I have side moldings (sedan) those got scratched up heavily...oh wel.....touch up paint will work for now.

My plan:
Hault everything, and work on the body of my car.
-Shave rear 2 handles (I have a sedan)
-Paint front 2 handles body kit (I have an LX)
-Have H off the trunk
-Add body kit to hide the gouge (SP?) on my back bumper....thank god its on the bottom part of my bumper too...

Now I just need to find a good kit for a sedan...ANy suggestions on a kit? Doesn't need to be a full kit, I'm willing to mix and match if it looks good. Jebus life isn't fair sometimes
Old 04-25-2002
sLy
Registered!!

sLy is an unknown quantity at this point
Last week I was on the highway cruisin at 80-85mph just about to pass a diesel with a truckload of crates. He hit a freakin bump and a 3ft long chunk of wood came flying directly at me. It was aimed at the center of my car so I swerved left onto the shoulder to avoid it. On the shoulder, my car started fishtailing in the loose gravel (at 80mph!!!) so I had to correct for the sliding - WHAM! the wood chunk hit my passenger sd front bumper. I was freaked out majorly and forgot to get the license plate of the driver. Damf_ckin-**** I sure would like the company (responsible) to pay for that crap.

I hate 18wheelerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the ones that drop dirt chuncks all over the road in front of ya!
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Well, I should get mine back on Monday after the fateful day of April 22. So far it is over 2 grand and last time I called it was still climbing. Oh well.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that sucks when you can't park your car in front of your house for fear that it might be hit...
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

CivicRacer2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
u know last time i took my civic to the body shop i heard about alot of accidents on this site
now my car back at the body shop again getting new rear bumper pasaager side tail light and a quaterpanal plus blendingthe pain on half the god damn car
and once again i hear alot of pople saying there car got messed up again
man i car was at the body shop twice and both times i hear alot of accident on this site
is that odd ?????
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

<< i know my car's gonna get jacked at school anytime now...AGAIN..... >>

You truly deserve an alarm for such a car...

<< I hate 18wheelerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the ones that drop dirt chuncks all over the road in front of ya! >>

Everyone has to take the most extreme cautions with these guys. Another reason why I say left side of the freeway for me, and right side of the freeway for them!

<< Man that sucks when you can't park your car in front of your house for fear that it might be hit... >>

Welcome to the tragic life of a Honda Civic.

<< u know last time i took my civic to the body shop i heard about alot of accidents on this site
now my car back at the body shop again getting new rear bumper pasaager side tail light and a quaterpanal plus blendingthe pain on half the god damn car
and once again i hear alot of pople saying there car got messed up again
man i car was at the body shop twice and both times i hear alot of accident on this site
is that odd ?????
>>

It's funny... but after Christmas until March is accident season. I haven't been driving for a year, but it IS odd that our cars... specifically the ones on the forums are becoming victims! I mean, the good part is that you can get some more mods if you go through insurance by fixing the car and using the extra money for insurance for something nice. But still, no one wants their car damaged! To all of those who have gotten or get into an accident, you have my sympathy, especially if it's serious!
Old 04-25-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i hit my mom's car knocked her mirror off, antoher accident, left a few scratches on the car... i think i am gonna get it fix, along with the 4 dents on my door cause by unknown people.. like.. in a few days...
Old 04-25-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Man u guys are hazard prone!!! Nothing for me. so far (knocks on wood!!!) a very very very very small dent, but can barely tell it is there.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a nice 18 wheeler gravel truck in front of me a few weeks ago. Of course, they pack them to the top, and while I was driving along, trying to pass him in the left lane (NO TRUCKS are permitted in the left lane unless making a left turn in New York) a large piece of gravel fell off of the truck striking the side of my car. I pulled him over which was a project in and of itself, and was finally able to convice the driver that what was on his truck struck my car. After identifying myself, he was more than cooperative and I got the paintless dent fixed at the expense of his company...
Old 04-25-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Almost got into an accident last night [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] Was backing out my driveway and let this car that was coming up my one-way street pass by first. Turned to look back to the front to make sure I dont scratch against this bush by my driveway while I was turning into the street. Good thing I was going slow cause I hear someone honk a couple times. The idiot decided to back up for some reason and I was probably like a foot away from clipping his bumper. I would've been pissed cause I just finished my 2nd coat of wax not 1 hour before.

WhosYoDadday85 - I'm thinking of shaving the rear door handles for my sedan as well. I hear the costs are $1500-$2000 so I'm gonna wait a while for that.

-Kre
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, even when you do everything right you still get screwed.
Good Luck man.
Old 04-25-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Dude, I swear! This sucks. It's like our Civics are magnets for accidents. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Mine was in an accident too (in case nobody knows that). Not now or anything, but still...
Old 04-25-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
my rear right tire got slashed in the school parking lot about a month ago.. i checked the school parking lot survalence tapes.. but too bad my school cant afford good cameras, and i couldnt see a d@mn thing on the tape.. h*ll, i could barely even see my car on the tape

but i do have enemies at school.. people envy me for having a nice car.. even though this one kid has an Audi TT, nothing happens to him.. but i have a enviromentally safe car that cost me not even $20k and i have enemies cuz of my car.. i dont get it
Old 04-26-2002
Registered!!

<< my rear right tire got slashed in the school parking lot about a month ago.. i checked the school parking lot survalence tapes.. but too bad my school cant afford good cameras, and i couldnt see a d@mn thing on the tape.. h*ll, i could barely even see my car on the tape

but i do have enemies at school.. people envy me for having a nice car.. even though this one kid has an Audi TT, nothing happens to him.. but i have a enviromentally safe car that cost me not even $20k and i have enemies cuz of my car.. i dont get it
>>

It's hard to tell whether it's your enemies or your Civic! An Audi TT means big business... I'm sure whoever could afford it could afford to probably have a guard dog in that **** and cameras... and maybe electric shocks on the door handles! Sorry to hear about your tires. Friggin a$$h0lez.