General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

hyundai sonata hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hyundai sonata hybrid

looking pretty good to me. around 40mpg, better CD than prius, leds all around, lithium batteries, etc. way past any hybrid currently on the market. did i mention 200hp?

Last edited by gearbox; 01-06-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough
Re: hyundai sonata hybrid

holy crap does tail light are beautiful those will cause some accidents for sure

dont like that audi light kind of looking thingy
Old 01-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, those tail lights are trippy haha
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks like celis rods same as bmw except they twisted these into crazy patterns lol. did i also mention it can get to 60mph before the fuel system kicks in?
Old 01-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything looks good, but I dont know if i'm exactly diggin the grill
Looks like the new Mazda grills

Any pix of the interior?
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

its nice, double moonroof anyone?

Old 01-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

:O
It's a stick?

What price range we talking about?
I think i'm sold already :P
Old 01-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

sounds great..

But it's a hyundai..
Old 01-06-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Yeah, that's my only problem
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

whats wrong with hyundai? its one of the most reliable cars made today and comes with a 10 yr warranty. i would take one over a honda anyday. or most other cars for that matter. no price yet. in 10 yrs, i can easily see hyundai becoming the #2 automaker or maybe even #1? toyota is going way downhill and honda is next. im very disappointed in honda, they totally lost it after the year 2000. and their newest hybrids are a joke. their 10 yr old insight was leaps and bounds better than anything they have today.

Last edited by gearbox; 01-06-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm disappointed with Honda as well, but I'm in no way convinced that Hyundai has reversed their quality issues. They've had slick, cheap designs over the past few years that are tempting everyone to buy them, but in the day they were junk and I have yet to be completely proven otherwise.
Old 01-06-2011
Premium Member

thats the whole thing, back in the day they were junk. now all i see is hyundai on the roads and whenever i ask, they say its a great car and they never had issues. and the few that have said they just take it in and it gets fixed free. i sure would love not having to pay repairs the first 10 yrs of owning the car. as much as i like my car, it would be stupid to say it hasnt given me alot of problems, because it has. and its less than 10 yrs old. i cant even remember all the thousands i spent on stupid stuff that would randomly break. and now with the trans going, i have to wonder what else will happen later once that gets fixed. hondas are simply not made to last anymore and im finding out the hard way. parts i never even knew existed im having to fix on this car that our old honda still has the originals from 20 yrs ago.
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

i like hyundai all there cars look sort of sporty or futuristic which is how all the cars should look like. Have u seen the hyundai genesis coupe OMG http://www.cars.com/go/features/auto...=genesis+coupe
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

I am telling you even though I am a big fan of Honda. But, when I first time that drove my the 7th. I wanted the 6th gen back : )

Hyundai is getting better every year. It's pretty nice car, gearbox. Even the Elantra looks better every year.
Old 01-06-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Hyundai and Kia are both making a huge comeback. Some of the safest and most reliable cars out there right now. I agree with gearbox about the new Honda's being crap. Just the aesthetics of the 8th gen Civic's are crap. I honestly feel like I got the very last good civic (2005).

As for that car, it's so nice it makes my ***** tingle.
Old 01-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

actually, the best are the 6th gen
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

A lot of major changes that paved the way for other Honda models were first done in the 7g civic, being so innovative for Honda meant we lost a bit of reliability.

Still, I've never replaced a non-wear part.
Old 01-07-2011
Premium Member

ive never considered my 7thgen as being innovative
Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i was getting gas last night and a a sonata caught my eye i was like dam thats nice i didnt know what it was at first then i saw the badge. i would trade my honda in a heartbeat for a new sonata i cant belive i just said that but its true.i would VIP that car with a quickness.
Old 01-07-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hyundai is really stepping up their game. good to see that.
Old 01-07-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Yeah really

.....But i'd still take the 2011 TC
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
ive never considered my 7thgen as being innovative
Its not in the grand scheme of things, but for Honda it was a completely new design with no common parts being shared between it and the 6g civic. No one hates on the DC5, but the 7g civic was the testing grounds for it.
Old 01-07-2011
Premium Member

oh yeah for sure. they changed a bunch of stuff and unfortunately stopped making the auto trans in japan with quality parts which turned out to be a huge mistake. i posted a while back all the new stuff the 7g has that they changed. cant find the article but maybe you remember.
Old 01-07-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Eh,it's an Iffy for me.200HP hybrid is a plus,but I never really liked Hyundai,so it affects my outlook on this car.And that it looks like a new Mazda 3 or whatever it's called.200HP definitely a plus though
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

When I admire a Hyundai, I feel the same way as when I cheat on my gf..

As much as I enjoy it, it just feels so wrong..
Old 01-07-2011

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

^Why is that so true?I just can't really say good things about a Hyundai cause I always thought they were ugly and slow,just good for reliability.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

maybe test drive one? might change your mind. its really nice inside.
Old 01-08-2011

I could go out for a test drive,a Dodge dealer got replaced by a Hyundai one a few months back near my home.I've been looking at the Genesis Coupe though.Especially the red ones.lol.I think if I went though,I'd take the Genesis Coupe for a test drive,not the Sonata.hahaha
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

For another 100 hp, i'd def take the genesis over the sonota... true, they are stepping their game up... but I think its too early too tell for sure. I mean, to throw 22k+ at something, I'd need to know for sure. If the resale value went up I'd be even more happy

A note on trannys, my buddies 05 tsx (the last year of being built all JDM) his tranny went out last month and its been at the tunner with the tranny at the machine shop for several weeks now being rebuilt over the holidays... (he made it to 75k without a tranny cooler supercharged and tracking his car several times a year) While its being rebuilt, its also being upgraded in the process... dunno if huyndai trannys can be upgraded like hondas can.
Old 01-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Which transmission does he have?

Quick Reply: hyundai sonata hybrid