General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What woudl you do?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
What woudl you do?????

Hey guys
Lately I have been thinking about trading my civic of 300 miles. I was saving a lot of money to buy mods and everything. However, now I have seriously been considering trading in my car for either a Lexus IS300, Acura Cl Type S, or an RSX Type S

Here is my question, Would you guys mod the car or trade. I wouldn't be able to get the car for about a year. But by that time I would have enough to pay it off.

Do you get any extra if you trade in a car that has mods, i.e CAI, exhaust, rims

Thanks for the help.

Also, do you think I should do any mods at all??
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
Well first off you get no money for mods. Whenever you trade in a car, it should be bone stock. How long have you had your car? It seems like a little while because you only have 300 miles.

Mods will make the car look better and in some respects perform better but it will not bring it up the level of the cars that you mentioned. The point is those cars will accept mods much better than this car (engine ones). However you must also consider insurance on these cars. Also places where you park and such. Do you have any people that hate you? Once you move on up, people get jealous so watch out for that.

If none of the above concerns, go ahead and keep the car stock and then trade. Keep in mind that you will absorb basically all the value loss of the car when you trade it in so will not get that much.
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree w/ snowman! Before I got my Civic I looked at a WRX, the insurance alone was going to kill me! I got my Civic with low insurance rates and the rest is history, plenty of money for mods!
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You have to look at how much money you have or are going to put into the civic. If you are going to put several grand into the vic, you could just buy something more expensive and have a nicer car. If you trade now, you will loose your *** on the deal.

No, you won't get any extra for the mods. In fact, it would be hard to sell the car with them. A modded car looks to the consumer like one that has been driven hard and has been altered from oem specs. This isn't really a good thought to someone wanting to buy a honda unless they are like 16 and are into the scene.

Anyhow, it all comes down to the money. Do you want to pay the extra moolah to get the better car. What will you loose by upgrading. Is that badass car really worth it?
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
i say get the IS300. the honda game is now getting old. all the noobs are ruining it. use your financial status to pimp it. get the lexus, and whenever a honda pulls up to you, you can smile and *bling bling*........

and then still beat the crap out of most any honda out there. dont get me wrong i love hondas, but when all the kids start coming to your bar, you find a new, know what i mean?
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

Lianjie is an unknown quantity at this point
if u have the money get the rsx type s!!!! if not, just mod ur civic
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

petOr is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with snow man.. thats all i got to say
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

AirForce is an unknown quantity at this point
Forget that Go with the 260HP Acura Type S.....Those cars will beat a lot of cars and looks better then an IS300
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Sell stock:

If moded, sell mods:
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

nonbiasjeepowner is an unknown quantity at this point
I have nothing to say about an rsx-s, i have driven my friends is300 around and it is unbelievable. it is not that quick but it feels like it really is, it handles like a dream, but i did beat him in race with my grand cherokee which kinda hurt his ego a bit. I would say go for the is300, thats jsut my opinion.
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Forget that Go with the 260HP Acura Type S.....Those cars will beat a lot of cars and looks better then an IS300 >>

I'm surprised to see that the CL is lighter than the RSX. About a 300lbs difference.

Well, I'd go with the RSX Type S... the CL has no kind of aftermarket support. You will have the best K series engine with the RSX, too. (Heh, it's still a GS-R under the hood in terms of engine capabilities.) I like the look of the RSX better IMO. I wouldn't take a CL to race, either. Too luxurious for me... so it's too luxurious for the track. But my guess is that you're NOT going to race the car you get???

As for the IS 300... damn... if I were to have a car I would make the least amount of modifications to, this would be it. It's just an awesome f'cking car. All wheel drive, too? It certainly isn't the fastest (unless you compare it to the Civic, hehehe) but I would be stuck deciding whether to get the IS or the RSX. (I'd most likely choose the RSX still. The IS would make a good "2nd" car for me.)

Overall, you've got good taste so whatever you get, I hope you're happy!

-Zell!
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

LexBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
lol how did you do that???

beating a is300 with a grand cherokee....

wow i thought they were fast....i guess its maybe cuz they are heavy
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

nonbiasjeepowner is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i think an is300 is about 3300 pound so it is heavy, but it handles like a dream. The grand cherokee is about 3900 pounds, they have very similar hp, but the grand has another 80 or so in torque. I honestly though my friend would kick my azz in his is300 but i won by about 3 car lenghts
Old 04-24-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
befor upgrading make sure u can afford it. the job market has been shakey. having any of those would be a great upgrade, but if you financial situation changes it would suck to see a repo man doing donuts in your former RSX. i'm sticking with my car for the meanthime because if i loose my job, i could make my payments with a dumb part-time job.