General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Custom Cold Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nick82006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Custom Cold Air

Ok i was thinking, pretty much the stock air box is the best intake for our cars both low end and high end. i was wondering if this would work. theres a Whole near the stock intake tube leading down the under the fender well. if u measured that intake pipe diameter (cause a diff diameter would change the pressure and thus change the effect it has on the car) same Diameter and ran in down the whole (might have to dremel a lil bit) and put a filter on the end of it and took the stock filter out. You woudl still be usuing ur stock air box but it would be a "colder" intake than u had before. What effects woudl this have on the car. Has anyone tried anything like this.
Old 07-05-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
what kind of piping would you use? if you go to autozone they have cotton intake filters and plastic extensions for intakes. so if you wanted to you could make your own intake from that stuff. i guess you could keep the stock box but why? it takes up so much space. i would take mine the hell out if it didn't void the warranty. anyway good luck. and try to shield the filter so water don't get all up in there and cause your motor to hydrolock. cause that would suck
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

just a ALUm pipe mabye 5-7inch long and then a 45 degree bend then mabey 4 or 5 straight inches then a K&N filter or something. And so for water...heatsheild
Old 07-05-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the airbox is giving you good low-end power, where you lose the low-end without it...
Old 07-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my typhoon intake has more low end than stock. But if you wanna mess with the stock one, just change the tubing and extend it lower. Don't take off the resonator cause thats where most of the power comes from.
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

Yea i wasent planning on taking the Resonator off just extending the pipe to a lower cooler posistion and put a cone filter on it.
Old 07-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
don't even bother with cone filter. Just extend the tube to get cooler air. That way it will be hard for the stock filter to get wet.
Old 07-06-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
dont need to add another air filter to it, that would just mean less air flow. if your keeping the factory airbox, it has a filter element in there that works great. so i think extending the inlet pipes would be the best bet.
Old 07-06-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
why bother, it was a mistake even getting an intake, in my opinion. but ^ what he said is a good idea if you going to do something to it