General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

need some input scion tc vs civic si coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryan509 is an unknown quantity at this point
need some input scion tc vs civic si coupe

alright i will be getting a new car in the coming months and have narrowed it down to these 2 cars mostly for reliability reasons and they look good and so on. i am looking for some input or pros/cons of each i like the tc cause its cheap 17k roomier and makes its power at lower rpms. si better interior 6 speed and faster i could get a tc with trd cai throw shifter sport muffler 25mm lower springs and a bunch of other stuff body kit spoiler for around the same price as the si. i am just wondering which you guys think is better and why? thanks alot
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough
Re: need some input scion tc vs civic si coupe

Trust me u will appreciate Si aloooooott More. Personally I have driven a TC and not impressed with it at all. With Si you get your moneys worth!
Old 08-28-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i agree with street. i got a TC as a loaner car and wasnt very impressed with it, i also had the previlage to test drive a 2008 SI coupe and really loved it....

just my .02
Old 08-28-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

as for aftermarket wise, TC has a very very well built turbo kit from dezod that makes great power. and if u put that turbo in, it will still be cheaper than buying an SI all together. and the TC will have more power. ALOT more power.
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

LividHatred is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend bought a TC about a year ago and hates it. Poor response, loose handling and he says it started to feel cheap after about 2 months. Transmission went kaput at 6K; car pulls hard and constantly to the left. Tires were all replaced, car realigned and checked by 2 dealerships and nothing was found wrong. Spedometer is also off 8mph at 65mph and the dealership won't do anything because it's 'within the variation limits' at 35mph so he uses his GPS for monitoring speed.

I've never heard anyone complain about an Si.
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point

SI has the heritage and the looks. No question Honda hands down.
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

How can you fairly ask this question on a Honda forums? Lmao
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

well the car would mostly be for the reliability and looks factor they are both close to the same speed and how often am i going to race and do 0 to 60??? thats why i am leaning more towards the tc i can get everything i want and its only 23k and i could add a trd supercharger for another 3k. would a supercharger make the reliability of the engine worse? and how long do superchargers last?
Old 08-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i used to work fot toyota and have alot if experience with them there good reliable cars i would get that over the si im sorry to say but the new civics are ugly.just make sure to get a manual.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-28-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2009

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
How can you fairly ask this question on a Honda forums? Lmao
im sure (i hope so) he went on the TC forums n asked them as well.
Old 08-29-2009
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LividHatred
My friend bought a TC about a year ago and hates it. Poor response, loose handling and he says it started to feel cheap after about 2 months. Transmission went kaput at 6K; car pulls hard and constantly to the left. Tires were all replaced, car realigned and checked by 2 dealerships and nothing was found wrong. Spedometer is also off 8mph at 65mph and the dealership won't do anything because it's 'within the variation limits' at 35mph so he uses his GPS for monitoring speed.

I've never heard anyone complain about an Si.
Sounds like your "Friend" needs to learn how to drive. I have several friends with tc's, and si's and both run forever. Its not like its a ford
Old 08-29-2009

^i think u just needa learn how to drive a ford.... hahahha jk....

the ford GT is the **** man.
Old 08-29-2009
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

after driving the cars overall i have to say the Si's is a great choice as it feels more sturdy but i dont like the feeling you get from an Si cuz it feels very disconnected. The electronic power steering and drive by wire make it feel very spacey as in no feedback. My cousin's tc is a good reliable car but if you want to get into the car to mod and drive then get the Si...i got a DC5-S instead and the hp difference from tc's and k20's makes the world of difference...
Old 08-29-2009
Registered!!

well i thanks for everyone's opinions i am still trying to decide lol i really think i could go wrong with either car both a great so i guess we will see in a couple months what i have thanks agian
Old 08-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you really need to drive and decide for yourself. i test drove an 06+ civic and i would never buy one. ragingspam is right, it feels like the car is driving itself. very weird trying to compare to an 01-05.
Old 08-30-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

you can't miss with either one really. Both are great cars. The Si gives you some things that the Tc doesn't. In my opinion, your better off with the Si, yeah we are all biased because your on the Honda forums but still, you get a limited slip differential with the Si which you don't with the tc, the visibility is MUCH better out of the Si then the Tc, the K series is also a MUCH better platform to build from also. I think the Tc uses independent wishbone at all four corner whereas the Si is multilink rear (98% certain) it just depends on what you want. I like the ergonomics of the Si interior over the Tc's, the way the buttons feel and fit and finish but that's all personal preference. It depends on what you want to do with it man. I honestly feel that the Si gives you a much better head start Q.E.D. its a better platform to start with.
Old 08-30-2009
^Warranty voider

Running Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of lightRunning Riot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ryan509
well the car would mostly be for the reliability and looks factor they are both close to the same speed and how often am i going to race and do 0 to 60??? thats why i am leaning more towards the tc i can get everything i want and its only 23k and i could add a trd supercharger for another 3k. would a supercharger make the reliability of the engine worse? and how long do superchargers last?
TRD has a kit specifically for the Tc, doesn't void factory warranty and built specifically by Toyota FOR Toyota
Old 08-30-2009
Registered!!

ya thats what im saying i could get alot of aftermarket trd stuff like supercharger throw shifter cai sport clutch body kit for around the same price as an si. also i have drove both and really like both of them and i agree the si feels more sporty but the scion is also very nice i guess i have a decision to make