General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

off topic i know. Crotch rockets

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tmuc13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: off topic i know. Crotch rockets

Why don't you use the money for an........education??? Since it seems like you need to be "educated" on what brands of bikes are available to you school might be the best bet for you. Buy a ten speed and go to class.

Sidenote: Are you going to use your friend's money for your bike too? That's very nice of him to let you have that if he is.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

sp4rt4n is an unknown quantity at this point

how much do you weigh? how long have you been ridin?
Old 11-14-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

honestly, my f4i still scares that **** out of me. never get too confident. when you do, you're bound to go down.
Old 11-14-2008
<---- I am really this short in person!

fullgrown is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't think he's ever gonna come back to this forum again. i bet he went to SRT forum to ask the same question.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fullgrown
i don't think he's ever gonna come back to this forum again. i bet he went to SRT forum to ask the same question.
lol!!!
Old 11-14-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by motofabio
OK wow. I was searching for an answer about my friend's civic trouble when I ran across this thread. It made me register. I admin sportbike forums and have been riding dirt and street bikes for years. GENERALLY, this is how things are... 17 y.o. + new sportbike = early grave.

1) The fact that you've got hours and hours of dirt bike experience will help you balance your bike and get it moving. Congratulations. Being out in traffic is a whole other skill set that you do not have. Take the class. It's under $100 up to age 21 and it WILL save your life.

2) You want to be a GOOD rider? Start small and work your way up to a faster bike. Starting on a smaller bike will teach you how to use momentum, which is much more important than the "point & squirt" you will surely learn on a liter bike.

3) Don't be fooled into thinking the 600s are slow. When I was riding a 600, I was passing most literbikes through turns, including the big bad Hayabusa. And that's in the canyons AND on the track. YouTube "motofabio - Big Tujunga" for a peek. 600s do 140+ mph and 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds. Any faster and you're gonna wheelie an flip it, no matter what size engine. Physics. Sure the big bikes are gonna be faster on the freeway in a straight line. Big whoop.

The single biggest danger to a person your age jumping on a sportbike is your attitude. Riding is 80% mental and 20% bike (if that). Think you know a lot? You don't. Think you got it all under control? You don't. Think you can handle any motorcycle right out of the box? You definitely cannot.

Gonna stop there. I could go on, but that's enough for a first post here. Best of luck on two wheels. Keep your head in check.

hey man, are you admin or on the R1-forums.com???????

im on there too!

gonna get my R1 by the beginning of next year.

Originally Posted by Rennen
honestly, my f4i still scares that **** out of me. never get too confident. when you do, you're bound to go down.
now THAT is respecting ur bike....right there....
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

motofabio will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
hey man, are you admin or on the R1-forums.com???????

im on there too!

gonna get my R1 by the beginning of next year.

now THAT is respecting ur bike....right there....
Nope not those, another... but I'm on there too.
Old 11-16-2008
Registered!!

sp4rt4n is an unknown quantity at this point

there are two kinds of riders...
riders who have gone down, and riders that are going to go down.

buddy of mine droped his bike after 10 years of riding.. RIP.....
Old 11-16-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^lol i dont believe in that crap...... but each to his own.

u got it wrong.....it suppose to go:

"there are two kinds of riders: ones who ride harleys and ones that know better"

hahahhahaa =]
Old 11-17-2008
Registered!!

motofabio will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sp4rt4n
there are two kinds of riders...
riders who have gone down, and riders that are going to go down.

buddy of mine droped his bike after 10 years of riding.. RIP.....
Yeah, I don't buy into that thought process; it's kinda negative. I'm not stupid, of course it can happen to anyone at any time. You could get into a car accident at any time too, right? Next time you fly your plane might crash. You could we walking around and a stray bullet could kill you.

Nearly everyone I talk to has a horror story about a motorcycle. Either they crashed or their uncle died or something. When I ask about details, I usually get things like, "I was in Hawaii on a scooter and I crash and skinned my whole left side. There was this patch of sand on the side of the road...". Well WTF did you think was gonna happen when you go off the road in shorts & flip-flops with 10" tires? Either that or "the uncle" was drunk, no helmet. Again... WTF did you think was gonna happen?

If I sold my motorcycle today I wouldn't fall into either category, thankfully. That's because I ride smart. I took the classes and ride hyper-vigilant while in traffic. Not to say it can't happen, but it goes back to what I said earlier - riding is 80% in your head. If you keep your head in the game and be truly respectful of the situation you put yourself in every single time you throw a leg over, you'll experience years and years of most excellent times.

Last edited by motofabio; 11-17-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2008
Registered!!

CDN-Retard is an unknown quantity at this point

just thought would be appropriate:

Old 11-18-2008
Registered!!

shawn.k is an unknown quantity at this point

idk man starting even on a 600 is risky. i started with a little ninja 250 i rode it for a good year and a half then upgraded to an gsxr-600. imo a 1000cc is WAY too much power for a commuter one accidental flick of the wrist your front tire would be in the air. you shouldnt even be thinking about going bigger than a 600 at this point. first of all go take the msf course and make sure you have the basics down packed. then go to several dealers and find a bike that would fit you. like make sure you like the riding position or where the foot peg is positioned because not all bikes feel the same.

best of luck to you man.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

lilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond repute

this kid is never coming back. haha for myself i have been riding dirtbikes and mini bikes for like 18 years or more then i get my first street bike a 89 ninja 750 just to learn and get my feet wet on the street. (i know the 750 is a little big but its a 89 and i got it for a grand) so one day im out ridin mindin my own business and outta no where comes this little punk 17 year old in a nice new caddy. well this punk hits me head on, i flew threw the wind screen of my bike broke the left handle bar with my shin landed on the hood/front window of the caddy then rolled into the on comming traffic. it doesnt matter what size bike you are on you are always at a greater risk on a bike. as for this kid were all talking about i think with his attitude and mentality he should stick to 4 wheels or if he wants a 2 wheel thrill go get a moped thats more his speed. i now at 25 years old and been on the street for a few years still only ride a 01 zx6r (carbeurated) and it scares the **** outta me at times. like everyone is saying you have to have respect for the bike otherwise it will surely own you.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice

Honestly, I know you stated in your initial post but you're 17 and a first time rider. Don't get any of those choices.