General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

off topic i know. Crotch rockets

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cyberlanboy09 is an unknown quantity at this point
off topic i know. Crotch rockets

now i know that ur not supposed to go big with ur first bike but thts what i plan on doing soon. yes yes i also know i might be stupid.
but i need to know which bike to get i cant decide.
suzuki gskr1000

honda cbr1000

yamaha R1

kawasaki gsxr1000
or
ducati 1098 r

and if anybody could i cant find the price tag for the ducati

money isnt really a worry right now
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
Re: off topic i know. Crotch rockets

If money aint a problem, then by all means, go with the Ducati. Also consider the Aprilia.
Old 11-13-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

reason why you ask us here, is because you know you will get flamed up the *** if you go on any bike forum....

1098r is $39,995

get the duc
Old 11-13-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

and the fact that ur 17.....lol...most likely a squid...

you have no idea what ur into....

and ur insurance will be $4000 a year for full coverage...
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

Clean 03 will become famous soon enough

I hope you meant to say Kawasaki ZX-10R. The GSX-R is the suzuki. i also must say, Its stupid and pointless to hop on a big bike as your first bike especially. Most of the people ive seen first hand and heard about going that route have had terrible/embarrassing outcomes. People think they got ***** casue they go out to the dealer and get a brand new 1000 for the first bike. Its usually *******s like this that give all us legit sportbike riders a bad rep. People who are in it for the love of the sport or just have some common sence, are wiser and will be riding for many more years. I say get off the Ego trip. Ive been riding a 600 for the past few years and im 6'1" 235 LBS. and Its plenty of bike. Once you get some mileage and experience under your ***, then consider going bigger.
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

Clean 03 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
and the fact that ur 17.....lol...most likely a squid...

you have no idea what ur into....

and ur insurance will be $4000 a year for full coverage...
hahah well said. NO idea
Old 11-13-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

CBR FTW!

but if u have the money get the ducati
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

haha yes i meant zx 10 r oops
and ive been riding dirtbikes and other 2 wheeled objects my whole life im not to worried about it beiong powerful

but seriously 40,000 bucks for the ducati dam i was hoping it was like 25 to 30 at most
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough

May I ask what it is you do that you can blow 25-35 grand on a bike at the age of 17? I mean, lets say the DUCATI was 25-30 grand, how can you afford that? ... Line of family wealth and you just don't know what to do with money? or are you pushin' drugs?

Crazy!
Old 11-13-2008

seriously man, if ur parents are rich, and ur pockets are deep because of them, DONT JEOPARDIZE UR LIFE.... especially cuz you get everything you want......trust me, this aint something ur gonna want....(hypothetically if ur pockets were deep)

but then again, if it was deep....WTF r u doing on a CIVIC forum? u belong on a BMW or something forum
Old 11-13-2008

this thread is gonna have a bad outcome.....i can already feel it...
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

peterkyle is an unknown quantity at this point

You're on the road to alot of hurt.... As much as a 1000 IS wicked cool, being in a full body cast just isn't.
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough

I'd say get a used 600cc. **** around with it for about 6 months to a year, depending on how long it takes you to get comfortable with riding. After that, you can dish out the 30 grand for a ducati if you want.
But considering you're 17, young, probably gonna do some dumb **** (no offense), and most likely have your limbs amputated, i'd say hold off on the bike. Wait until you get some maturity under your skin before you get a one.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point

there is no such thing as a Kawasaki gsxR. The gsx belongs to Suzuki

I recommend the Kawasaki ZX 600 Ninja. Out of all the Jap Sport bikes it is the most comfortable imo.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand what ppl's fascination to have a superbike when 98% of the riders out there can't even handle it. A 600 is the smartest choice especially for a new rider and yes you're only 17. I don't know you're history you could have a ton of dirtbike experience but the fact that you can't even name the manufactures bike correctly is a bad sign off the bat. Regardless we all ride for different reasons and use different bikes for different conditions/situations but I don't think a 1000cc bike is in your best interests.

Last edited by ronaldo9; 11-14-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

just by reading your first post, i can tell that you know nothing about bikes. you wont be able to handle one and will probably end up like this guy.

Last edited by Rennen; 11-14-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 Rennen we see eye to eye.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

yes i am 17, the reason i can afford to pay that much is because my dad hasnt paid child support in 16 yrs thats at least 20 grand right there and i have a buddy whom ive been friends with for like 13 yrs, anyway he got in a terrible wreck when he was 12 and sewed the other driver he got somewhere around 30,000 or so and he put it in a bank to let it grow. but we still have like a yr till he can touch it.

BTW i didnt mean to put suzuki gsxr i was well stoned
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

wow uhh... yeah... just be sure and post up in the wrecks section when you kill yourself. but honestly, if you have 20 k just lying around why in the bloody hell are you driving a civic? you seriously need to listen these guys that have serious experience on street bikes, buy a used 600, get some experience, then go blow 20k on a big bike.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

umm i dont actually have a civic. i just did a crotch rocket search on google and this was the one i picked.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

go with the GSX-R 1000, the power is crazy. i got a 600 for my first bike and regret it. next summer im going all out and getting the Busa. remember respect the Bike or it WILL show you whos boss. just respect and wear your Gear
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

so you post in a civic forum about getting a crotch rocket... go post in a bike forum... there are a ton of them.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

i would but, do u know how much shtick i would get from them. + it seems like people on this forum know what there doin
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Why do you want to blow 20k+ on a bike? Spend that on something worthwhile like your education or property. Bikes get old and damage does occur whether you are experienced or not. So in a year when you are over your thrill of doing wheelies and impressing the ladies your 20K bike it will not be worth much at all. If this is your first bike get something lightly used and save your money.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

peterkyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you think the people on a motorbike forum would rip into you so bad? They're the ones that would know! If you're just looking for people to validate what you seem to already know on some level is a bad idea, just ask your little brother which bike looks coolest on the showroom floor. If you genuinely want to have a sportbike, not crash and die, and do the smart thing you should read some of the hundreds of threads on this same topic that are all over the motorcycle forums of the internet.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

motofabio will become famous soon enough

OK wow. I was searching for an answer about my friend's civic trouble when I ran across this thread. It made me register. I admin sportbike forums and have been riding dirt and street bikes for years. GENERALLY, this is how things are... 17 y.o. + new sportbike = early grave.

1) The fact that you've got hours and hours of dirt bike experience will help you balance your bike and get it moving. Congratulations. Being out in traffic is a whole other skill set that you do not have. Take the class. It's under $100 up to age 21 and it WILL save your life.

2) You want to be a GOOD rider? Start small and work your way up to a faster bike. Starting on a smaller bike will teach you how to use momentum, which is much more important than the "point & squirt" you will surely learn on a liter bike.

3) Don't be fooled into thinking the 600s are slow. When I was riding a 600, I was passing most literbikes through turns, including the big bad Hayabusa. And that's in the canyons AND on the track. YouTube "motofabio - Big Tujunga" for a peek. 600s do 140+ mph and 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds. Any faster and you're gonna wheelie an flip it, no matter what size engine. Physics. Sure the big bikes are gonna be faster on the freeway in a straight line. Big whoop.

The single biggest danger to a person your age jumping on a sportbike is your attitude. Riding is 80% mental and 20% bike (if that). Think you know a lot? You don't. Think you got it all under control? You don't. Think you can handle any motorcycle right out of the box? You definitely cannot.

Gonna stop there. I could go on, but that's enough for a first post here. Best of luck on two wheels. Keep your head in check.

Last edited by motofabio; 11-14-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Inserting my sig!
Old 11-14-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

i cant even start on this topic because its obvious this kid has no idea what hes talking about. my advise is:

1. to get the biggest, fastest, most expensive bike you can.
2. get stoned (because bikes and drugs go good together, yea.)
3. hop on your brand new bike
4. see if you can jump a canyon.
Old 11-14-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by motofabio
OK wow. I was searching for an answer about my friend's civic trouble when I ran across this thread. It made me register. I admin sportbike forums and have been riding dirt and street bikes for years. GENERALLY, this is how things are... 17 y.o. + new sportbike = early grave.

1) The fact that you've got hours and hours of dirt bike experience will help you balance your bike and get it moving. Congratulations. Being out in traffic is a whole other skill set that you do not have. Take the class. It's under $100 up to age 21 and it WILL save your life.

2) You want to be a GOOD rider? Start small and work your way up to a faster bike. Starting on a smaller bike will teach you how to use momentum, which is much more important than the "point & squirt" you will surely learn on a liter bike.

3) Don't be fooled into thinking the 600s are slow. When I was riding a 600, I was passing most literbikes through turns, including the big bad Hayabusa. And that's in the canyons AND on the track. YouTube "motofabio - Big Tujunga" for a peek. 600s do 140+ mph and 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds. Any faster and you're gonna wheelie an flip it, no matter what size engine. Physics. Sure the big bikes are gonna be faster on the freeway in a straight line. Big whoop.

The single biggest danger to a person your age jumping on a sportbike is your attitude. Riding is 80% mental and 20% bike (if that). Think you know a lot? You don't. Think you got it all under control? You don't. Think you can handle any motorcycle right out of the box? You definitely cannot.

Gonna stop there. I could go on, but that's enough for a first post here. Best of luck on two wheels. Keep your head in check.

good first post +rep
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by motofabio

BEST POST YET!!! +10000 AND WELCOME
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

CDN-Retard is an unknown quantity at this point

get a carbed bike and beat it to ****. then dump it for a FI modern SS.

Quick Reply: off topic i know. Crotch rockets