General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

LCD-equipped shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008
The Video Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold
LCD-equipped shift ****

LCD-equipped shift ****

Acura Audi BMW Car reviews Chevrolet Dodge Drag racing Ferrari Ford Honda Lamborghini Mazda Mercedes Mitsubishi Nissan Porsche Street racing Subaru Toyota Volkswagen
According to AC Schnitzer drivers have to rely solely on feel to know which gear they're in at any given time (gasp), so the digital display takes all that pesky guesswork out of gear selection. The red LED on the shift **** has a light sensor which dims or brightens the display depending on conditions, matches the stock interior lighting, features a position sensor and can be installed in just a few minutes.

Last edited by trev0006; 01-16-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: LCD-equipped shift ****

thats nice.
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

looks pretty cool. could make a good conversation piece in the car.
Old 09-12-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

This guy's posting something useful for once. Where can I get one? Are they available for 5 speed?
Old 09-12-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

if i had a manual, id get one
but sadly auto for me
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

pacotaco is an unknown quantity at this point

it be sick if it was a programmable olcd so like you could put movies hahahah or put the Honda emblem on there but that would be expensive or you could put engine temp speed rev idk it would be programmable
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

it dosent look programible but it's availible in red or blue and goes for $169

i might get one for the bling. also it's not battery powered. well heres a quick page i found on google about it:

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-ca...ar-shift-****/
Old 09-12-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you have to look down at the display to see what gear youre in, somethings wrong lol
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

I'm with gearbox...lol.....

I guess....it is just Bling Bling
Old 09-12-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

might help noob drivers lol
Old 09-12-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeX
This guy's posting something useful for once. Where can I get one? Are they available for 5 speed?
yeah, if only he got the title correct...i was expecting a show car with a TV on the shifter

Originally Posted by gearbox
if you have to look down at the display to see what gear youre in, somethings wrong lol
agreed! well, if you look down and can't tell what gear it's in anyways.... "hmmm. am i in 1st, or 5th...I CAN'T TELL!!!!"
Old 09-13-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

exactly what i was thinking....

if you gotta look to know which gear ur on, then you shouldn't drive a manual at all
Old 09-13-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

my hand is completely covering the **** when i shift anyways lulz... kind of tacky
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

mabye someone ( MEMEMEMEME) should see if we can extend the LCD to the dash.
Old 09-13-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DieMaster
mabye someone ( MEMEMEMEME) should see if we can extend the LCD to the dash.
uh, if you have to look at the dash to know what gear you're in, then something's wrong. All you need to look at is your revs and your speed and it should tell you what gear you're in. Unless you have a paddle shifter or semiautomatic transmission, people have been driving fine without a light telling you what gear one is in for decades.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

^^ dont look at your dash just look at your dash lolz
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

I agree
Old 11-04-2008
Registered!!

anyone know where i can find this? been looking for it and no one caries it . even googled it.

i think the LCD would help. espesaly at night when u cant see the **** only gues but the position.
Old 11-04-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

anyone know where i can find this? been looking for it and no one caries it . even googled it.

i think the LCD would help. espesaly at night when u cant see the **** only gues but the position.
if you needa be looking at the **** to know which gear ur in, u shouldnt be driving a manual....PERIOD

most people who can actually drive manual never look at their ****...unless if they have a nice SPOON or a 6speed ****...
Old 11-04-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

It's made by AC, they're not a very common company. Unless you're buying one of their $300K cars, you're probably not going to get one. ****, just make one yourself.
Old 11-04-2008

btw, its LED.......not LCD
Old 11-05-2008
Registered!!

ampong has a little shameless behaviour in the past

First time to hear that. Looks really awesome!
Old 11-06-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

the only time i ever look at the shift **** is when i am admiring the beauty of the type r goodness.