General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Anybody see what Circuit City did to this guys Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough
Anybody see what Circuit City did to this guys Civic?

Heres the story...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/15/c...ed-civic-si-o/
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

FROSTY90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anybody see what Circuit City did to this guys Civic?

guy sounds like an actor. family and friends lifes at risk. b.s. ive seen worse and i can bet there wasn't 12k in damage. honda u.s.a. are scammers half the time anyway
Old 04-18-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Yeah i read this a little while back.

His first mistake was letting Circuit city work on his car. Sure buying it there is fine, but going the distance is risky imo.

Looking back, I let circuit city install a cd player in one of my old cars, and they installed it with a center piece that did not match the color of my dash.
Old 04-18-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

idk, they installed my first audio setup quite nicely, and same with the alarm which still works 6 yrs later. depends on the location i guess...
Old 04-18-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

i worked at a circuit city, all the guys i worked with were MECP certified and top notch. it doesnt matter what company you take your car to. put tools and a car in the wrong hands and accidents happen, even at big $$ places like tweeter.
Old 04-19-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skipbarber
i worked at a circuit city, all the guys i worked with were MECP certified and top notch. it doesnt matter what company you take your car to. put tools and a car in the wrong hands and accidents happen, even at big $$ places like tweeter.
Yeah, it happens. A bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.
Old 04-20-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

....best buy ftw
Old 04-20-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

I had Futureshop do a sub, amp, speaker and alarm install. They did a really great job.

This guy got ****ed, lol.
Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

nicokpe is an unknown quantity at this point

he take the risk.......
Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

i dont understand how some poeple can **** up cars like this....take your time look for the screws and clips use a panel popper not flat heads...cmon guyssss And know your damn wires! do some research
Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
....best buy ftw
I worked at a Best Buy many years ago, and I saw a big f-up while I was there.
It was sometime in 01'-02', some guy flew in to Birmingham to pick up some special edition Dodge Ram pick-up. Dude was loaded, and paid for it in full. Well, he was staying overnight before he drove it back to where he came from, and decided he would come to best buy to get a full stereo put in the car to pass the time. Big mistake! The guy spent an *** load on the stereo, so the store manager had the Install supervisor do the job. Well, he had been working all day in the bay, and was real tired. He got to work on the truck, but while installing the rear speakers he cut a line going to the SRS. It only took him about three seconds to realize what he had done. To cut this shorter, they ended up having to get the guy a rental car to drive home, and towed the truck back to the dealer. The guy was very, very, very, very pissed off. The guy that did it was a great installer, too. He had been in the business for 10+ years, and still is.
Old 04-21-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Where I live, Best Buys are the worst places to go for all around electronics and appliances. I cant speak for anywhere else since Ive never been in one anywhere else.