General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Super Autobacs is a ripoff!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yoshi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Super Autobacs is a ripoff!

My friend and I went in for a brake service for a Honda Accord EX V6. There was only 38k miles on the car. Front brake service is normally $99-$169. They tried to quote $500 to replace the front and rear brake rotors and pads. I confronted them about the outrageous price and they lied to me saying that the rotors were out of spec. The rotors were good for another 60k miles. They later tried to contend that it used the specs from a inline 4 Accord. I looked it up on Amazon.com and the rotors are the same for both engines. Super Autobacs is overpriced and their service was horrible. They didn't even bother to ask us how to rectify the problem. Two hours later we left disgusted. I will never do business with them again and will tell my friends the same.
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
Re: Super Autobacs is a ripoff!

its stories like these that make me glad i know how to work on my car, and if i need any help, i can go on here and ask for help
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by yoshi115
My friend and I went in for a brake service for a Honda Accord EX V6. There was only 38k miles on the car. Front brake service is normally $99-$169. They tried to quote $500 to replace the front and rear brake rotors and pads. I confronted them about the outrageous price and they lied to me saying that the rotors were out of spec. The rotors were good for another 60k miles. They later tried to contend that it used the specs from a inline 4 Accord. I looked it up on Amazon.com and the rotors are the same for both engines. Super Autobacs is overpriced and their service was horrible. They didn't even bother to ask us how to rectify the problem. Two hours later we left disgusted. I will never do business with them again and will tell my friends the same.
you just figure this out now... only thing i buy there is air freshners ... try and find a local mechanic, they're more experienced and will give you much better service and price
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

That place is way overpriced.
Old 04-12-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnbt23
its stories like these that make me glad i know how to work on my car, and if i need any help, i can go on here and ask for help
amen brother
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to straight to HONDA for those type of repairs.. And plus ur friend has a V6 HONDA ACCORD... Autobacs is a place - for crappy, modded pieces of junk cars.. That's why luxury drivers will never get what they want at such Places...

Last edited by Dticalman81; 04-16-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

lol, you now there a bunch of shops around autobacs thats way cheaper. Most people just go to autobacs for meets and to look at stuff.

Some times i just buy the japanese race dvd's but thats about it.
Old 04-12-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
and to look at stuff.
x2 i seriously just walk around for an hr...then buy an air freshiner...haha
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

j.steimer04 will become famous soon enough

Brakes are very simple, but also very expensive for labor. I dont understand.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah this is why i work on my car. Except for things I can't do. Like rusted bolts, or TB or internal work.

eeek
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by j.steimer04
Brakes are very simple, but also very expensive for labor. I dont understand.
there expensive, but not that expensive. If you bring your own pads, most places just charge $120 for labor to do the front and back.
Old 04-12-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I went there with a friend a couple years back, as a tourist attraction. He lives on the east coast, and I took him there (among other places) just to see it. I think I bought some LEDs or something, and he bought some odd decoration for like 3 bucks or something. But we both looked at the store top to bottom, and agreed that we could find better deals on the internet etc, but also agreed that the price is probably higher in terms of convenience. As far as the service goes, I think it's expensive because of the brand name (And maybe the american workers are dicks who knows...) Strange how Super Autobacs is one of the best stores on the other side of the pond, but here not so much. I thought it was a cool store though.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

ya but some of the girls who work there are haaat
Old 04-12-2008
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

never been there...cant stand big shops which have high prices and think its ok because they have a stick shoved up their ****...i got to a guy which has been my dads friend and family friend for over 25 years...he does maintenance to my EG and K...no one else other than my tuner touches that car...
Old 04-13-2008
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO front brakes replacement is the easiest work on the car. Easier than an oil change.
Old 04-13-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dalaw
IMO front brakes replacement is the easiest work on the car. Easier than an oil change.
yeah man, i agree.
Old 04-13-2008
Registered!!

TOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the roughTOEnail is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by yoshi115
Super Autobacs is overpriced and their service was horrible.
i could've told you that..but why did you go to autobacs to get your brakes done?
Old 04-16-2008
Registered!!

yoshi115 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went there because it used to be $99 for oem pads and resurfacing. I was outraged because they tried to quote my friend $500 for new rotors for the front and rear rotors and rear pads. He drives the car under normal conditions and there is no need for new rotors @ 38k miles. Their argument was that the rotors were "out of spec." When I confronted them about this, they then retracted by saying that they were mistaken and that the specs were from a inline 4 engine. I looked up the parts on Amazon.com and discovered they were in fact the same part. Therefore, I posted this rant to increase awareness of shady service practices. If I was going to spend $169.99 for brake service I could have easily gone to the dealership for service. I realize I could have easily gone to another mechanic, but I went because there were rumors that their service had gone down and went with my friend to disapprove the rumors. Sadly, I was mistaken. I've gone there since their opening and am disheartened to see the disservice they caused.

Last edited by yoshi115; 04-16-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnbt23

That and having a family friend who owns a shop

Wagner
Old 04-23-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

hmm...well If you didn't like the price then why would you pay for it? Pay the diagnosis & leave if you're not happy with it? It's like going to the store and getting the cheapest price......If you don't like it don't get it? This is life....