General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2008 Performance World/Darknights Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cardude22 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 Performance World/Darknights Pics

Some pics from the Darknights Auto Salon/ Performance World show that took place at the International Center in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

It was a pretty decent show, with an unusual amount of high end luxury cars in attendance...

It was this past weekend, here are the pictures

Yes, that’s an SLR shes posing on…

I took 4 sets of pics... links below to 400+pics

Set 1: http://www.gtcars.ca/online/special-...-pictures.html

Set 2: http://www.gtcars.ca/online/special-...tml#post381457

Set 3: http://www.gtcars.ca/online/special-...tml#post381458

Set 4: http://www.gtcars.ca/online/special-...tml#post381459
Old 03-19-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2008 Performance World/Darknights Pics

Looks like there was some nice work there.

It never ceases to amaze me how show cars have such a high level of craftsmanship, but it seems to be inversely proportional to the taste involved. I'm not just talking about your pictures, but "show" cars in general. Ridiculous modifications and color combinations are utilized in the name of points and individuality, and undoubtedly exhibit extraordinary workmanship and skill. But the modifications, when view macroscopically, are both useless and visually unappealing.

[/rant]

Anyone care to explain that one to me?
Old 03-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

i dont see any cars in the last 2 pics....lol
Old 03-19-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

what would you drive to a car show? an eye catching car (probably ugly eye catching) that has a lot of expensive stuff bolted onto it. or a honda that is dressed up to the point of having the clean style of a high dollar euro car? the ricemobile will get more looks and because of that more people will look at its work. stock looking cars belong on the road :P
Old 03-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

haha i looked throught every one of those pixs.......nice!
Old 03-20-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Envy
what would you drive to a car show? an eye catching car (probably ugly eye catching) that has a lot of expensive stuff bolted onto it. or a honda that is dressed up to the point of having the clean style of a high dollar euro car? the ricemobile will get more looks and because of that more people will look at its work. stock looking cars belong on the road :P
I understand the reasoning, if not the logic. I'm not so much talking about the colors and paint jobs as the modifications that render the car completely useless for street use. Know what I'm talking about? Once you get to a certain point, it becomes modern art, not a car. Ah well. Guess I'm too pragmatic. I suppose that's why I don't go to art museums.
Old 03-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

for show, so they can say its possible to do lol. ofcourse you could never drive those things around town. yeah the crazy ones get more looks, but then the people are thinking, wow look at this ricehead driving around with all the junk thrown on. i dont think anyone has ever stopped them to mention how great the double aluminum spoiler matches the body lines.

Last edited by gearbox; 03-20-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-18-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Thanks for sharing. The saturn is neat looking.
Old 04-28-2008
Registered!!

nicokpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Good work & nice pics