General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

what car to get

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
what car to get

my civic might be sold ..... so im looking around and stumble these two cars ...which one u think ?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=45

or

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=55

or this one ..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=13

Last edited by ill02civic; 11-13-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Re: what car to get

Adui>benz
but front wheel drive FTL, and the Benz will run forever.
my civic is probably going to be the last front wheel drive car i own, but if you like it more power to ya
Old 11-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh - not feelin' either of them personally. I've never liked the TTs and the Benz is an automatic. If I had to choose between only those two cars, I'd go for the convertible (chick car) Audi TT in that resplendent cop-magnet red paint job.
Old 11-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Go for the TT. That is a bitchin' car. You will be alot happier with the Audi over the Mercedes. Thats actually not a bad price for it either.
Old 11-12-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

mah boy got that benz **** is fast.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by IrockCivics
mah boy got that benz **** is fast.
has he had any problems w/ it so far ?

thanks for everyones input
Old 11-12-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

theyre both ugly looking.. but i guess thats my opinion. audi tt is hella fun to drive though.. mm
Old 11-12-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

go with the tt
Old 11-12-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

get the Audi.. I had a Audi 90' when I was 16 and I still dream of it the reliability factor will come into play though.. you will have fix-it issues .. it's NOT a Honda
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
get the Audi.. I had a Audi 90' when I was 16 and I still dream of it the reliability factor will come into play though.. you will have fix-it issues .. it's NOT a Honda

Yeah You'll have fix it issues with both compared to a honda. and Mercedes parts aren't cheap either go with the Audi there is nothing better than putting the top down on a nice summer day
Old 11-12-2007

tunerjones can only hope to improve

S2000
Old 11-12-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

It depends what you want to do. The audi is gonna be easier to work over, but neither are going to be "reliable". If you're looking to go fast, an early S2K is in that price range as well.... and probably more reliable.
To compare a rag top to a hatch back is a bad comparo... since we have no idea what you want the car for. I wouldnt DD the rag top.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

don't get either. Both cars are pretty much huge losers for both companies. The mercedes more then the audi. The audi was just a golf with a different exterior. They had problems in the early years with a poor suspension setup that caused accidents. watch the fifth gear review on it.

The new audi TT is way better and is a nice roadster.

The kompressor is probably the most horrible mercedes you can buy. You should at least buy a C230 if your going to buy a benz.

read some the reviews. The first initial reviews right when you open the page say its unreliable, and its overrated.

http://www.edmunds.com/mercedesbenz/...merreview.html

if you want a roadster i suggest looking into a s2000, bmw z3, bmw z4.
Old 11-12-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

solstice GXP ftw.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

between the two, the audi tt. that motor is pretty nice, my friend has one in his jetta and it is really quick. it responds really well to some minor mods, a chip adds 40-50hp. i think you would be happy with it.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

i would go for the audi TT
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

they are both chic cars imo. but if i had to pick the better of the 2 i would pic the Audi. yeah i really havent heard much good from the kompressers. and the audi is nice and light and fast. probably more fun to drive. and the white in the benz. not my fav.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

KCblackVP will become famous soon enoughKCblackVP will become famous soon enough

Audi.. Ftmfw!!
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

i put a new link up for you guys to check ...thanks
Old 11-13-2007
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

Definately the s2000
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

KCblackVP will become famous soon enoughKCblackVP will become famous soon enough

That S is super cheap and doesn't have that many miles on it.. I say go for that one.
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

s2000

tts are boring, sure they look kinda cute, but that ends there
mercedes...meh not an exciting car

depends what ur looking for in a car but it seems like you yourself dont know. you have listed a "luxury" roadster, a luxury car, and a sports car...

pick 2

reliable
fast
cheap

you will never have all 3

s2000 is not reliable (yes i said it). the AP1 had many problems because of the 9000RPM redline thats why the ap2 was reduced to 8200 IIRC
mercedes is not cheap or reliable or fast...its basically a comfortable car with more bells and whistles
audi is not cheap or reliable

euro cars are also more expensive to maintain, i mean that exactly as i say it. they recomend a special oil for them, the replacement parts cost more, and audis are known for blowing coil packs on a regular basis. mercedes of that year is built by chrystler (i think so anyway) and that explains that. also if you want a "european" car, the mercedes isnt it. from what i remember reading, that model mercedes was designed specifically for america, and isnt even available in europe...i dont remember seeing a single one in england during my stay there.

final ruling

s2000-fun, not usable year round (snow), a bit flimsy, rear window is plastic and will constantly fog and need to be replaced regularly, not comfortable for daily use
mercedes-comfortable, not worth the money IMO because from driving it, it doesnt have the same feel as the other mercedes I drove...cant really explain it
audi-fair ammount of power, ok with comfort, love the interior, dont love the reliability of audi in general...car isnt particularly good at anything, just decent for all marks

if it was up to me, i would keep looking, you can get something much better than those 3 for the money

Last edited by ultimatetuner10; 11-13-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

definitely the s2k. Thats when it still had the f20c that revs to the mooon! hahaha. AND it is a really good price. I would hop all over that...then just get it repainted.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

change my mind i would go for the s2000 lol HAHAHAHA
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

so i've decided ..im getting this car ....

http://www.autoshopper.com/viewfull....FromSearch=Yes
Old 11-14-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10
s2000

s2000 is not reliable (yes i said it). the AP1 had many problems because of the 9000RPM redline thats why the ap2 was reduced to 8200 IIRC
mercedes is not cheap or reliable or fast...its basically a comfortable car with more bells and whistles
audi is not cheap or reliable

mercedes of that year is built by chrystler (i think so anyway) and that explains that. also if you want a "european" car, the mercedes isnt it. from what i remember reading, that model mercedes was designed specifically for america, and isnt even available in europe...i dont remember seeing a single one in england during my stay there.
Can you post links to some of the stuff you said? I'm sorry to say a lot of what you said is misinformation.

honda didn't change the the redline from 9000 to 8200 because it had problems. Honda went from a 2.0L engine to 2.2L engine because people in America were complaining there wasn't enough low end torque, so they added more displacement to compensate.

Plus the s2000 engine is hand built in japan with forged internals.

The s2000 in japan and europe stayed as a 2.0L with 9000rpm redline until recently they changed the japanese one to a 2.2L as well. Europe still has the 2.0L engine.

Even on top gear, the s2000 won three years in a row as the most satisfiying vehicle to own terms of relability, customer service at the dealership and cost to own.

Chrylser didn't build mercedes cars, it was the other way around. Chrylser used some of mercedes parts. For example the 300c is built on a old Mercedes E class plateform. They tried to do part sharing similar to what honda and toyota does to save on costs, but didn't end up saving them as much as they wanted.

Mecedes around 2001-2003 switched from german parts to chinese parts in there entry level models to save costs and be more cost competitive with there revivals. Thats why a 99-2000 mercedes was more reliable then the 2001-2003. Since then mercedes went back to using there german parts and there reliability went up on there models then previous years, they even take a hit on there lower models due to the exchange rates.
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

M_Mullins will become famous soon enough

It looks great with the paint job
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

dopeyboy247 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: what car to get

S2000.

The Audi & the Mercedes Benz are both chick cars imo. If the Audi TT was black or silver then Maybe, but it's RED .

My cousins ex-gf had that same Mercedes Benz.

If the Audi and the Benz were both Black/Silver with black interior then Sure.

Remember this is a Honda forum website lol

The S2000 is my choice.
Old 11-15-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

that s2k was on craigslist last week for 5K dollars lol! I guess they came to their senses on that price .
Old 11-15-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i personally like the first s2000 better. virgins are way better imo.