General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Carmax

I am looking at getting rid of my 03 EX Coupe. Its got 53k on it, I have some 17's on it as well but will be replacing those with stock EX wheels.

Has anyone tried to sell their car to Carmax or anything? I ask because if I get rid of it, it would need to be pretty quick. I searched and the most recent one with any relevant information was from over a year ago and for an 01.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Re: Carmax

well, from what people have told me that have worked there, or work there currently, they will try to rip you off very bad. i assume it could be different in other states and cities though.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

HighBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

trade it to honda car dealer. check on kelly blue book on yahoo.com knowin how much ur car really worth, so u have a idea if they r ripin u off or not
Old 11-06-2007

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough

Well trade value in "good condition" which mine would actually be excellent, is 9500 according to KBB. Private Party sale is about 11500 and Carmax is selling an 02 with 30k more miles for 13500. I guess I can have them appraise it for free.

This is it

This is it with the wheels.

and my best reflection ever.

^thats the trunk after a detail. So the paint is in great condition.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

They bought my dad's S2000. He got a little less than what he payed for it. I didn't deal with them first hand on selling a car to them, but my Dad gets pissed when he thinks he's getting the stick from a dealer. I didn't hear him complain about their service.
Old 11-06-2007

Originally Posted by HighBoost
trade it to honda car dealer. check on kelly blue book on yahoo.com knowin how much ur car really worth, so u have a idea if they r ripin u off or not
The only thing with that is that I don't want another Honda, not that I don't like them, its that I want a totally impractical car because my wife now has a practical one.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

if u've gotten into any fender bender no matter how minor, they will give u crap.
i got my car appraised. was in a small accident and replaced my fender. 70k miles 03 lx. they offered me 4k.. ****ers
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice

Carmax isn't worth it, sell it private party. Carmax will offer you around 4k, that's what I was offered and my civic had 91,000 miles on it and it was return to stock.
Old 11-07-2007

Its never been in an accident. Ill list it on autotrader and see what happens. I guess carmax offers free quotes, maybe I will see what they say too.
Thanks for the help guys.